• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you find customers when moving to a new place?

In summary, the expert suggests finding customers by joining groups, reading the local papers, and meeting people in person. She also suggests starting with small shows and building up from there.
andi330
Hi!
I may be moving soon to an area where I literally don't know anyone. I've never really gotten my business off the ground where I currently live, but I'm likely to have to work at a part-time job, so it's very important that I build the business up when I move. I'm sure that there are folks here who have moved and had to start their business over in a similar manner. How do you find customers when you don't know anyone? I can't afford the fees to most shows and I've tried flea markets with little success. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
where might you be moving to? One of us might be able to help get you on your feet! And my cousins are all over Columbia. :)

I honestly don't know yet. I have job applications in everywhere, all over the country. I just finished graduate school and I'm looking for my first professional job. It could be anywhere and since there are very few entry level jobs in my field, I may have to take something part-time.

well congrats on finishing grad school. OK- what field do you want to work in? Im a chemist by training with my professional experience in patent law- but I have sorority sisters who work in just about everything! Lemme know if I can help!

You are talkin' my language! I started this business in an area where I knew no one. There are all kinds of things to do to meet people! Just like you will need to make new friends, you will need to make new friends that will become hostessees, or hosts, as the case may be. I joined a business referrals group and made some friends that way. You can visit the Chamber of Commerce several times without joining, or just go to their mixers and network. Join, or start attending a church. Find a group that does something that you enjoy, i.e., a reading group can be found via the local library. Pick up the local paper and look through the 'what's happening around town' section. You may find that there are hiking groups, biking groups, folklore and music societies, volunteer service organizations, etc., etc. All of these places are great ways to make friends. Once you have friends, you have show hosts. I talk to perfect strangers about PC....all the time! I get their email info and am starting to send regular monthly emails. Go door to door and pass out mini's. I did this too...a great way to open conversations with your new neighbors..heck...take them some brownies! There are all kinds of ways to meet people and do this business. You don't have to be a well established resident. I'm living proof...not that I am anyone special, I'm just starting out, but I am doing it....and will continue to do it and grow! Got my first referral last night!

I'm hoping to move to Orlando, FL some time in the near future. I've applied for several jobs and am waiting to hear back.

I plan to move to Virginia in the next three years. I vacation there already every year and one of things I do while I am there is scope out fairs, bazaars, and other community activities so that I am ready when I get there. It is my retirement plan to retire from my full time job and be a PC consultant, but to also leave NJ... Once you now where you will be going start researching local newspapers, colleges events, and organizations in the area so you can get your name out there. Host an Come meet your new neighborhood Pampered Chef consultant open house passing flyers around to everyone and anyone...

I moved to Fl. (Space Coast) and re-started my PC biz here. Virtually all my hosts can be tracked to a referral who needed a chopper! In my conversation with her, I asked her if she'd like to do a show - her answer was yes and that was my first host other than my dear neighbor! I have an annual fund raiser which was the result of my offering to bring desserts to children's cancer event held every year - the event was advertised on the window of a thrift store! Keep your eyes open, read every flyer on windows, get the local parent magazine, join book clubs, quilt/art groups, rock climbing (oh wait you may be coming to Florida!) or whatever you're interested in and slowly but surely you'll build a business.

Hi !
I've had to move to a new place too, where the community is really close knit......so very difficult to get into thier circles. I too have tried everything suggested here...........they are all worth giving a good try to be sure. What I found works best is to do fairs/craft shows and bazaars in the area and small surrounding areas........but don't give up easily ! Sometimes up where I am, they need to see you about 3 times before they trust you enough to even purchase from you ! My goal is to where them down by them seeing me so often they just give in and book !
Best of Luck !

1. What are the best ways to find a new home in a new location?

There are several ways to find a new home in a new location. You can start by researching online through real estate websites or working with a local real estate agent. Another option is to drive or walk around the area and look for "For Sale" signs. Additionally, you can ask friends or family for recommendations or join local community groups on social media to get insider information on available homes.

2. How do I know if the new area is safe and suitable for my family?

It is important to research the crime rates and school ratings of the new area before moving. You can also visit the area in person and talk to local residents to get a feel for the community. It may also be helpful to consult with a real estate agent who is familiar with the area and can provide insights.

3. What is the best way to pack and transport my belongings to a new location?

When packing, make sure to label all boxes and use protective materials for fragile items. You can also consider hiring professional movers who have experience in long-distance moves. If you are transporting items yourself, make sure to secure them properly in the moving truck and take breaks if needed during the trip.

4. How can I make new friends and get involved in the community after moving?

One way to make new friends is by joining local clubs or groups based on your interests. You can also volunteer in the community or attend events and activities to meet new people. Additionally, reaching out to neighbors and introducing yourself can also lead to new friendships.

5. What should I do to prepare for the culture shock of moving to a new place?

It is normal to experience culture shock when moving to a new place. To prepare, research the local culture and customs beforehand. It may also be helpful to connect with others who have moved to the same area to share experiences and get advice. Give yourself time to adjust and be open-minded to new experiences and ways of living.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
linojackie
  • clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies