• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can you successfully fundraise for your church's kitchen?

In summary, Annabel put together a fundraiser for her church's kitchen, which was poorly stocked. She encouraged people to collect outside orders, and gave away free product value in addition to hosting a cooking show. She netted over $1000 in sales, and $1150 in commissionable sales. This was a great way for her church to get help stocking the kitchen without spending a lot of money.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
In January I had an idea to do a fundraiser for my (very small) Church's kitchen, which was poorly stocked. I've been meaning to post some info here on what I did, and finally yesterday I wrote an email to someone my director knew who wanted info, so I'm going to go ahead and post the email and files here in case they can help someone else. January, was a great month to do this because of the extra free product value for the host special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, I put together some info for the Church leadership to look over, and see if they were interested. I will attach the letter I gave them (it was pretty informal because I know them all very well, and I was pretty short on time). They thought it was a great idea! We are not a very wealthy church, so I wanted to make sure no-one felt obliged to make a purchase that they could not afford.

As well as hosting a Saturday morning cooking show at the Church, I encouraged people to collect out-side orders, and had a wish-list for anyone who wished to purchase anything for the Church kitchen. I also gave 20% of my commission, so that they could get more out of it, and have money to spend on either more PC items, (or they could go get other non-PC things that they wanted/needed, like crock-pots, a toaster oven, coffee maker etc).

As a church member, I was able to announce the “Church Kitchen Fundraiser” during a service, and then I set up a table on 2 Sundays after the service, where people could pick up info on how the whole fundraiser would work, invites to the actual “show” that I did that they could give to friends, catalogs, order forms (I used that months OOF from CC because it includes the guest special right on it), and a piece of paper they could give to friends when they collected outside orders that explained what we were doing, and how to place an order on-line if they would like to.

For the Saturday morning show, I brought almost every thing I own(!) and had tables set out on nice table cloths to showcase different “collections”, such as cookware, baking items, bamboo, serving/entertaining items. I had made a double batch of Truffle Brownie Cups ahead of time (LOVE that recipe) but let people use the Easy Accent Decorator to put on their own ganache, and choose a garnish (cherries and sliced almonds). I had the Greek Cheese Torta prepared but not assembled, to show how easy it is to put together and serve (I served it with triscuits, so good, and a great alternative to baking the baguette slices if no oven is available). Then we made the Clubhouse Chicken Squares as an interactive recipe (I had pre-baked the crust), which everyone LOVED! I couldn’t believe how much everyone raved about it! Oh, I also had coffee and OJ in the large quick stir pitcher.

I did a drawing for a trifle bowl (I had a spare one I earned from the in-the-bag promotion), and had a few other small drawing prizes too. I also had copies of all of the recipes that I had made, and recipe cards too for them to choose from to take home.

We ended up with over $1000 in guest sales, and about $1150 in commissionable sales (some people gave money to buy things from the wish list, so I used that money to buy things “as the host” to get the host’s 30% discount) so they got $315 in free product value and $230 cash from me (some was used on buying the host special, and 4 50% items, and a few other items they wanted). For our small church I was thrilled with the results!

I think a big thing that made it successful, is because it is a small church, no-one assumed that anyone else would go out and collect orders, so everyone did a great job with that. Also, people were really excited about the fundraiser, as it was a great way to stock the kitchen without spending a lot of money.

I am going to attach the various flyers/info sheets I made for you to look over.

I hope this info is helpful, let me know if you have any questions,

Annabel

Attachments

• About the fundraiser.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 940
  • LHC Fundraiser Flyer Invite.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 903
  • Slips to give when showing catalog.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 658
  • Proposal for a Pampered Chef Fundraiser to benefit the Living Hope Church Kitchen.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 757
Looks great, thanks for the information.

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks so much for sharing. I've spoken to the Pastor at my church, but needed something in writing to show him. This will help so much! My church is small and modest too and the kitchen does need help! = )

This was so helpful. Thanks so much. I am going to try this for the fall when school goes back in session as my church and school go hand in hand.

Thank you for sharing!!! Awesome proposal and forms to adapt!

Thanks for the info. What exactly did the church get. Our large church just built a second kitchen that needs to be stocked. Mostly, they need industrial stuff so I was thinking they could get spoons, scrapers and whisks. Then, use the money to buy something bigger.

Here is the list of what we got. We don't use the kitchen too much for cooking (yet! - we have no stove or big oven!), so we focused on serving items, and things for minor food preparation, such as knives, cutting boards, mixing bowls etc.

1/2 price Scraper Collection
HP62 Self-Honing Knives Collection
1064 Color Coated Tomato Knife
1069 Color Coated Bread Knife
1001 Bar Board
2225 Measure-All® Cup
1166 Slice 'N Serve®
2758 Smooth-Edge Can Opener
2171 Tool Turn-About
2325 Nylon Tool Sets - Basic -2
2792 Collapsible Serving Bowl -
2276 Family-Size Quick-Stir® Pitcher - 3
1930 Medium Squares Plates (Set of 2) - 2
2829 Outdoor Serving Set -2
2730 Ice Cream Dipper - 2
2475 Stainless Whisk
2046 Bamboo Tongs
1953 Three Tiered Stand
GQ50 Small Bamboo Spoon Set
2692 Barbecue Turner
2691 BBQ Tongs
2626 Large Serving Spatula 3 8.00 2 16.00
2622 Mini-Serving Spatula - 2
2230 Classic Batter Bowl

thanks! I've been thinking about approaching my church for a fund raiser. I needed some ideas!

Wow, that is wonderful!!! I'm SO happy for your church.

What is a "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser"?

A "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser" is a unique event where members of a church community come together to raise money for their church by hosting a Pampered Chef party in the church's kitchen.

How does a "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser" work?

During the fundraiser, guests will have the opportunity to shop for Pampered Chef products while also enjoying food and drinks prepared by the church's community members. A portion of the sales from the party will then be donated to the church.

Do I have to be a member of the church to host a "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser"?

No, anyone can host a "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser" as long as they have access to the church's kitchen and are willing to coordinate with the church's community members to prepare food and drinks for the event.

What types of Pampered Chef products are available for purchase at a "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser"?

Guests can shop for a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware from Pampered Chef's extensive product line. They can also purchase pantry items and cookbooks to help support their cooking endeavors.

How can I get started with hosting a "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser"?

If you are interested in hosting a "My Church Kitchen Fundraiser", you can contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to get started. They will guide you through the planning process and provide you with all the necessary materials to make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies