• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Multi-Grater and Slicer Help Needed.

In summary, some users have experienced difficulties with the multi-grater and slicer when trying to grate cheese. A few tips for avoiding these issues include using room temperature cheese, using a light touch when grating, ensuring the blade is securely attached, and grating smaller amounts at a time. If problems persist, further assistance is available.
jjaastef
I just tried the multi-grater and slicer for the first time. I used the course grater to try to shred cheese. The cheese just gummed up and got stuck in the shoot. I also had a very hard time getting the blade back off. Does anyone have any tips?

What cheese did you use? I haven't tried cheese in mine yet, but I know that some cheeses are very difficult to grate unless they've been in the freezer for about 20 minutes.

I have not had any issues with cheese, but doing a show last night, the blade got stuck, and even this morning I cannot remove the blade. I was unable to continue using the product during the show and was a bit embarrassed. Any tips on how to remove the stuck blade?

I tried the darn thing again, this time freezing the cheese for 20 before trying. Same thing. It mashes more than it shreds, doesn't stay stuck to the counter, and my blade got stuck again. I thought I was going to break it while trying to get it back out. I think this one is just a dud.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you had some trouble using the multi-grater and slicer. It can definitely take some practice to get the hang of using it. Here are a few tips that might help:1. Make sure the cheese is at room temperature before grating. Cold cheese can be harder to grate and can get stuck in the chute.2. Use a light touch when grating. Pressing too hard can cause the cheese to get stuck in the chute.3. Make sure the blade is securely attached before using. If it's loose, it can cause issues with grating.4. Try grating smaller amounts of cheese at a time. This can help prevent it from getting stuck in the chute.I hope these tips help! If you continue to have trouble, please don't hesitate to reach out to me for further assistance. Happy cooking!

1. What is the difference between a multi-grater and a slicer?

The main difference between a multi-grater and a slicer is the cutting blade. A multi-grater has sharp holes or blades that are used for grating and shredding, while a slicer has a straight blade that is used for slicing fruits and vegetables into thin, even pieces.

2. Are multi-graters and slicers dishwasher safe?

Yes, most multi-graters and slicers are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the product manual or packaging for specific cleaning instructions.

3. What types of food can be used with a multi-grater and slicer?

A multi-grater and slicer can be used for a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, cheese, chocolate, and nuts. It can also be used for grating and slicing hard or soft ingredients.

4. How do I clean the blades of a multi-grater and slicer?

To clean the blades, simply use a brush or scrubber to remove any food particles. You can also soak the blades in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before rinsing and drying them thoroughly.

5. Can a multi-grater and slicer be used for cutting meat?

No, it is not recommended to use a multi-grater and slicer for cutting meat. The blades are not designed to handle the toughness of meat and may become damaged or dull.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dymplz8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KateD
  • pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Loreen