• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Party Disaster: Pecan Salad & Flying Apple Tart!

lost it. I started laughing so hard and threw the lettuce all over her! She was so amused and we had a great time. Great sales! Not far from your $1250 qualifying!! Now call everyone and thank them for coming to your show. Ask them if they would like to do a show or if they can refer anyone to you. If you make it about them eventually you'll get those referrals and bookings.Your next party will be even better!!!!!
chefjessicah
I did my first party by myself today. It was for my mom & her friends, so I did a lot more than I probably should have. Anyway, I made the pecan crusted mozzarella salad and the apple tart. Everything turned out great until I was cutting the apple tart with my pizza cutter. We had the cooling rack setting on a table that was just wide enough to hold it, so as I was cutting, the legs of the rack slipped off the edge and my apple tart went flying everywhere!! :cry: I was so embarrassed! My mom made a joke about it and everything went well without it. Just wanted to share my first party disaster!!

Congratulations. Well, now you are past that and you've got a story to tell! Did you get any bookings? Leads? How were the sales? I also want to say that the hardest parties are when we do them for family. You survived!

No bookings or leads and sold right at $800. It was still fun once I got over my embarrassment! Also thankful the stone didn't break. I don't know how it didn't since it fell about 3 feet on a ceramic tile floor!

My first show was a cookie party and I was showing off the Cookie Press....well after 6 different batches of dough I called my Director in a panic as I couldn't get the Press to work :( I found out it had to be JUST RIGHT, and after 8 batches finally got one that worked! Good thing it was a freind of mine.....and what 4...wait....5 years ago :) But YEP, I was TOTALLY EMBARASSED!!!!!

Congratulations on a great first show! Don't worry about a little mishap. Whenever I drop something, I always mumble loudly "well, that's why I don't sell crystal." Humor always helps :D

chefjessicah said:
No bookings or leads and sold right at $800. It was still fun once I got over my embarrassment! Also thankful the stone didn't break. I don't know how it didn't since it fell about 3 feet on a ceramic tile floor!

Great sales! Not far from your $1250 qualifying!! Now call everyone and thank them for coming to your show. Ask them if they would like to do a show or if they can refer anyone to you. If you make it about them eventually you'll get those referrals and bookings.

Congrats! You're off to a fab start! Beth made some excellent suggestions! Much success!

And the other saying ... we're Pampered Chefs, not Perfect Chefs. ;)Congrats on great sales! Don't sweat the mishaps, they happen. (((hugs)))

Congratulations! One of these days you'll enjoy sharing your this-happened-to-me story.

Welcome aboard, and congratulations. I find the audience never minds my mistakes--it may even make them feel sorry for me and buy more. I got so excited showing some products to the guests once while I had some chocolate melting in the microwave (which I think I set for 1 hour vs. 1 minute)--they stopped me and asked about all the smoke behind me. It showed that the prep cup was fine after I had chocolate chips burned to a hard mass inside it!We've all had our share of mishaps--it is something, indeed, to share and laugh about.Good luck with your business. When you call each person, you may want to say, "I was a bit embarrassed with the mishap at the show, and forgot to ask if I could put you down to have your own show--and I promise not to drop the dessert, or if you have a friend who might help me out by having one of my first shows. Getting a few bookings will really help my new business."

PamperedchefDaly said:
Congratulations on a great first show! Don't worry about a little mishap. Whenever I drop something, I always mumble loudly "well, that's why I don't sell crystal." Humor always helps :D

That is HILARIOUS!!! I hope I never have to use it, but if I do, I soooo will! Thanks for the support everybody.:)

big hug sweetie!!!! pick yourself up....your party did great! congrats on the $800!
at least you didn't have a wedding cake you were setting up fall over onto the table! yes....that happened to me a couple of weeks ago....i was able to save it but sooooooooooooo embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your next party will be even better!!!!!
~carla

I throw food on someone at least once every show, I make a joke about it and get lots of laughs... usually people think I do it on purpose. My funniest was a show for my sister, I was using the Salad and Berry spinner with lettuce in it and just kept pushing the handle and pushing the handle...well my timer went off for my chicken and I took my "holding" hand off of the lid and it flew off and lettuce flew all over two of my aunts that had been sitting there chatting. I told them that now that I got their attention they could help prepare the rest of the meal. Everyone laughed til they cried. Including my two aunts. It turned out to be a $700 show and there were only 5 buying people. Don't sweat the small stuff, just tell em like I do, "It's the Pampered Chef, not the Perfect Chef - cause if it were the Perfect Chef, it would have MY picture on it". lol.
Congrats on your first show - I hope you have a long and rewarding career with PC.
God Bless

1. What is the "My First Party Disaster" recipe?

The "My First Party Disaster" recipe is a combination of a Pecan Salad and a Flying Apple Tart, both made with Pampered Chef products. It is a delicious and impressive dish that is perfect for parties or gatherings.

2. Can I use any Pampered Chef products for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any Pampered Chef products for this recipe. However, we recommend using the Pampered Chef Salad Chopper and the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer for best results.

3. How long does it take to make the "My First Party Disaster"?

The total prep and cook time for this recipe is approximately 30 minutes. However, it may take longer if you are not familiar with using Pampered Chef products.

4. Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients in the recipe. For example, you can use different types of nuts for the Pecan Salad or different types of apples for the Flying Apple Tart. However, we recommend sticking to the original recipe for best results.

5. What if my "My First Party Disaster" doesn't turn out as expected?

If your "My First Party Disaster" does not turn out as expected, don't worry! Pampered Chef offers a satisfaction guarantee, so you can contact your consultant for assistance or a replacement. We also have a variety of resources, such as recipe videos and tips, to help you successfully make the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoffour
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefloriray
  • HockeyLover
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dawn4
  • Jenni