• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a PC Murder Mystery Show: Tips and Ideas

In summary, a "Theme Show" is a show that is themed around a certain subject. This could be anything from cooking to murder.
chefmeg
Gold Member
Does anyone have any ideas how we could pull off doing a PC murder mystery show???

Maybe I could help if I knew how a regular Murder Mystery party went. Have you attended one of these before?

oooo ooooo ooooo
I got it!Instead of a murder mystery - how about a recipe mystery? You give out clues during your demonstration, like ingredients or tools, and the guests have to figure out what recipe you could make when you combine them all together. Or maybe they have to figure out which critical ingredient or tool is missing (the dead body).When they think they know how to solve the mystery, they write their answer down and it goes in a bowl for a drawing later. Correct answers win a prize.

Last edited:
I went to a murder mystery dinner theater at the Delta King on the Sacramento River. They had plants that "died" during dinner and they interviewed people as suspects. At the end, we all got to vote to see who we think did it and they drew a winner out of all the correct answers.

Here's a possible plot...

For the recipe, we make a cake or something. With each step of the recipe, the plot plays out. The victim is accused of stealing the top secret recipe so the owner of the recipe becomes a suspect. She enters it into a baking contest and won, so one of the begrudged losing contestants becomes a suspect. Her sister is upset with her for not using the family recipe, and she becomes a suspect....etc.

How does that sound?

There used to be several files on murder mystery - have you checked? They sounded like fun. I think I saved some, let me check.

This is what I saved from the files. These are probably 2 years old and I never used them so I don't know how much out of date they are. They sounded like a lot of fun - I may have to read through them again.

There are a lot of files and I don't know how much of it goes together - they could be from a couple different sources so you'll have to check them.

Attachments

• Murder Mystery.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 746
  • Murder Mystery Invite.doc
    43 KB · Views: 501
  • Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef.doc
    22 KB · Views: 532
  • Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef Clues.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 434
  • Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef Clues 2.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 415
More MM files:

Attachments

• Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef guests.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef Clues 6.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 375
  • Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef Clues 5.doc
    31 KB · Views: 348
  • Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef Clues 4.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 391
  • Murder Mystery_Pam Perchef Clues 3.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 474
Thanks new Director Linda! I am so going to have to try this type of show!

I am still fairly new to PC and really new to this site. I just wanted to say thank you for the great idea!! I am really having a struggle getting bookings right now. I am definantly trying this out!!

HELP!!! Host wants a "Who Dunnit?" partyWhat do I cook? What do I do? Help!! Not quite sure how to get this one going!! Need all the help that I can. Please PCers Help me!!

I think that this would be a great show to combine with the mystery host show and do as my fall kickoff show!

I went to a Fall Kick off and someone said something about a Mystery Phone Host. I was wondering if anyone had a flyer on that.

Thanks.

rbvernon said:
I went to a Fall Kick off and someone said something about a Mystery Phone Host. I was wondering if anyone had a flyer on that.

Thanks.

a "mystery host show" is an entirely different type of show.
You find 10 guests to collect $100 (min) in orders.
From that you have a $1000 show.
Draw for the host benefits.
You can give all host benefits to one participant or split them up (1- FPV, 1 - 1/2 priced items, 1 - host special, 1 - 30% off)

HTH!

Re: HELP!!! Host wants a "Who Dunnit?" party
pameredchef007 said:
What do I cook? What do I do? Help!! Not quite sure how to get this one going!! Need all the help that I can. Please PCers Help me!!

I was planning to take those files Linda was nice enough to post, and turn them into a Death by Chocolate show. I haven't had any takers on it yet, though, so haven't worked on a script. I had figured I would do it like those How to Host a Murder games that were so popular awhile back, where each guest plays a part and reads lines that give clues about the murder. You need to do some good host coaching, though, to be sure you get a good guest list if you are going to do it that way. HTH.

:chef:HELP!!! Host wants a "Who Dunnit?" party

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I cook? What do I do? Help!! Not quite sure how to get this one going!! Need all the help that I can. Please PCers Help me!! My sister saw this "Theme Show" on this website and just went crazy as wanting this to be done at her show., She brings in big bucks for me with her outside orders as well as her attendance is really high, therefore, I would like to have some kind of outline to do this Murder Mystery Show. I tend to have difficulty "thinking outside the box", Ha Ha!! Seriously, I am not creative at all. I have to "Borrow" other peoples ideas . Any help at all will help me!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!1

I did a search in the files with the key word "murder"...found a few tidbits there! HTH!

Attached is the script for the Jimmy Buffet inspired murder mystery party that I did and the invitation... The alibis for each "suspect" are listed at the end of the script...There are 2 alibis that could possibly play out to be the murderer...one of them is about a host only having to pay $4.25 shipping (host really get free shipping) & also says that you can use soap on the stoneware...Hello!!! Obvious killer!!! Another says something about peeling the garlic before using the garlic press & while you don't have to peel the garlic, that isn't an absolute rule...I used the Touchdown taco dip recipe and the mini-cheeseburger recipe & we made grapefruit-juicy-fruit margaritas...you could substitute the Deluxe Cheeseburger (In Paradise) Salad for the burgers.

This show had 100% participation & people were talking about it for days to come! Can't wait to do another one...I've got a guest that booked for December 2nd & we're tweaking it to fit a Santa-theme!!!

Attachments

• Z-g.doc
    472.5 KB · Views: 394
  • z-Margaritaville Murder Mystery Show.doc
    57 KB · Views: 512
Great docs!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Love the Death by Chocolate idea - Does anyone have the script for it?

Tracergurl77 said:
Attached is the script for the Jimmy Buffet inspired murder mystery party that I did and the invitation... The alibis for each "suspect" are listed at the end of the script...There are 2 alibis that could possibly play out to be the murderer...one of them is about a host only having to pay $4.25 shipping (host really get free shipping) & also says that you can use soap on the stoneware...Hello!!! Obvious killer!!! Another says something about peeling the garlic before using the garlic press & while you don't have to peel the garlic, that isn't an absolute rule...I used the Touchdown taco dip recipe and the mini-cheeseburger recipe & we made grapefruit-juicy-fruit margaritas...you could substitute the Deluxe Cheeseburger (In Paradise) Salad for the burgers.

This show had 100% participation & people were talking about it for days to come! Can't wait to do another one...I've got a guest that booked for December 2nd & we're tweaking it to fit a Santa-theme!!!
Can you repost files? I tried but it shows nothing. Thanks!

-Terry

What is a "Murder Mystery Show"?

A "Murder Mystery Show" is a type of interactive theater experience where guests participate in solving a fictional murder case. It typically involves a group of actors playing out a scripted plot while the audience tries to piece together clues and solve the mystery.

How long does a "Murder Mystery Show" typically last?

The duration of a "Murder Mystery Show" can vary, but on average it lasts between 2-3 hours. This includes time for the performance, interactive activities, and a meal if it is included in the event.

Do guests have to dress up for a "Murder Mystery Show"?

While dressing up is not required, it can add to the overall fun and experience of the event. Some shows may have a specific theme or dress code, so it's important to check with the event organizer beforehand.

Can guests participate in the show or do they just watch?

One of the main highlights of a "Murder Mystery Show" is the opportunity for guests to participate in solving the mystery. This can involve interacting with the actors, gathering clues, and making guesses as to who the murderer may be.

Is a "Murder Mystery Show" appropriate for all ages?

It depends on the specific show and its content. Some "Murder Mystery Shows" may have mature themes and language, so it's important to check with the event organizer to see if the show is suitable for all ages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • pchefjsmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchefjsmith
Replies