• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivating Hosts for Host Coaching: What Works?

In summary, the tic tac toe style paper the host mentioned is called the "tic tac doe". It is a two page document that the host tweaks to fit their needs and makes for their guests. The "Guest Scavenger Hunt" is a two page document that the host provides for the guests to fill out at the show. The hostess only puts one person in each category, so if Tina wants to be a guest at the party she needs to pick brown eyes. If Tina wants to be a guest at the party she also needs
mandak
I have been working on my host coaching but I am finding it is hard to get hosts to aim. I am still new and have had a few hosts really go for outside orders to get the items they want for free but this month all my shows have been around $300. I remember seeing a tic-tac-toe style of paper on here - I can't find it now - that the host marked off for having so many outside orders ready, etc. Does anyone have that or use it?
What have you found useful to get hosts motivated to really earn the items on their wish lists?

Here's my versionI found the tic tac doe, and tweaked it to fit my needs. I made it a two page document...I hate to waste a side of paper!!! I have a "Guest Scavenger Hunt" that I found in another thread on the back. I have a sheet I will be bringing to each show for the guests to fill out! I am just implementing it for my April shows, so I can't give a results response, but I am excited to try it! I am also attaching the tic tac toe I use for catalog shows.

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Tictactoe and scavenger hunt.doc
    44 KB · Views: 696
  • Scavenger Hunt Game for Show.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 618
  • MINE catalog show tips.doc
    48 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:
nikked said:
I found the tic tac doe, and tweaked it to fit my needs. I made it a two page document...I hate to waste a side of paper!!! I have a "Guest Scavenger Hunt" that I found in another thread on the back. I have a sheet I will be bringing to each show for the guests to fill out! I am just implementing it for my April shows, so I can't give a results response, but I am excited to try it! I am also attaching the tic tac toe I use for catalog shows.

Hope it helps!

Hi HOw do you play the scavenger hunt? Is it just for the host to win a prize? and how many prizes do you allot ot her? Thanks!

I'm a little bizzarre!I'm an odd little duck...I don't really have set rewards or prizes for the most part...I like to look at the host and figure out what will motivate her! If a host totally completes the guest scavenger, I will probably do a cookbook...and go down in value from there, depending on how many, and how hard the topic was (a professional cake decorator would be harder to get than a co-worker, for example).

I realized from your post that I had mis-worded the game version of the hunt, so I changed it to read "The more types claimed, the bigger her reward". Not multiples, just bigger!!! I tend to miss that kind of stuff when I'm multi-tasking...which seems to be all the time!!!!

So does the Hostess, Donna, only put one person in each catagory, like say she's inviting Tina, who has brown eyes, only boys, and is an in-law.:confused:

Does she list Tina only in one of those spots, even if she fits more?? If only one, she decided to put her in Only Boys, so now it's the day of the party :confused: and

When Tina does hers, is she only allowed to pick one also, which answer she picks has to match Donna's?? What if she says, Brown eyes, because she doesn't want to bother looking down list more.

Need more clarification on this, as I'm not getting it, course I should be in bed, but here I am up looking at PC sites!! LOL:eek:

Lisa

This is an idea in motion...The whole point is to encourage the host to have as many different types of people at the show. When I introduce the "List", I plan to tell the people to pick the hardest one to fill for themselves (like, a cake decorator will be harder to fill than brown eyes). I want one of each type, not 3 people that can fill 5 spots each!!! So, yes, each person can only put their name on one line. The more lines the host has completed AT HER SHOW (outside orders DO NOT count), the bigger the prize.

The hostess doesn't fill it out, each guest will put his/her name in the spot they choose.

The "host list" matches the "guest list", so the host could let her guests know when she is inviting..."I need you to be my "cake decorator" guest, not my "brown eyed" guest! I am working on earning a special prize, and need your help!" I think we all like to know when we are helping someone, and I hope this will make attendance increase!

This isn't my original idea, I've (once again!), just been making it my own. And, I haven't implemented it yet. It's in my April host packets, but haven't had a show with it yet, so we'll see! I'm thinking I may have a pre-deteremined catagory that will allow a guest to win a prize also...like Gina Guest chose the "only boys" spot, so she gets a ???? That way the joy gets spread out a little bit!!!

Last edited:
I usually find that the host gets really motivated when she sees how much more she can get at the next level.

1. How can I motivate my hosts to book parties?

One effective way to motivate hosts is to offer incentives such as free products or discounts for booking a party. You can also appeal to their desire to socialize and have fun by emphasizing the benefits of hosting a party.

2. What are some strategies for keeping hosts engaged during the party planning process?

Regular communication and support are key for keeping hosts engaged. Offer tips and ideas for party themes or games, and provide them with all the necessary materials and information to help them feel confident and excited about their party.

3. How can I encourage hosts to invite guests to their party?

One effective way to encourage hosts to invite guests is to highlight the potential rewards they can earn for having a successful party. You can also provide them with customizable invitations and encourage them to share the event on social media.

4. What should I do if a host seems uninterested in hosting a party?

If a host seems uninterested, try to understand their reasons and address any concerns they may have. Offer to help them plan a low-key, no-pressure party or suggest co-hosting with a friend to make the experience more fun and less intimidating.

5. How can I motivate hosts to follow up with their party guests and collect orders?

Provide hosts with thank-you notes or follow-up templates to make it easier for them to reach out to their guests. You can also offer rewards or recognition for hosts who successfully collect a certain number of orders from their party guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minjoe_bri
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
minjoe_bri
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kraber
  • naekelsey