• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the universal experience of motherhood?

In summary, this conversation is a heartfelt tribute to all mothers, grandmothers, and great grandmothers. It acknowledges the sacrifices and challenges that come with motherhood, from sleepless nights with sick children to the constant worry and fear for their safety. It also celebrates the universal love and dedication of motherhood, regardless of individual circumstances. It reminds us to cherish and appreciate our mothers every day and to pray for their well-being.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
FOR ALL MOTHERS, GRANDMOTHERS AND GREAT GRANDMOTHERS EVERYWHERE:
This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up
puke laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay honey, Mommy's
here".
Mothers who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who can't be
comforted. This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk
stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.
For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes. And
all the mothers who DON'T.
This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see. And the mothers who
took those babies and gave them homes.
This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors.
And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal bleachers at football , hockey or soccer
games instead of watching from the warmth of their cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did
you see me, Mom?" they could say, "Of course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.
This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten instead, but realize how child abuse happens.
This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the (grand) mothers who wanted to, but just couldn't find the words.
This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat.
For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."
This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all
the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.
This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.
This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though
they know their own offspring are at home -- or even away at college.
This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE
once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.
This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them.
For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed when their 14 year olds dye their hair green.
For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the
shooting.
For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging
their child who just came home from school, safely.
This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful, and now pray they come home
safely from a war.
What makes a good Mother anyway?
Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?
Or is it in her heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the
street, walking to school alone for the very first time?
The jolt that t takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 A.M. to put your hand on the back
a sleeping baby?
The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. when you just want to hear their key in the door and
know they are safe again in your home?
Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car
accident, a child dying?
The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for young mothers stumbling
through diaper changes and sleep deprivation...
And mature mothers learning to let go.
For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.
Single mothers, married mothers and step mothers.
Mothers with money, mothers without.
This is for you all. For all of us.
Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them every day that we love them. And pray.

"Home is what catches you when you fall. l - and we all fall."

LOVE this Leslie - I am going to send this out with my Mother's Day email. Thanks :)

how sweet. Thanks for sharing this with us.

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to everyone!

Love this too; I was actually just going to post it myself!

Dear fellow mothers, grandmothers, and great grandmothers,As a Pampered Chef consultant and a mother myself, I couldn't agree more with this beautiful tribute to all of us. Motherhood is not an easy journey, but it is one that is filled with endless love, sacrifices, and joy. We are the ones who hold our families together, who wipe away tears, and who cheer the loudest at every milestone.I want to take a moment to recognize and appreciate all that we do. From the late nights spent comforting sick children, to the endless hours spent in carpools and at sports games, to the daily tasks of cooking, cleaning, and nurturing our families. We are the glue that holds everything together.And let's not forget the emotional rollercoaster that comes with being a mother. The worry, the fear, the pride, and the love that overwhelms us every single day. It's a constant juggling act, but we do it because we love our children more than words can express.So to all the mothers out there, I want to say thank you. Thank you for all that you do, for the sacrifices you make, and for the love you give. You are all amazing and I am grateful to be a part of this incredible journey with you.Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful and strong mothers, grandmothers, and great grandmothers out there. You are all appreciated and loved more than you know.Sincerely,A fellow pampered chef consultant and proud mother

What is "Mother's Poem" and how is it used?

"Mother's Poem" is a versatile product from Pampered Chef that allows you to create personalized, heartfelt messages for your mother or any special woman in your life. It comes with a customizable poem, a frame, and a dry-erase marker, making it perfect for special occasions such as Mother's Day, birthdays, or just to show appreciation. Simply fill in the blanks with your own words and expressions, and it becomes a unique and meaningful gift for your loved one.

Can I customize the poem in "Mother's Poem"?

Yes, the poem in "Mother's Poem" is completely customizable. You can add your own words, expressions, and memories to make it unique and personal. The poem template provided is just a guide, but you are free to make changes and make it your own. This allows you to create a heartfelt message that truly reflects your relationship with your mother or loved one.

What occasions is "Mother's Poem" suitable for?

"Mother's Poem" is suitable for any occasion where you want to express love and appreciation for your mother or a special woman in your life. It is perfect for Mother's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, or just to say "thank you" for everything they do. You can also use it as a thoughtful gift for new moms or as a sentimental keepsake for your own mother.

Is "Mother's Poem" easy to use?

Yes, "Mother's Poem" is very easy to use. The poem template is simple and straightforward, and the accompanying frame and dry-erase marker make it easy to write and erase your personalized message. It is a great activity to do with kids, and the end result is a beautiful and meaningful gift that your mother or loved one will cherish.

Can I purchase "Mother's Poem" directly from Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can purchase "Mother's Poem" directly from Pampered Chef. It is available for purchase online or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn "Mother's Poem" as a host reward. Contact your consultant or visit our website to learn more about purchasing options for "Mother's Poem."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kattyschack
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies