• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Toddler Obsessed with Cooking Shows?

In summary, the conversation revolved around children's interest in cooking and Pampered Chef products. The participants shared stories of their own children's fascination with cooking and their love for the "Spring Into Success" DVD and Food Network. They also discussed ways to involve their children in Pampered Chef and the importance of teaching them how to cook. One person shared their regret of not learning how to bake bread from their grandmother, who made perfect bread without a recipe.
DebbieJ
He is watching our "Spring Into Success" DVD right now and enjoying it. :confused: He especially loves the recipe demos.

He also LOVES Food Network.

God help me.

He has to wait another 15 years...sorry.Although, you could get him involved in your recruiting and bookings by teaching him what to say to checkers and his friends parents and anyone else you come across!

Hey - my daughter watched it with me and LOVED it...she's 5...I think she paid attention better than me!

The next day she was walking around the house saying, "Mom, I used to just say chef, now I say "Pampered Chef""...

DebbieJ said:
My 3 year old is loony
Too young to recruit but you could let him log in here.

He'll fit right into this looney bin.

Hey KG - one more post to 2900 and only 100 to 3000...

cmdtrgd said:
He has to wait another 15 years...sorry.

Although, you could get him involved in your recruiting and bookings by teaching him what to say to checkers and his friends parents and anyone else you come across!

I did buy a youth t shirt from VIP before they were gone. Maybe I'll try shrinking it to fit him. :)

DebbieJ said:
I did buy a youth t shirt from VIP before they were gone. Maybe I'll try shrinking it to fit him. :)

My daughter LOVES her T-shirts from there - got her 3 for $3 each. She wears the bigger one as a night shirt...

janetupnorth said:
Hey KG - one more post to 2900 and only 100 to 3000...
Ummm...you know what we're calling people who count posts, don't you?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ummm...you know what we're calling people who count posts, don't you?

Ignored???? :rolleyes:

DebbieJ said:
He is watching our "Spring Into Success" DVD right now and enjoying it. :confused: He especially loves the recipe demos.

God help me.

My daughter is 6 and sometimes I think she knows more about PC than me! Every night she asks to be my "Pampered Chef helper" (just to simply cook supper). She does all my stamping for me. lol I even had her put in all my "julienne not available stickers"! WOOHOO for me! The best part is that she can give you the correct name for EVERY product in my kitchen! It's incredible! She will be my successor!

janetupnorth said:
Ignored???? :rolleyes:

It's a naughty word. Mommy might wash my mouth out with soap. I don't want to die of . . . . . soap poisoning.

My 3 year oldI have a son who I started when he was three to teach him how to cook.He is now going to college next year to be a chef.
Your son could be the next Bobby Flay.:)

My 2 1/2 yr old LOVES my PC dvd's! But he loves the Food Network too....but when I turn it on he always asks if we are watching "pamper sef".....his favorite is Alton Brown! I was opening a box of samples from PC a couple days ago, and he said "Did Pamper Sef give you more stuff, mommy?"
He loves to "sperment" in the kitchen with Mommy, and I let him hold the hand mixer, and stir w/ the scrapers, and pour measured ingredients into the bowl. I'll often give him something of his own to cut w/ his "first cutter", or let him "wash dishes" while I'm cooking.....I want him to be totally comfortable in the kitchen. My DH has no idea how to cook, and never even tries, but I grew up in a family where everyone learned to cook, and my brothers are both excellent cooks....and I want that for my son too!

