• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Lost: What's Next for My Pampered Chef Team?

In summary, Julie is feeling sad and losing her director to another company. She is meeting with her clustermates to say goodbye and to plan monthly get-togethers. She is also in touch with her recruiter.
lockhartkitchen
Last week I found out that my director's director was leaving PC for another company. My director called me tonight, to let me know she was leaving PC too. I know it was a difficult decision for her. Our team will be splitting up to accomodate everyone's locations for hospitality. Outside of Pampered Chef, I don't have any close friends. I am happy to know my director is excited about her new endeavor and it will be a good choice for her family. I am very sad tonight. I do have one cluster mate that lives close to me, that I'm going to see if she wants to meet monthly together. I also have one active recruit, but she doesn't come to meetings. I appreciate the family of friends I have met on here. I wish we lived in closer proximity.

(((hugs))) Julie!Download Skype & you can dial in & join MY meetings!!! :D Of course you'd have to get up at 2:30 AM, but you are welcome to join in!!! ;)

Thank you Sheila. I might take you up on that sometime. It's hard. For five years, I've been in constant contact with our cluster.

Julie,

You are welcome at my meetings. I know it is a bit of a drive, but I live in West Salem so you can just take 99W and you won't have to cross the bridge. They are the 2nd Monday of the month. Let me know.

lockhartkitchen said:
Last week I found out that my director's director was leaving PC for another company. My director called me tonight, to let me know she was leaving PC too. I know it was a difficult decision for her. Our team will be splitting up to accomodate everyone's locations for hospitality. Outside of Pampered Chef, I don't have any close friends. I am happy to know my director is excited about her new endeavor and it will be a good choice for her family. I am very sad tonight. I do have one cluster mate that lives close to me, that I'm going to see if she wants to meet monthly together. I also have one active recruit, but she doesn't come to meetings. I appreciate the family of friends I have met on here. I wish we lived in closer proximity.

Sorry to hear that! Did they both leave for the same company?:eek:

2:30 a.m. on what day, Sheila? I am frequently up at that time but not if I'm working in the a.m. ... oh never mind!

I can so totally relate ... my director quit too and I moved up to my AD's first line. It was never the same after that. I went to meetings when I could but they are 18 miles away on a day I work! Most of my clustermates went to another director's meetings but the date didn't work for me and the other director lost her directorship. We were all saddned by it because if we could have picked another director it would have been her for sure! And my recruiter has not gone to a single meeting since then ... I update her because I'm more up on technology and being single with no kids, I am free to travel.

Thank you Jenn. I will let you know. Right now I'm in shock. I'm still just taking it all in. Yes, they both left for the same company.

I have several PC cheffers as friends on my Facebook, which I just started a few weeks ago. I'm still trying to figure the whole site out. Uggh, I meant to send a message to my cheffer friends and guess what? I just posted to ALL. I didn't mention the other company name, out of respect for my director. On CC here it's easy to post. I'm anonymous. I just posted to friends that I'm sad that my director is leaving and "I have a pit in my stomach. I don't have any close friends. They all live far away." Uggh. Well, those that know me, know I'm sensitive,but still....

Julie, I'm so sorry. :( When I did PC before, my recruiter (the only person I knew in my cluster) decided to quit, and I was bummed. Hopefully you will find a new hospitality team that you can get close with - and before you know it, you'll have a larger team of your own to have meetings with! In the meantime, we're here for you!

Btw, I've accidentally posted stuff on my FB - I always hate when I do that. But you can delete it I believe...

you can delete your facebook post if you go to your own profile view, not the one that automatically come up, then hover over the post and on the right hand side it will offer if you want to delete.
Sorry that your Directors are quitting, mine moved far away and our cluster seems to be falling apart.
Mara

So sorry to hear that. I have never been to my own cluster meeting because they live a 6 hour drive away. My hospitality group broke apart and it was uncomfortable for awhile but eventually, I started my own meetings (the closest director was a 2 hour drive through an active snow belt and with working full time, it just did not fit).

I promoted within a year or so and now we have a great meeting. They are fun and when others leave the area, they are sad to leave us.

Look forward...it is scary, I know. There is the saying, when one door closes, another one opens...it is just that wait in the hallway that stinks!

Ditto. Sorry, Julie! My director moved out of country so I was absorbed by her upline--some bumps along the way, but slowly working it all out. Keep up with your business! You'll make director before long and it is going to be so worth it! Use this for your cluster for a short time and you'll find another one. Do hospitality until you have your own cluster, you can join up with a friend director and do it that way.

My director moved away and had me do the meetings since there was no one local (her director was in another state). I was a FD (now wold be TL) at the time. It gave me that extra incentive to promote - "If I'm going to do the job I'm going to be paid for it." Then, without even telling me anything (I heard from someone else who lived out of state) she gave up her directorship. Nice.

My current director is awesome but she lives in TX and I'm in NC. There is no hospitality available to me - I've tried several times - unless I want to drive about 2 miles. I miss going to meetings but my director does do phone meetings with us directors and she's there whenever we need her. Pampered Chef provides meeting ideas and she helps fine tune them so my team gets what they need (I hope).

Definitely get into hospitality! It will be just what you need. I have consultants who live in TX (but nowhere near my upline) in my downline and they attend a hospitality cluster. It really helps them a lot! It's sad to lose the friend you had in your director (but is she really leaving your friendship or just the team meetings?) but you now have the opportunity to grow and find new friends and people to inspire you.

