• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Portland: Any Neighborhood Recommendations?

In summary, John suggests that they think about moving to the Portland area, and offers helpful advice on relocation. Tristen is looking into opportunities to book shows in the Portland area, and is also considering connecting with other entrepreneurs in the area.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
Hey Cheffers,

My husband and I have finally decided that we are going to take the chance and move! Ack! There's so much to think about, I've been Californians our whole lives, we've lived in Redding as long as we've been married, we've had kids, I've started my PC business, etc.

Any of you familiar with the Portland area have recommendations for neighborhoods to consider/avoid? I've already heard of issues in the Gresham area.

Anyone a part of a group they'd recommend for hospitality cluster meetings - yes, I'll check in HO too. :)
Also looking into booth opportunities if anyone in the area would like to split the time/cost of some.
Any other recommendations for moving my business? I really need it to strong right away and I've never moved it before. :/ We plan to move in June so at my upcoming shows I plan to offer incentives for those that can get me a booking in the Portland area. TIA

Very much luck in your new adventure Tristen! I would contact the Chamber of Commerce of course for flea market info and anything else they can let you in on. Then, I love that you will be asking for referrals! First thing you do when you get settled - Open house in your new neighborhood. You could also take it one step further. After you find your new place, contact at least one of the new neighbors. Introduce yourself and ask them right away if they would like to have a party. Or for referrals.

There are good and bad parts all over the Metro Area. While I do not live in Gresham, there are some beautiful neighborhoods there. We lived in SE Portland and moved 2 years ago to Tualatin. You are welcome to contact me privately concerning team meetings and the feel of the city.

Thanks, John, great advice! And, Wendy, it will be so nice to have a connection in the area! :D

Hi there!Congratulations on your decision to move! I can imagine there is a lot to think about and plan for. I'm not personally familiar with the Portland area, but I have a few suggestions that may help with your move and your business.First of all, I would recommend reaching out to your upline or other PC consultants in the Portland area for their insights and recommendations. They may have valuable information about neighborhoods, groups, and booth opportunities that you can take advantage of.In terms of finding a hospitality cluster, I would suggest checking out the "Find a Cluster" section on the PC website. This will allow you to search for existing clusters in the Portland area and potentially join one that fits your needs.As for moving your business, I would recommend starting by updating your address and contact information with PC and your customers. You can also reach out to your existing customers and offer them incentives for referring new customers in the Portland area. This can help you establish a strong customer base right away.I hope these suggestions help and I wish you all the best with your move and your business in Portland! Keep us updated on how everything goes.Best,

1. What is the cost of living like in Portland?

The cost of living in Portland is slightly higher than the national average. Rent prices are especially high, but there are also affordable options available. It's important to budget carefully and research different neighborhoods to find the best fit for your budget.

2. What is the job market like in Portland?

The job market in Portland is competitive, with a strong focus on technology and healthcare industries. Unemployment rates are currently low, but it may take some time and effort to find the right job opportunity. Networking and utilizing job search websites can help in the job search process.

3. What is the weather like in Portland?

The weather in Portland is generally mild with cool, wet winters and warm, dry summers. It does rain frequently, but it rarely snows. The city is known for its greenery and lush landscapes, which is due to the mild and rainy climate.

4. Is public transportation easily accessible in Portland?

Yes, Portland has a well-developed public transportation system that includes buses, light rail, and streetcars. Many residents rely on public transportation and it is a convenient and cost-effective way to get around the city.

5. What are some popular neighborhoods to live in Portland?

Some popular neighborhoods in Portland include the Pearl District, Hawthorne, Alberta, and Mississippi. Each neighborhood has its own unique vibe and amenities, so it's important to research and visit different areas to find the best fit for your lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MHouting
  • General Chat
Replies