• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My 13 yo is amazing!

Jul 24, 2009
My 13 year old daughter, Ashley, entered an essay contest at her middle school last month on the subject of when is the best time to honor our military. It was a school wide contest and they announced the winner at an assembly today. She won! And the prize was a check for $500!!!!! :eek:
She is now entered into the state wide contest and if she wins that, the prize is an all expense paid trip for her and a parent to Washington D.C. That would be so awesome! We are from the D.C. area, but haven't been able to go home in over 6 years and we definately miss family!

Gina M

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2006
That is great Leslie! How proud you must be:) Good luck with the state wide contest - hope she wins it all!

smspamperedchef

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 24, 2007
Very cool! Congrats!!!

susanr613

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2007
Thank you for sharing this with us - congratulations to your daughter and best of luck in the state-wide contest!

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Congratulations, Ashley!! Leslie, be sure to let us know when you come to the DC area. Maybe some Cheffers can have a get-together to help you celebrate!!

wcsis

Sep 25, 2009
Congratulations to your daughter, I know how proud you must be, I have a 14 yr old daughter. My son is in the Army and preparing for a tour of duty in Afghanistan, departing just after the holidays. I would love to read your daughters essay if it's available for public viewing.

Jul 24, 2009
Congratulations to your daughter, I know how proud you must be, I have a 14 yr old daughter. My son is in the Army and preparing for a tour of duty in Afghanistan, departing just after the holidays. I would love to read your daughters essay if it's available for public viewing.

As soon as school starts up again I will post it (her copy is at school) :)

Thank you all for your kind words!

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
action-smiley-033.gif
woohoo2.gif
action-smiley-033.gif

Congratulations to your Daughter! That's pretty cool! I'm a military wife and would
txtloves.gif
to read her essay after the holidays too!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Congratulations to your daughter! That's a wonderful accomplishment. You have every right to be proud.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies
Views