• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moved to a New City and Need Ideas

In summary, my new partner did a "Welcome to the Neighborhood show." He lived in a neighborhood not too far from mine and meeting the people there has helped me branch out. He also sent letters to the area schools for fall/winter fundraisers and is doing a vendor fair in September. He has also thought about sending letters to the area fire houses to offer to do a fundraiser to get products for their kitchen or the cash for the fire house. He said he would give it 6 months and if things didn't pan out better for him, he was going to hang it up in December himself.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
:(Hi Everyone,
I moved to a new city in March. I still work in my old city and commute there 5 days a week(1hr and 15 minutes from home). I have to say I have been very relaxed in my business and need to find some motivation again. So I need some ideas to find a way to get some business here. I dont know anyone really and it seems that I need something to help or I might be giving up Pampered Chef. I have had to buy a couple of months to keep sales and last month I just let it go and went inactive. However I dont want to do that. So any ideas to help me. I love being a pampered chef consultant and not sure where to go. So I am asking you all. I need some help.

Have you done a "Welcome to the Neighborhood show?" A friend of mine did that for me when I moved. She lived in a neighborhood not too far from mine and meeting the people there has helped me branch out. I also sent letters to the area schools for fall/winter fundraisers and I am doing a vendor fair in September. I have also thought about sending letters to the area fire houses to offer to do a fundraiser to get products for their kitchen or the cash for the fire house. I even gave some flyers to a realtor I met in Kroger! I said I would give it 6 months and if things didn't pan out better for me, I was going to hang it up in December myself.

Get some of the DVDs on supply about moving your business - they are packed with great ideas from consultants who have successfully moved their businesses. Good luck!

Look for events where you can set up a booth. (craft fairs, festivals, etc.);

Wear Pampered Chef logo while you are out and about.

"Tailgate" at sporting events. Bring a prepared dish to share, catalogs and order forms.

Contact local churches, schools, daycares and business offices and offer a fundraiser to refresh their kitchen tools.

Plan a "Business of the Month" Stop-n-Shop. List businesses you patronize (e.g. bank, daycare, hair salon, doctor's office). Select one business each month to deliver a prepared recipe, catalogs and order forms. Stop by the next day to take orders and pick up the plate.

I am sure if you do a search, you can find more threads on relocating your business too.

Bren706 said:
Look for events where you can set up a booth. (craft fairs, festivals, etc.);

Wear Pampered Chef logo while you are out and about.

"Tailgate" at sporting events. Bring a prepared dish to share, catalogs and order forms.

Contact local churches, schools, daycares and business offices and offer a fundraiser to refresh their kitchen tools.

Plan a "Business of the Month" Stop-n-Shop. List businesses you patronize (e.g. bank, daycare, hair salon, doctor's office). Select one business each month to deliver a prepared recipe, catalogs and order forms. Stop by the next day to take orders and pick up the plate.

I am sure if you do a search, you can find more threads on relocating your business too.
I think that some of this is great. I have been thinking of sending out an flyer to schools and churches. I love the refresh your kitchen idea. Is there a flyer or something like that on here? I'd love to do that. It might get me up and going for sure by doing that. It is hard when you have a full time job to do the Business of the month but I love that idea as well and need to do that. Thanks for all of the great ideas.

Bill

cathyskitchen said:
Get some of the DVDs on supply about moving your business - they are packed with great ideas from consultants who have successfully moved their businesses. Good luck!
I will look for these DVD's thanks.

tys1031 said:
Have you done a "Welcome to the Neighborhood show?" A friend of mine did that for me when I moved. She lived in a neighborhood not too far from mine and meeting the people there has helped me branch out. I also sent letters to the area schools for fall/winter fundraisers and I am doing a vendor fair in September. I have also thought about sending letters to the area fire houses to offer to do a fundraiser to get products for their kitchen or the cash for the fire house. I even gave some flyers to a realtor I met in Kroger! I said I would give it 6 months and if things didn't pan out better for me, I was going to hang it up in December myself.
My new partner did a show for me that was kinda like that. However it was very specific about what I could do and not do. He did not want me to solict his friends for sales and did not want me to work the room. So I prepared two dishes and had catalogs sitting out. Some of the people ordered but that is essentially all that happened. Most did not even give me their email addresses so that I could include them in my mailings. It did not go over as well as I hoped, however that is a good idea. We did discuss about maybe doing on for the neighbors.

I know I found it on here, but have you seen the "100 Creative Ways to Advertise your business" flyer? It helped me because sometimes, even if you haven't moved, you can just get in a rut and need some new leads. Try it out!

Attachments

• 100 Creative Ways to Advertise Your Business.doc
    53 KB · Views: 663
Seriously? If he's not on board with your business have him a) read "Come to the Basement" or b) earn a trip!Don't worry about the e-mails because we don't have time to market our business to people who are not interested! Move on!I'm in a bit of a rut so thanks for that attachment. I work 30 minutes from home and most of my shows are that far or farther! Got some reading to do!

What are some ways to meet new people in a new city?

1. Join local groups or clubs based on your interests. This can be a great way to meet people who share similar hobbies or passions.

2. Attend community events, such as festivals, farmers markets, or concerts. These are often free and provide opportunities to meet people in a casual setting.

3. Take a class or join a gym. This allows you to meet people while also learning a new skill or getting fit.

4. Volunteer for a cause you care about. This not only helps you give back to the community, but also allows you to meet like-minded individuals.

5. Use social media or online platforms to connect with people in your new city. Join local groups or forums, or reach out to friends of friends who may live in the area.

What are some ways to explore a new city?

1. Take a walking or bike tour. This allows you to see the city while also getting some exercise.

2. Visit local landmarks or popular attractions. This can help you get a feel for the city's culture and history.

3. Try new restaurants or cafes in different neighborhoods. This is a great way to taste local cuisine and get a sense of the city's diversity.

4. Attend events or festivals. This not only gives you something fun to do, but also exposes you to different parts of the city.

5. Talk to locals and ask for recommendations. They can often suggest hidden gems or off-the-beaten-path places to check out.

How can I find my way around a new city?

1. Use a map or GPS. This can help you navigate the city and find the shortest or most efficient routes.

2. Take public transportation. This not only saves you from having to drive in a new place, but also helps you get familiar with the city's layout.

3. Walk or bike around the city. This allows you to take in your surroundings and discover new places.

4. Ask for directions from locals or use a ride-sharing app. This can help you get to your destination with ease.

5. Plan your routes ahead of time. If you have an idea of where you want to go, map out your route beforehand to avoid getting lost.

What are some ways to make a new city feel like home?

1. Get involved in the community. This can help you feel connected and invested in your new city.

2. Decorate your new space with familiar items. Surrounding yourself with things that remind you of home can help you feel more comfortable.

3. Find a routine or favorite spots. Having a regular place to go or activity to do can provide a sense of familiarity in a new place.

4. Stay in touch with friends and family from your previous city. This can help you feel less isolated and maintain important relationships.

5. Give yourself time to adjust. Moving to a new city can be overwhelming, so be patient with yourself and allow yourself to adapt to your new surroundings.

How can I find local resources and services in a new city?

1. Ask for recommendations from locals. They may be able to suggest reliable and trustworthy resources.

2. Use online directories or search engines to find businesses or services in your area.

3. Check out local community centers or libraries for information on resources available in the city.

4. Join online groups or forums for your new city to get recommendations and advice from other residents.

5. Attend local events or workshops, which may provide information on services in the area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kokonut
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kokonut
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kittychef
  • Cook1