• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Catalogue Show Success: Tips for Motivating and Coaching Hosts

I. usually doesn't extend shows if the host doesn't have enough orders by the deadline. If the host has a few orders, D.C.I. might offer to do the show for them, but they would have to pay for the shipping.
Deborah Czarnecki
I have my first 2 catalogue shows going right now, and I'm not quite sure how to properly "coach" my hosts. I sense they are kind of uninspired about it (as if they're thinking "Oh, well, I'll sort of see if I can get any orders...")
On the one hand, I have already explained how the shows work and what they can recieve (the host rewards, the monthly host special), and I don't want to nag them ("Hey, have you got any orders yet??")
If anyone here normally does catalogue shows that are generally successful, I would love a few tips on how to inform, motivate and "coach" your hosts. What do you do?
Thanks!
D.C.

I recomend doing your host coaching just as if it were a kitchen show. I also think it is better to set a short time line for them to get orders, like 2 weeks. I have found that if you just leave it open than they really don't do much with it. You might want to try adding a little incentive to it as well, like an extra $5.00 off her order if she gets 10 orders. I just started offering an additional $10 off her order at any shows booked off the catalog show. I have also told hosts that I would give them an additional $15 if they submitted the show with at least $250 by the 15th of the month, then you just make it a kitchen show in PP and it doesn't cost you anything.

I set them up on my website - offer to come over and add all their family and friends into the guest list part of the website. Then help them to brainstorm about who might like a catalog (remember NO ONE minds when asked "Do you want some fries with that?) - - I ask hair dressers, postal workers, receptionists at my dr's offices... I share stories about how happy people are to see my PC visor and the catalogs - - my message is not to hesitate. If you get a nice smile, ask! No one will mind if you ask!

Then I give them a stack of my business cards and tell them to keep in their purse.... if the want to ask someone to check out the website, give them a card with their name (the host) on the back - a mini invite to the website, Always keep a catalog in your card, and take one with you.

Extending deadlineWhat if your cat host gets to the deadline and doesn't have enough orders for a show? Do you extend it? How long or how often? (obviously you don't want this thing dragging out for a month!)
My only concern would be that if there were a few orders, the people who placed them might not be amenable to having to pay higher shipping for their orders to be done individually.
Man, this whole catalogue show seemed like a good idea at the time...I didn't realize it would get so complicated!! :rolleyes:
D.C.

Hi D.C.,First of all, congratulations on your first catalogue shows! It's great that you are looking for ways to properly coach your hosts and make their shows successful.One tip I have is to schedule a time to check in with your hosts about their show. This could be a week or two after they received their catalogue, or a few days before the show closes. This allows you to remind them about the host rewards and monthly special, and also gives them a sense of accountability.Another way to motivate your hosts is to offer incentives for them to reach certain sales goals. For example, if they reach a certain amount in sales, they could receive a free product or discount on their order.You could also consider sending out reminder emails or texts to your hosts throughout the duration of their show. This way, they are constantly reminded about their show and the potential rewards they could receive.Lastly, make sure to thank your hosts for hosting a show and remind them of the impact they are making by supporting your business. This can go a long way in motivating them to actively promote their show to their friends and family.I hope these tips help and I wish you all the best with your catalogue shows!Best,

1. How can I motivate my catalogue host to have a successful party?

Motivating your catalogue host is essential for a successful party. One effective way to do this is by offering incentives like free products or discounts based on the party's sales. You can also provide them with tips and tricks on how to invite guests and promote the party on social media.

2. What are some creative ideas for motivating my catalogue host?

Aside from offering incentives, there are other creative ways to motivate your catalogue host. You can create a friendly competition among hosts and offer a prize to the one who has the highest sales. Another idea is to host a virtual party where the host can invite friends and family from different locations, increasing the potential for sales.

3. How can I keep my catalogue host motivated throughout the entire party process?

Keeping your catalogue host motivated from start to finish is crucial. One way to do this is by regularly checking in with them and providing them with support and encouragement. You can also offer them exclusive sneak peeks of new products to keep them excited and engaged.

4. My catalogue host is feeling discouraged. How can I help boost their motivation?

It's normal for a catalogue host to feel discouraged at times. As their consultant, it's essential to be their cheerleader and remind them of their goals and the benefits of hosting a party. You can also share success stories from other hosts to inspire them and give them a confidence boost.

5. How can I ensure my catalogue host has a successful party and reaches their sales goals?

To ensure your catalogue host has a successful party, provide them with all the necessary tools and resources, such as product samples and catalogues. Encourage them to reach out to potential guests and remind them to follow up with their guests after the party. Lastly, be there to support them every step of the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • SandiLeigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • JanetM
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies