• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal My Calendars and Gift Certificates Worked!!

In summary, one person bought recipe calendars for their family and past hosts at a discounted rate. They sent reminders to hosts whose discount was expiring and offered a gift certificate for hosting a party. They had four bookings from nine recipients, earning $25 commission and potential for discounts on conference registration. The gift certificate offered a discount for hosting a party and did not have a show minimum. The sender also used similar gift certificates for church fundraisers. They mailed out the gift certificates in November along with recipe calendars.
lt1jane
Gold Member
Last fall I bought the recipe calendars. Everyone in my family received one as a Christmas gift and I sent one to all of my past hosts. (My two year anniversary was last August.) [NOTE: my cluster did a bulk order of calendars so we all were able to enjoy the cheapest rate, we just had to order by 5's and make sure we had an even 100 for ordering purposes.]

For all of my hosts whose 10% discount was expiring in 2011, I put a return address label (80 labels to a page) on the date that their discount expires saying "PC 10% discount expires TODAY, time for another show?" For my hosts that had let their discount expire, I sent them a gift certificate (good only through me) for $25 if they would host a catalog or kitchen show by March 31st. I sent these to nine people. I have had parties for two of them, one person will have a party at a later date (she's my best friend from college and her husband is currently battling cancer, I'm willing to extend the expiration on the GC due to the circumstances.). I just got a call today from a fourth person booking a party for the 18th!!

I figure four out of nine bookings to jumpstart my year is pretty good! I will definitely do this again next year. My plan is to go back two years. All the people who received reminders on their calendar will receive the gift certificate this year if they have not had another party. All hosts from this year will receive reminders on their calendars.

Yes, it costs me $25 in commission, but my neighbor whose party was last week so far has commissionable sales of $520+. (She's working to get it to $650. We WILL close it this weekend.) That $25 was the deciding factor for her as to whether to wait or book a party now. Worked for me. I have three parties booked from my neighbor's show too!! I will be earning a discount on my Conference registration at this rate!! :)

Last edited:
awesome idea! do you have a copy of the gift certificate you sent & the wording? i'd love to borrow (aka steal) this idea!

Why, yes, I do. (I've borrowed/stolen so much from this site it's only fair to return the favor when I can.)

Attachments

• Past Host Loyalty.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 618
lt1jane said:
Why, yes, I do. (I've borrowed/stolen so much from this site it's only fair to return the favor when I can.)

Gift Cert looks good. I am confused tho...it says the host must host and close by March 31st, 2011 but has an exp. date of March 31, 2012.

Wow, that's a great idea! Happy it worked out so well for you. I think I'll be implementing this. Thanks so much for sharing!

Every time I need to give a gift certificate, I use that one and re-word it.

I often give $15* gift certificates for church bazaars and fundraisers. (*upgradeable to $25 if they host a party) I had to recreate that certificate to post it last night. I missed the expiration date year. The ones that went out expired in 2011.

I sent them out in November, so they had PLENTY of time to schedule and redeem them.

What a great idea! I've still got some open dates in March that I need to fill! I want FREE Conference!

Do you have any sort of show minimum's on these?

This is such a wonderful idea. I am going to use this as well. Thank you for sharing

I do not have a show minimum. Of the two I held, one was $200, the other is $650. I am not upset about the $200 one because I was inactive in January and this was a late February show that we submitted in February. It prevented me from losing my career sales which was more important to me. The other show is still open for a few more days, she has to decide what all she wants to get. She has $115 in free products, 2-½ price items, 2-60% off items and $25 from me. She has some "money" to spend!!

Personally, while I do like the paycheck of the big parties, I LOVE the benefits the hosts get and I get excited FOR them! That's what makes it worth it for me.

I love this, thanks. When did you mail out these gift certificates? I'm wondering if I mailed these out, what I should put the exipration date as?

thanks so much!! i'm going to be using these as well!!! great ideas!!!

I mailed them out in November with the 2011 Recipe Calendars. You could certainly send a GC out at any time with a mini catalog. My GCs were only good for 4 months. This idea could be done any time you have a need for bookings

How do I redeem my gift certificate?

To redeem your gift certificate, simply enter the unique code provided on the certificate at checkout. The discount will be applied to your total purchase.

Can I use my gift certificate on multiple purchases?

Yes, as long as there is a remaining balance on your gift certificate, you can use it on multiple purchases until the full amount has been redeemed.

Do gift certificates expire?

The expiration date of gift certificates may vary. Please refer to the terms and conditions listed on your specific gift certificate for its expiration date.

How do I add events to my calendar?

To add events to your calendar, simply click on the date you want to add an event to and fill out the event details. You can also import events from other calendars or subscribe to external calendars.

Do I need to create an account to use the calendar and redeem my gift certificate?

No, you do not need to create an account to use the calendar or redeem your gift certificate. However, creating an account allows you to save events and access your gift certificate code for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Get_Pampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Get_Pampered
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ElizabethPurvis