Ours are the 2nd Monday of the month at 7:30 PM my time. 5:30 AM ESTI'm actually doing a Step Up Class right now. One of the participants is getting up at 5AM her time (Oklahoma) to call in & participate at our 8PM! :D

Julie, I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. I know several gals in OR, although I'm not sure where they live. I can find out, and put you in touch with them. I can either email you, or suggest you to each other as friends on FB.

Thanks Noora. I'd be interested in seeing where in Oregon they live.

Aaawwww, Julie. That is so sad. I'm sorry. BeckyD is one of my favorite friends, and if I hadn't met her on here, I'd be lost in PC. We don't live really close, but we live close enough that we get together sometimes. If one of us were to ever be done with PC, we'd still be great friends. I'd be sad if we weren't, for sure. I hope you find a new meeting to attend and build new relationships.

JAE said:
Aaawwww, Julie. That is so sad. I'm sorry. BeckyD is one of my favorite friends, and if I hadn't met her on here, I'd be lost in PC. We don't live really close, but we live close enough that we get together sometimes. If one of us were to ever be done with PC, we'd still be great friends. I'd be sad if we weren't, for sure. I hope you find a new meeting to attend and build new relationships.

Umm, I'm not leaving....so don't you be thinking that way either.

But you're right. We would be great friends even without PC - but I'm thankful that PC brought us together! :love:

ChefBeckyD said:
Umm, I'm not leaving....so don't you be thinking that way either.

But you're right. We would be great friends even without PC - but I'm thankful that PC brought us together! :love:

I'm just sayin'......

I'm better today after having a day to absorb all this. I have had overwhelming response from many of you and friends I never knew. It's wonderful! I started Pampered Chef, not to make money, but to socialize with adults and have fun. I work as a teacher full-time and wanted to have adult conversations outside of my husband.My ex-director, never asked me about the business. She assumed since I taught, and made good money, I wouldn't be interested. We joked about it years later. It's important to ask everyone! We never know what someone may be looking for.The friendship is something I have never experienced in my day job. I "work" with people, but my day-job doesn't require connecting with people. We lead lives outside of the school. Over the years, with a child diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, and the drought in our economy for my husband's business, I found I needed the extra income. Thank you Robert (my ex-director's husband) for asking!

Okay, I have a plan now. I am going to join a hospitality director for my own training. (which is a drive for me- I've had several invites from directors) My recruits, however, have not been attending cluster meetings for some time, because of the distance we've had to travel. A local consultant and I both have the same predicament with out of state upper directors. We're going to have our own training here at her house in town. I called my recruits, and they are very excited about this. I know that if they attend training, they will see a growth in their business, as well as I will from their activity. Though this is a new endeavor, I feel confident. The other consultant and I are both teachers, and planning activities is our thing!

lockhartkitchen said:
Okay, I have a plan now. I am going to join a hospitality director for my own training. (which is a drive for me- I've had several invites from directors) My recruits, however, have not been attending cluster meetings for some time, because of the distance we've had to travel. A local consultant and I both have the same predicament with out of state upper directors. We're going to have our own training here at her house in town. I called my recruits, and they are very excited about this.

I know that if they attend training, they will see a growth in their business, as well as I will from their activity. Though this is a new endeavor, I feel confident. The other consultant and I are both teachers, and planning activities is our thing!

That sounds like a great idea!! And if you get them excited, you'll become a director yourself in no time! (I've always figured if I got to that point with a team, I'd do the same- go to meetings for my OWN edification/motivation and training, and then bring it back to my own cluster).

Good luck

Thanks Bobbi! I'm looking forward to it. I'm contacting my director to get the training materials.

You can do it Julie I have been doing my own meetings for a while now with my team and I am able to view the meeting planner that directors can on CC I am so glad that pampered chef has let team leaders see it so I don't have to ask for it from my director so I have my meeting the 2nd saturday of each month due to most of my people are either working durning the week with full time jobs and i have some on a different time zone so we set it at a time that makes it easy for them to attend. Let me know how it goes for it and if you got any questions give me a call anytime :) I am glad you will be doing your meetings :) I am not to the point where I am doing my own recognition for my own cluster I am currently 1 person away from promoting to director so I am getting excited and hoping :) Good Luck and have fun with it.

Thank you Christina.

1. What is the reason for my directors leaving me?

The decision for a director to leave a company is often personal and can vary from individual to individual. It could be due to a change in career path, personal circumstances, or a better opportunity elsewhere.

2. How will this affect my business with Pampered Chef?

While it may be an adjustment to have new directors, rest assured that Pampered Chef is committed to supporting our consultants and providing the same high-quality products and services. Our new directors will bring fresh perspectives and ideas to help your business grow.

3. Will I still have access to the same resources and training?

Yes, our resources and training will remain available to all consultants. We are constantly updating and improving our resources to ensure your success with Pampered Chef.

4. Can I still contact my old directors for support?

While your old directors may no longer be with Pampered Chef, we have a dedicated team of support staff who are ready to assist you with any questions or concerns. You can also reach out to your new directors for support and guidance.

5. Will there be any changes to the compensation plan or incentives?

No, there will be no changes to the compensation plan or incentives. Our goal is to ensure that our consultants continue to be rewarded for their hard work and dedication to their businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views