• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My 13 Year Old Daughter a Contest Winning Essayist?

In summary, Leslie's 13-year-old daughter, Ashley, won an essay contest at her middle school on the subject of when is the best time to honor our military. She has now entered the state-wide contest with a chance to win an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C. Leslie is extremely proud of her daughter and hopes she wins the state-wide contest. Other members of the forum also congratulate Ashley and express interest in reading her essay. Leslie plans to share the essay after the holidays.
leslieprichett
My 13 year old daughter, Ashley, entered an essay contest at her middle school last month on the subject of when is the best time to honor our military. It was a school wide contest and they announced the winner at an assembly today. She won! And the prize was a check for $500!!!!! :eek:
She is now entered into the state wide contest and if she wins that, the prize is an all expense paid trip for her and a parent to Washington D.C. That would be so awesome! We are from the D.C. area, but haven't been able to go home in over 6 years and we definately miss family!

That is great Leslie! How proud you must be:) Good luck with the state wide contest - hope she wins it all!

Very cool! Congrats!!!

Thank you for sharing this with us - congratulations to your daughter and best of luck in the state-wide contest!

Congratulations, Ashley!! Leslie, be sure to let us know when you come to the DC area. Maybe some Cheffers can have a get-together to help you celebrate!!

Congratulations to your daughter, I know how proud you must be, I have a 14 yr old daughter. My son is in the Army and preparing for a tour of duty in Afghanistan, departing just after the holidays. I would love to read your daughters essay if it's available for public viewing.

wcsis said:
Congratulations to your daughter, I know how proud you must be, I have a 14 yr old daughter. My son is in the Army and preparing for a tour of duty in Afghanistan, departing just after the holidays. I would love to read your daughters essay if it's available for public viewing.

As soon as school starts up again I will post it (her copy is at school) :)

Thank you all for your kind words!

action-smiley-033.gif
woohoo2.gif
action-smiley-033.gif
Congratulations to your Daughter! That's pretty cool! I'm a military wife and would
txtloves.gif
to read her essay after the holidays too!

Congratulations to your daughter! That's a wonderful accomplishment. You have every right to be proud.

What is "My 13 Yo Is Amazing!"?

"My 13 Yo Is Amazing!" is a cookbook specifically designed for teenagers to learn how to cook and create delicious meals.

What age group is this cookbook intended for?

This cookbook is intended for teenagers who are 13 years old.

Are the recipes in this cookbook easy for a 13-year-old to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "My 13 Yo Is Amazing!" are specifically designed and tested for 13-year-olds to easily follow and make on their own.

Are there any safety tips for young chefs in this cookbook?

Yes, this cookbook includes safety tips and guidelines for cooking in the kitchen. It also encourages adult supervision when using sharp objects or cooking with heat.

Can this cookbook help my 13-year-old develop a love for cooking?

Absolutely! "My 13 Yo Is Amazing!" not only provides delicious and easy recipes, but it also includes fun cooking activities and helpful tips to inspire a love for cooking in teenagers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • PCMomto4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • Teresa Lynn