• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Move-In Carnival: What to Include in Move-In Packets

In summary, this manager of an apartment complex is asking if the person would be interested in putting together move in packets for the annual "move in carnival". The packets would include a coupon for a free cooking show and 10% off the order.
vtolin
I was contacted by a manager of an apartment complex last week asking if I'd be interested in having a booth at their annual "move in carnival". Unfortunately I have to work otherwise I'd be there!! But she asked about maybe putting together move in packets to give away. I'm all for it but my question is what do I put in them?! I figured maybe like a 10% off coupon or coupon for free cooking show? What else?! This is on a very short time crunch too...I think it's this saturday, I'm confirming that. Anyone have any thoughts?

All I keep seeing in my head is this terrible apartment complex where I was a leasing agent until I was fired for getting pregnant (with my second child, with my husband)... the place was a slum and low income housing... and all I can imagine is some of my old tenants walking up to my PC table and knocking it over... a tenant keyed by brand new car when I worked there........ BUT:

I think this is a great opportunity for you to get your name out there. I would put together a little packet with a coupon for a free cooking show AND 10% off their order... in case they don't want a cooking show. I would also include a business card on a magnet, a current catalog, and the upcoming specials, and maybe an apartment kitchen tool list (you can come up with something) For example, apartments generally have small kitchens, the 12" skillet is great for one pot meals that can go from the stove top to the oven, the DCB, the micro cooker, etc etc. This is perfect in case people move from out of town and need a local consultant. They will have your name. It's a great advertising opportunity and I think it's actually better than setting up a booth at their "move in carnival"

How many packets is she wanting you to make? I did 200 for a Consignment Sale and I did put in a $5.00 off coupon with an upgrade to $15.00 if they booked and held a show with me with a minimum of $300 in sales (need to quantify that part). I put a business card and a mini catalog in the ziploc bag. I had a label with my name/contact info on the ziploc also.

On the coupon, I also put a sequential # on the back and stamped my contact info on it.

HTH.

The business card folders or mini brochures off Merrill are AWESOME - a recipe on the outside, you and your business on the inside. They seem a little spendy, but have a lot of bang for the buck, especially if you have a photo of yourself already.

Thanks everyone!!! I didn't have much time to get stuff ordered so I whipped up a quick brochure and included a coupon on it. I also donated three $10 gift certs that they were going to raffle off....this is a really nice complex and the gal was super excited. She's even going to place an order soon!! I got the fever though and am going to get some better stuff together and see about other complexes.

What is a Move-In Carnival?

A Move-In Carnival is a fun event that is held for new residents in a community or apartment complex to help them become familiar with their new surroundings and get to know their neighbors.

What should be included in a Move-In Packet?

A Move-In Packet should include important information such as a welcome letter, community rules and regulations, contact information for the property manager, and any important dates or events happening in the community. It is also a good idea to include a map of the property and nearby amenities.

Can I customize the Move-In Packets for my community?

Yes, you can customize the Move-In Packets to fit the specific needs and amenities of your community. You can include information about local restaurants, shopping centers, and transportation options to make the packet more personalized for your residents.

When should Move-In Packets be distributed?

It is best to distribute Move-In Packets a few days before or on the day of move-in. This will give new residents time to review the information and ask any questions they may have before settling into their new home.

How can I make the Move-In Carnival more interactive?

To make the Move-In Carnival more interactive, you can include games, raffles, or other fun activities for residents to participate in. You can also have representatives from local businesses or community organizations set up booths to provide information and giveaways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Suzanne C Shepard
  • jengillette
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies