• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Tips for Moving Your Business: Insights from a New Texan on Short Notice

In summary, Ann is moving from her current home to her ex-hubby's house on Sunday and is asking for advice from those of you who have moved your business. She is also wearing logo gear and going out into the community to meet people and start networking. She is also praying that the move goes well and that she finds a new church and Bible study.
Ann F
Gold Member
Well, I'm moving for the 1st time in 24 years, and I found out today I'm moving SUNDAY. Any tips from those of you who have moved your business? I know there are CD's I can get, and I had planned to, thinking I had several weeks to plan. Thought I'd take a shortcut and ask you!

Thanks!
Ann the new Texan

I haven't moved myself, but have heard to have catalog shows going at your current location to help give you time in your new location.Good luck! I wish I had more advice.

Oh dear! I can't imagine moving in 4 days! I am moving from my apt to my DD & SIL's house but it is less than 5 miles away! Hope you are having a mover do it! I couldn't imagine trying that myself with such short notice! We have the rest of the month but we are shooting for the 15th!

Get out right away into your new community. Introduce yourself to neighbors, check with schools about fundraisers, wear PC gear every where and pamper local businesses.

Don't panic! I'm moving to a completely furnished (even has a TV and wireless internet access) efficiency apt until I can sell my house here.

Wear logo stuff everywhere in the new place. I moved my business cross country and not regretting it at all! Of course we didn't have a choice with the Navy! ha ha :) But I carried my catalog tote, posted on our Yahoo Group some specials I was running (free show) as my welcome to the neighborhood. Do an Open House ASAP to meet your neighbors.

Good luck!

Ann, start asking for referrals. The apt manager, the real estate agent, etc, etc. Are you moving to be near family?How ARE you?

I hope this move is a good one for you. I agree with what was already stated ask for referrals from the beginning, wear PC logo, and an open house type house warming greet your new neighbors sounds great.

I pray this is a wonderful move for you and helps you with all your problems.

Thank you, ladies, for your advice and well wishes. I'll be right between my kiddos--1 hr 58 min away from one and 2 hr 11 min from the other-- according to Mapquest. In fact, that's one way I made this decision!

It'll be a good change, a new chapter, and I'm very excited. I'm going to stay in a furnished efficiency apt til my house here sells (prayers, please!) and I have a contract on a house down there pending sale of this one.

Hopefully you'll be out of cell phone range of those pleasant people that keep calling you and bothering you (ex-hubby and his new gal)

Blessings on the move and sale of your home. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Hopefully you'll be out of cell phone range of those pleasant people that keep calling you and bothering you (ex-hubby and his new gal)
QUOTE]

That I should be so lucky!:rolleyes:

Ann...

I agree with all the tips. Ask everyone. Pamper businesses. Go into places and tell folks you are new in town and are starting your business over, "would you be interested in being one of my first hosts here in town?" Just keep your focus on looking for contacts and you will do great!

I will pray that the Lord blesses your move, your business, and YOU!! Prayers also that you find a wonderful bible study and church to get yourself involved with!! You can search for a BSF bible study in that area which may help you find some new friends/support!!

Good luck hon!

I had seen a Welcome to the Neighborhood flyer somewhere in here...anyone know where that went? I moved recently to a new area and want to put out some mini cats with a flyer saying welcome and that there is a Pampered Chef consultant in the neighborhood. Any ideas?

Ann I have never moved my biz, but love the ideas. The people you should talk to is MORFIA & LEGGY, they are pros. I also listened to a great download from cc from one of the conferences.

There is a "move" piece you can download & listen to under the training center. I have Morfia's cd & they say ask for leads from your current customers. It is possible that someone you have as a customer now has family or friends where you are moving & that can help you. Also, the pamper a business, wear logo wear, go to different hair salons for hair cuts (that would be hard for me), ask everyone you are in contact with in the new city (cable guy, realtor, etc), and they said to let people you meet know your new to the area & ask for referrals that way too.

It's over a month since her original post. Hopefully she's settled! :)

I didn't even notice that.....hope she is doing good. Thanks for pointing out Janet.

What are some expert tips for moving your business on short notice?

1. Start planning as soon as possible: When you know you have to move your business on short notice, it's important to start planning right away. This will give you enough time to make necessary arrangements and minimize any disruptions to your business operations.

2. Create a moving checklist: Make a list of all the tasks that need to be completed before, during, and after the move. This will help you stay organized and ensure that nothing important gets left behind.

3. Communicate with your employees: Keep your employees informed about the move and involve them in the planning process. This will help them feel included and reduce any potential stress or anxiety they may have about the move.

4. Hire professional movers: To ensure a smooth and efficient move, consider hiring professional movers who have experience with commercial moves. They will have the necessary equipment and expertise to handle your business items safely and efficiently.

5. Update your business address and contact information: Don't forget to update your business address and contact information on all your marketing materials, website, and online listings. This will ensure that your customers can still find and contact you after the move.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rebeccastt