• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Mp3 Player That Went Through Washer/Dryer

In summary, it is possible for a Mp3 player to survive going through the washer and dryer, but it is not guaranteed. If your Mp3 player does go through the washer and dryer, it is important to remove it and let it air dry completely before attempting to use it again. Most warranties do not cover accidental damage, so it is unlikely that your warranty will cover the damage. To prevent this from happening, always check your pockets before doing laundry and consider investing in a waterproof case. It is important to let the Mp3 player dry completely before using it again, and if it does not work, contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement options.
Trish in Texas
Gold Member
Not sure where to post this. Is there any way to save a MP3 player that accidentally went through washer and dryer? We've taken it apart to let it air-dry but don't know if that will work.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

i had a neighbor once say her son's went through the washer, and they just put the whole ipod into a bowl of rice and left it for a couple days. the rice pulled the moisture out and it works find. but hers didn't go through the dryer. my brother had this happen (go through both washer and dryer) and he tried the rice and it didn't work...i'm thinking because it went through the dryer. he ended up getting a new one for christmas from santa

Arbonne InternationalUnfortunately, there is a high chance that the MP3 player will not be salvageable after going through the washer and dryer. Water damage can cause irreversible damage to electronic devices. However, you can try leaving the device to air-dry completely for a few days before attempting to turn it on. If it still does not work, you may need to consider purchasing a new MP3 player.

1. Can a Mp3 player survive going through the washer and dryer?

It is possible for a Mp3 player to survive going through the washer and dryer, but it is not guaranteed. The heat and water can damage the internal components, so it is important to take it out as soon as possible and try to dry it off before attempting to use it again.

2. What should I do if my Mp3 player goes through the washer and dryer?

If your Mp3 player accidentally goes through the washer and dryer, the first thing you should do is remove it and let it air dry completely. Do not try to turn it on or charge it until it is completely dry. You can also try placing it in a bag of uncooked rice to help absorb any remaining moisture.

3. Will my warranty cover a Mp3 player that went through the washer and dryer?

Most warranties do not cover accidental damage, so it is unlikely that your warranty will cover a Mp3 player that went through the washer and dryer. However, it is always best to check with the manufacturer or your warranty provider to see if they offer any coverage for accidental damage.

4. How can I prevent my Mp3 player from going through the washer and dryer?

To prevent your Mp3 player from accidentally going through the washer and dryer, it is important to always double check your pockets and remove any electronics before doing laundry. You can also invest in a waterproof case or sleeve to protect your Mp3 player from water damage.

5. Should I still use my Mp3 player after it went through the washer and dryer?

If your Mp3 player has gone through the washer and dryer, it is important to let it dry completely before attempting to use it again. Even if it seems to be working, there may still be moisture inside that can cause damage. If it does not work after drying, it is best to contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • baychef