• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can My Hispanic Recruit Join Without a Tax ID Number?

Their website is www.irs.gov. Their customer service number is 800-829-1040.Thanks!The IRS website provides information on obtaining an ITIN. It is available only to resident aliens who do not have a social security number. She needs a US social security number before she can apply for an ITIN.Even if she has a work permit, she may not have the proper identification to apply for an ITIN. Grace Calderon from PC's Hispanic Market department could help her get the ID she needs.
bbstephan
Hi! My recruit that is hispanic only has an ID card, but said she doesn't think she can join because of tax purposes. PC wants to open the hispanic market- how are they handling this? I can't seem to find out this information...Help, please! Thanks!

Becky Stephan

I could be wrong but I thought you tax id was you social security #. I wuld email customer sevrice at the main pc website they will get you all the correct info. But you would think if she can get a job at walmart she can sell pc.

Is she a US citizen?

An ID vs. a Driver's License has no bearing on PC status.

She needs a US social security number.

Thanks!Thanks! My recruit is from Mexico and doesn't have an ITIN number yet and won't for a while. She's sad! PC wants to break into the hispanic market but many of them can't be consultants because of this!

Becky Stephan

I would call the HO for guidance. Ask to speak to Grace Calderon (I think that's her name). She is the woman in charge of the Hispanic Market stuff.

Maybe she could help?

My Director has had experience in this area and she has informed me that PC will accept either SSN# or a "tax ID#". Either one will do.

NeitherMy recruit has neither SSN or Tax ID. She is trying to get a Tax ID...

Becky Stephan

Tax IDI believe all she has to do to get a Tax ID is to go to a Notary Public and apply for it.

Let us know what happens.

Irs Website
My recruit is from Mexico and doesn't have an ITIN number yet and won't for a while.

Only the IRS can assign a tax ID #. If she can't get an ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number used for resident aliens) than there is more than likely a problem with her status in the US. Legal status in the US is not a factor in obtaining this number, but I'm thinking that she may not have a work permit or the proper ID's to obtain it or may be hesitant as to how this would affect her residency.

I would check IRS-ITIN for the info you're looking for.

1. What is a Tax ID and why is it important for recruiting?

A Tax ID, also known as an Employer Identification Number (EIN), is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to identify businesses for tax purposes. It is important for recruiting as it is required for various tax and employment-related purposes, such as filing taxes, opening a business bank account, and hiring employees.

2. Do all businesses need to have a Tax ID for recruiting?

Yes, all businesses are required to have a Tax ID for recruiting. This includes both for-profit and non-profit organizations, as well as sole proprietors, partnerships, and corporations.

3. How do I obtain a Tax ID for my business?

You can obtain a Tax ID by applying for one online through the IRS website or by completing and submitting Form SS-4 by mail or fax. You will need to provide information about your business, such as its legal name, business structure, and purpose, in order to receive a Tax ID.

4. Can I use my personal Social Security Number instead of a Tax ID for recruiting?

No, it is not recommended to use your personal Social Security Number (SSN) for recruiting. This can put your personal information at risk and may also cause issues with taxes and employment verification. It is important to obtain a separate Tax ID for your business.

5. What happens if I do not have a Tax ID for my business?

If you do not have a Tax ID for your business, you may face penalties and fines from the IRS. Additionally, you may not be able to hire employees or open a business bank account without a Tax ID. It is important to obtain one as soon as possible for legal and tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefgirlrd
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • msmileyface