• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some must-have items for a successful cooking show?

In summary, the must haves for a cooking show include the deep-covered baker, utility knife, chopper, 12" skillet, prep bowls, TTA with gadgets, Santuko knives, food chopper, mix & chop, small bowls & caddy, couple of pcs of stoneware, and pantry items. Additionally, the DCB, SS Bowl Set, easy read measuring cups, mix n chop, and cutting board with measuring cups are essential. Cookbooks are also beneficial.
mandy412
To all the seasoned consultants out there, I'm wondering what you consider your must have things to take to a cooking show. I know the DCB is probably on that list but what else makes a big impact? Thanks!

T-4 to my first cooking show!

I take my DCB, my utility knife, chopper, 12" skillet, prep bowls, TTA w/ gadgets. Those are must haves for me.

santuko knives, food chopper, mix & chop, small bowls & caddy, couple of pcs of stoneware, and pantry items

Besides what's been mentioned, I would say the salad spinner if the recipie TRULY calls for it ... and the cutting board with measuring cups for sure!

I always try to take the next month or two specials if I have them and one of each of the top items stoneware piece skillet dcb etc..

I know I'm going to feel like a dope when you all answer this..but..what is DCB? Thanks, in advance!

suzieQpc said:
I know I'm going to feel like a dope when you all answer this..but..what is DCB? Thanks, in advance!

Don't feel like a dope! It's the deep covered baker. I'm new too so I'm learning everyone's acronyms!

I would look at the recipes you really want to do, and make a list of what you don't have to do those.

For me, I always take the SS Bowl Set (much lighter than the batter bowls) the easy read measuring cups (full set) because just about anything I need melted in the micro I can do in one of those, the mix n chop, the DCB, and my TTA packed full. Also, the 5" Santuko, and the Large grooved cutting board. Cookbooks are good to have, I sell a lot of those because I always pass them around.
Personally, I don't even own a cutting board w/ measuring cups. I don't sell them either - if something happens to one of the cups, and it's out of warranty, then the customer is out of luck, because those aren't on replacement parts. I've had that happen 3 times in the past couple of months.

Salad Choppers, Tool Turn About (to hold your goodies), Mix N Chop, Simple Additions Large Round Platter to start....

then follow with (in no particular order)...micro cooker, smooth edge can opener, chef's tongs, trifle bowl, 5 in santoku...large bamboo platter, large grooved cutting board...

Try and collect at least one additional item from each group (outdoor, simple additions,bamboo, cookware, entertaining, stoneware, etc.)

Yes, I'm a junkie but these are all useful for your shows and great for guests to see and touch

1. What are the top "Must Haves" for every kitchen?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often get asked this question. In my experience, the top "Must Haves" for every kitchen are: a good set of knives, a versatile cutting board, a high-quality cookware set, a blender or food processor, and a baking sheet.

2. Are there any "Must Haves" that can make meal prep easier and faster?

Absolutely! One of the biggest time-savers in the kitchen is a good quality food chopper. It can quickly chop vegetables, fruits, nuts, and even meats without the hassle of using a knife. Another must-have for quick meal prep is a multi-purpose kitchen shears that can cut, trim, and open packages.

3. I'm on a budget, what are the essential "Must Haves" that won't break the bank?

There are many affordable "Must Haves" that every kitchen needs. Some of these budget-friendly essentials include a set of measuring cups and spoons, a wooden spoon, a silicone spatula, a can opener, and a vegetable peeler. These tools are versatile and can be used for a wide range of recipes.

4. Is there a "Must Have" for baking that can also be used for cooking?

Absolutely! A versatile baking stone can be used for both baking and cooking. It helps distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked food. You can use it to bake bread, pizza, and even roast vegetables or meats.

5. Can you recommend a "Must Have" for making healthy meals?

A spiralizer is a fantastic tool for creating healthy meals. It can turn vegetables like zucchini, carrots, and sweet potatoes into noodles, making it easier to incorporate more veggies into your diet. It's also great for making salads, stir-fries, and even desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kailyon
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kailyon
  • robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies