• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking to Connect with Cheffers in Hutto, TX?

In summary, the conversation includes a discussion about moving to Hutto, TX and joining a hospitality group for meetings. There is also a list of tips for newcomers to Texas, including saving bacon grease, driving in snow and ice, and understanding Texan phrases and customs. The conversation also touches on the popularity of BBQ and football in Texas. The participants also mention their past experiences living in different cities in Texas.
littlemaisyPC
Gold Member
We're actually moving to Hutto, Tx a suburb of Austin. I would love to meet other cheffers who live there. Maybe even join a hospitality group for meetings.

Howdy!!!!!
I'm a bit north of there (outside of Temple), and my cluster mtgs are all the way up in Waco, but they are in the home of a Senior Executive Director, so they are great if you ever want to go up there.
I'm sure there are lots of people closer to you, but am excited for you. That Area north of Austin is so nice, one of my best friends lives there. I'm sure you will enjoy it. WELCOME TO TEXAS!!!!!

I was about to post this in the Mispronunciation thread, but somehow, it seemed more appropriate to put it in here. Enjoy!

Advice for Newcomers to Texas
(or for those who need to understand Texans better)
1. Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later how to use it.
2. Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean we can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.
3. If you do run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four-wheel drive with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.
4. Don't be surprised to find movie rentals & bait in the same store.
5. Remember: "Y'all" is singular or plural. "All y'all" is plural. "All y'all's" is plural possessive.
6. Get used to hearing, "You ain't from around here, are you?"
7. Do not yell at any person driving 15 mph in a 55 mph zone in the middle of the road; remember many folks here learned to drive on a model of vehicle known as John Deere, and this is the proper speed and lane position for that vehicle.
8. If you hear a redneck exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!".....get out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say.
9. Get used to the phrase "It's not the heat, it's the humidity". And the companion phrases "You call this hot? Wait'll August."
10. If you do think it's too hot, don't worry. It'll cool down in December.
11. There are no delis. Don't ask
12. In conversation, never put your hand on a man's shoulder when making a point, especially in a bar.
13. Chili does NOT have beans in it.
14. Brisket is not 'cooked' in an oven.
15. Don't tell us how you did it up there. Nobody cares.
16. We do TOO have 4 Seasons: December, January, February, and Summer!
17. A Mercedes Benz is NOT a status symbol; a Ford F-150 is (or for some an F-350).
18. If someone tells you "Don't worry, those peppers aren't hot" you can be certain they are.
19. If you fail to heed the warning in #18 above, be sure to have a bowl of guacamole handy. Water won't do it.
20. Rocky Mountain oysters are NOT oysters. Don't ask.
21. If someone says they're "fixin" to do something, that doesn't mean anything's broken.
22. Don't even think of ordering a strawberry daiquiri. What you really mean to say is 'margarita.'
23. If you don't understand our passion for college and high school football just keep your mouth shut.
24. The value of a parking space is not determined by the distance to the door, but rather the availability of shade.
25. If you see a slower moving vehicle pull on to the shoulder to let others pass, that is called "courtesy". It's the way we drive.
26. BBQ is a food group. It does NOT mean grilling burgers and hotdogs outdoors.
27. No matter what you've seen on TV, line dancing is not a popular weekend pastime.
28. "Tea" = Iced Tea. There is no other kind.
29. Everything goes better with Ranch dressing.

That's so funny TKG! Some of that is actually true! LOL!

This is very very funny and correct most of it is true!!! We use to live in Cibolo, Tx., Katy, Tx., Fort Worth, Tx., Corpus Christi, Tx. and San Antonio, Tx. Sure miss the food!!!! And the hospitality of ya'll!

Haha! Thanks for the tips KG. I'm also a Texas girl born and raised. The army planted us in Tn. but now we're out and heading back the Tx. Funny how so many are true.

So there's no one on this site from Austin. I guess I'm going to have to call HO for hospitality.

Leslie, I would love to go to one of those meetings once in awhile. I'm sure being a Sen. Exec she must be very motivating. Can I have your email or are you on FB, so we can keep in touch. Thanks!

Hi Venus!

Welcome back. KG's post made me laugh out loud....sadly, some of them were true...he he.

I'm in San Antonio and would welcome you to our group. We're still small and our meetings are still developing. Not sure if you'd like to drive an hour, but feel free to email me: [email protected].

im in burnet tx...about an hour northwest of austin and looking for fellow pc consultants to befriend!

I am in Austin... well, technically in Pflugerville. I would love to meet a fellow PC consultant. I just became a consultant in Oct and my upline is not local so I don't know anyone here. Let me know if you want to meet sometime!
teresa

1. What is the job market like in Austin?

The job market in Austin is currently thriving, with a low unemployment rate and a strong economy. Many major companies have offices in Austin, including tech giants like Dell and Apple. There are also plenty of opportunities in the service and hospitality industries.

2. How is the cost of living in Austin compared to other cities?

The cost of living in Austin is slightly higher than the national average, but it is still more affordable than other major cities like San Francisco or New York. Housing prices have been steadily increasing in recent years, but there are still affordable options available.

3. What are some popular neighborhoods to live in Austin?

Some popular neighborhoods in Austin include downtown, South Congress, and East Austin. Each neighborhood has its own unique charm and atmosphere, so it's important to do some research and find the best fit for your lifestyle and needs.

4. How is the transportation system in Austin?

The transportation system in Austin primarily consists of buses and the metro rail. While it may not be as extensive as other major cities, it is constantly expanding and improving. Many residents also use ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft.

5. Are there any outdoor activities in Austin?

Austin is known for its beautiful outdoor spaces and mild weather, making it a great city for outdoor activities. There are numerous hiking and biking trails, parks, and outdoor events throughout the year. The nearby Hill Country also offers opportunities for camping, swimming, and other outdoor adventures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chezshelly
  • Ksiera
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez
  • General Chat
Replies