1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: My 13 yo is amazing!

1. leslieprichett

leslieprichett Member

My 13 year old daughter, Ashley, entered an essay contest at her middle school last month on the subject of when is the best time to honor our military. It was a school wide contest and they announced the winner at an assembly today. She won! And the prize was a check for $500!!!!! :eek:
    She is now entered into the state wide contest and if she wins that, the prize is an all expense paid trip for her and a parent to Washington D.C. That would be so awesome! We are from the D.C. area, but haven't been able to go home in over 6 years and we definately miss family!

2. Gina M

Gina M Veteran Member Gold Member

That is great Leslie! How proud you must be:) Good luck with the state wide contest - hope she wins it all!

Dec 17, 2009
  3. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

Very cool! Congrats!!!

4. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

Thank you for sharing this with us - congratulations to your daughter and best of luck in the state-wide contest!

Dec 18, 2009
  5. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Congratulations, Ashley!! Leslie, be sure to let us know when you come to the DC area. Maybe some Cheffers can have a get-together to help you celebrate!!

Dec 18, 2009
  6. wcsis

wcsis Member

Congratulations to your daughter, I know how proud you must be, I have a 14 yr old daughter. My son is in the Army and preparing for a tour of duty in Afghanistan, departing just after the holidays. I would love to read your daughters essay if it's available for public viewing.

Dec 20, 2009
  7. leslieprichett

leslieprichett Member

As soon as school starts up again I will post it (her copy is at school) :)

Thank you all for your kind words!

8. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Congratulations to your Daughter! That's pretty cool! I'm a military wife and would [​IMG] to read her essay after the holidays too!

Dec 21, 2009
  9. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Congratulations to your daughter! That's a wonderful accomplishment. You have every right to be proud.

Dec 21, 2009
Have something to add?