1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Must Recruit have a tax id?

1. Hi! My recruit that is hispanic only has an ID card, but said she doesn't think she can join because of tax purposes. PC wants to open the hispanic market- how are they handling this? I can't seem to find out this information...Help, please! Thanks!

Becky Stephan

Jan 6, 2006
  2. bbauman07

bbauman07 Veteran Member Gold Member

I could be wrong but I thought you tax id was you social security #. I wuld email customer sevrice at the main pc website they will get you all the correct info. But you would think if she can get a job at walmart she can sell pc.

Jan 12, 2006
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Is she a US citizen?

An ID vs. a Driver's License has no bearing on PC status.

She needs a US social security number.

Jan 12, 2006
  4. Thanks!

Thanks! My recruit is from Mexico and doesn't have an ITIN number yet and won't for a while. She's sad! PC wants to break into the hispanic market but many of them can't be consultants because of this!

Becky Stephan

Jan 12, 2006
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I would call the HO for guidance. Ask to speak to Grace Calderon (I think that's her name). She is the woman in charge of the Hispanic Market stuff.

Maybe she could help?

Jan 12, 2006
  6. micocina

micocina Member Gold Member

My Director has had experience in this area and she has informed me that PC will accept either SSN# or a "tax ID#". Either one will do.

Jan 13, 2006
  7. Neither

My recruit has neither SSN or Tax ID. She is trying to get a Tax ID...

Becky Stephan

Jan 13, 2006
  8. micocina

micocina Member Gold Member

Tax ID

I believe all she has to do to get a Tax ID is to go to a Notary Public and apply for it.

Let us know what happens.

Jan 13, 2006
  9. Irs Website

Only the IRS can assign a tax ID #. If she can't get an ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number used for resident aliens) than there is more than likely a problem with her status in the US. Legal status in the US is not a factor in obtaining this number, but I'm thinking that she may not have a work permit or the proper ID's to obtain it or may be hesitant as to how this would affect her residency.

I would check IRS-ITIN for the info you're looking for.

Jan 14, 2006
Have something to add?