• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Korea for a Year....

In summary, you will need to contact HO and update your address with them, so they know where to send the newsletter, etc. CC will need to be contacted to update your file with your new address.
smarteez2
Gold Member
I already have my new address which of course is an APO address, is there anything else besides updating my address in PP3 that I need to do with C reference moving my business? Any help would be appreciated.

Don't have any answers for you, but you'll be in my prayers. Best wishes!

You'll need to contact HO and update your address with them, so they know where to send the newsletter, etc.

Once you get your phone number there, contact CC and ask they update your file (the current address format we use on-line doesn't support entering overseas phone numbers).

If you haven't operated your business overseas before, just be aware of the APO restrictions. We can't use the APO to operate a business, therefore: No mailing out of catalogs or host packets. Neither you nor your hosts can mail invitations thru the APO. Also, the show orders cannot go to the host...each guest pays for direct shipping. (Violating this can put both your hosts' and your APO privileges at risk.)

It sounds restrictive, but you quickly get used to it. You should have a great business over there. PM me where you are going, I may have a potential host for you.
kris

Thanks for all the info!!You guys are great!! I will be going to Osan AB for a year then heading back here to SC. I am not excited but that is the military and I love it so I will make the best of it. :eek:)

I thought the Korean govt wont let us sell Pampered Chef there... they want you to buy local only. i have a friend who was going to sell and according to the army she was not allowed to as per korean reg's......

PC consultants can sell to American citizens on base, but are not allowed to sell to citizens of the host country.

1. What are the visa requirements for moving to Korea for a year?

The visa requirements for moving to Korea for a year vary depending on your country of citizenship. Generally, you will need to obtain a long-term visa, such as a work or study visa, before you can enter Korea for an extended period of time. It is important to research the specific requirements for your country and apply for the appropriate visa before your trip.

2. What are some important cultural differences to be aware of when living in Korea?

Korean culture is significantly different from Western culture, so it is important to familiarize yourself with some customs and etiquette before moving to Korea. For example, bowing is a common form of greeting and showing respect, and it is important to remove your shoes before entering someone's home. It is also important to be aware of hierarchy and show respect to elders and those in positions of authority.

3. How much should I budget for living expenses in Korea?

The cost of living in Korea can vary depending on your location and lifestyle. Generally, living in a major city like Seoul will be more expensive than living in a smaller town. Rent, groceries, and transportation are some of the main expenses to consider. It is recommended to budget at least $1,500-$2,000 per month for living expenses in Korea.

4. Can I work while living in Korea for a year?

If you have a valid work visa, you are allowed to work in Korea during your stay. However, it is important to note that the job market in Korea can be competitive, and many positions may require fluency in Korean. It may be helpful to look for job opportunities before your move or to consider teaching English as a second language.

5. What are some recommended ways to immerse myself in Korean culture during my year abroad?

There are many ways to immerse yourself in Korean culture while living there for a year. Some suggestions include taking language classes, volunteering, participating in cultural activities and events, and joining local clubs or organizations. It can also be helpful to make local friends and engage in conversations with them to learn more about the culture and daily life in Korea.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • LOVEpamperedchef