Becky, when we lived way out in the country (Jennison) we had Banty chickens and I used to fry my own eggs. Of course, it takes a heap of Banty eggs to make a breakfast, but I was always in the kitchen with Mom, too_One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't spend more time with Grandma, in her kitchen, learning to bake bread. She learned from her mother, who learned from her mother, who learn...well, you get the idea. There was no measuring. She just dumped handfuls of flour on to her countertop and began to mix the ingredients by hand. Little dry - add a handful of water. Now it's too damp, add a half a handful of flour - that's how she did it until her dough was perfect. Grandma's bread was soft and chewy with a crust you could rap on. Wonderful stuff - her whole wheat was terrific, too.Both Mom and my aunt tried to write down a recipe, to no avail, because her dough was a snowflake, never the same as the time before. But her bread came out the same every single time, and it was perfect.The Culver family bread recipe died with her in 1971. She was buried by a funeral director named John Bradley, but that is another story for another time.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Becky, when we lived way out in the country (Jennison) we had Banty chickens and I used to fry my own eggs. Of course, it takes a heap of Banty eggs to make a breakfast, but I was always in the kitchen with Mom, too.

One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't spend more time with Grandma, in her kitchen, learning to bake bread. She learned from her mother, who learned from her mother, who learn...well, you get the idea. There was no measuring. She just dumped handfuls of flour on to her countertop and began to mix the ingredients by hand. Little dry - add a handful of water. Now it's too damp, add a half a handful of flour - that's how she did it until her dough was perfect.

Grandma's bread was soft and chewy with a crust you could rap on. Wonderful stuff - her whole wheat was terrific, too.

Both Mom and my aunt tried to write down a recipe, to no avail, because her dough was a snowflake, never the same as the time before. But her bread came out the same every single time, and it was perfect.

The Culver family bread recipe died with her in 1971.

She was buried by a funeral director named John Bradley, but that is another story for another time.

KG, I come from a long line of "cooking by feel" cooks - we were "eyeballing" ingredients long before anyone ever heard of Rachel Ray!....
I have the same regret though about not watching my Grandma closer when she made bread.....she did have a "recipe" but it was obviously just a springboard for her, because no one has been able to recreate the magic that was her bread.
As a child, we had a pet banty rooster who used to follow us kids around like a dog. His name was Pretty Boy. One of his favorite things to do was to tease Duke, the hunting hound, by flying up close to him, and then flying away when Duke would jerk at the end of his chain......One day, Pretty Boy wasn't as fast as usual, and when we went out to do chores, all that was left were some pretty feathers in Duke's dog house!:eek:

We had a rooster like that, too, and he thought he ran the yard. He'd torment the dog, a rabbit we had in a hutch (to this day, I have no idea why we kept a rabbit) and he was quite entertaining. A hawk got him, along with several of the hens. A younger rooster grew up to take his place, and The Old Man rebuilt the chicken yard with stronger wire structure over the top of it, so the hawk couldn't get in, but the rooster could no longer get out, either.

DebbieJ said:

God help me.

My 2 year old son loves cooking. He recognizes who Paula Deen and Rachel Ray is on magazine and on tv. It is funny! All I can say is if he continue to love to cook he will make some girl a good husband one day.

I will start to worry when he wants to use make-up!! ha!!

1. How can I get my 3 year old to listen and follow instructions?

One effective strategy is to give clear and simple instructions, with a calm and firm tone. It can also be helpful to offer choices and positive reinforcement when your child follows through with a task.

2. Why does my 3 year old have tantrums and how can I handle them?

Tantrums are a normal part of development as children learn to regulate their emotions. It's important to stay calm and acknowledge your child's feelings, while setting clear boundaries and redirecting their behavior. Consistency is key in managing tantrums.

3. How much screen time is appropriate for a 3 year old?

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends limiting screen time for 3 year olds to 1 hour per day of high-quality, educational programming. It's important to also prioritize other activities such as outdoor play, reading, and imaginative play.

4. My 3 year old is a picky eater, what can I do?

It's common for young children to be picky eaters, but it's important to continue offering a variety of healthy foods. Involve your child in meal planning and preparation, and offer choices within a healthy range. It may also be helpful to introduce new foods in a fun and creative way.

5. Is it normal for a 3 year old to have trouble with sharing?

Sharing can be a challenging concept for young children to grasp, as they are still learning about ownership and boundaries. It's important to model and encourage sharing, while also respecting your child's possessions. With time and practice, most 3 year olds will develop better sharing skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • melindag