• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for a Mother/Daughter Show as My Second Performance?

In summary, Monica is working on a Mother/Daughter show. She is looking for ideas and suggestions. One idea is to do a cooking school where the guests compete against one another to fix the recipes. Another idea is to do a show where the guests cook a favorite dish with their mom or dad. There is also the option to do a nationality based show.
PamperedChef99
I have a host who wants a mother/daughter show. I do not know what to do since this will be my second show! Any ideas???

Amy

maybe you could do a show where the guests compete against one another to fix the recipes (like all the moms can do the main dish and the daughters can all work together on dessert).. there are so many theme ideas on this site, i'm sure if you looked around in the search fields, you'd find some. if you need/want help, let me know.

God bless.
~ Amanda

How old are the "daughters?" If it's more of a kid-aged group, do a search for "cooking with kids" shows or "Mommy and Me" shows. :)

for teens...I really want to make the $2000 sales level for the December promotion, so as a last ditch effort, I am doing a Mother/Daughter show after Christmas (hopefully to capitalize on $$ gifts given and being on winter break). We're calling it "Cooking Skool", an opportunity to learn their way around the kitchen and bring families back to the kitchen table!

Menu: Aleena's (my 13yr old) favorite PC recipes: Thai Chicken Stir-Fry and Banana Toffee Pizza- plus lumpia (a filipino spring roll).
Format: Separate into mom/daughter teams and be responsible for different elements of the meal. I'm hoping that the moms are willing to be active in talking about cooking & safety tips since I won't be able to be everywhere.
I would also like to pick up some cheap, plain aprons and they can decorate and be a fun keepsake.
Homework: They each have to make their favorite meal with their mom/dad and let Aleena know that they did it....they will get a free SB cookbook for completing the task.

Anyway, I am attaching the invitation if anyone is interested feel free to use/modify!

thoughts?? advice?? tips??
thanks...

Attachments

• mom and me invite.pub
    74.5 KB · Views: 520
Just had to comment on the lumpia!! my husband is half phillipino and his mother is full blooded!! there is nothing like adobo, ponsit, and lumpia!!! hope it all goes well for you and your daughter!

Monica,

You just named off my top 3 filipino foods!!! I'm half, too...and I love going to visit my mom so that I can learn more native cooking and pass it on to my daughters.

How wonderful to hear from you! thanks...

Nationality Based showYou could do a nationality based show. Each Mom/Daughter could bring in their favorite recipe from one of their hertitages.
Then suggest making copies and giving them all out if they buy a Recipe Binder. You can purchase recipe card blanks for printers I believe.
Just an idea.
I know we had a ball in home ec when we did these types of classes!
We learned a lot too about each other that way.

MSmith said:
I really want to make the $2000 sales level for the December promotion, so as a last ditch effort, I am doing a Mother/Daughter show after Christmas (hopefully to capitalize on $$ gifts given and being on winter break). We're calling it "Cooking Skool", an opportunity to learn their way around the kitchen and bring families back to the kitchen table!

Menu: Aleena's (my 13yr old) favorite PC recipes: Thai Chicken Stir-Fry and Banana Toffee Pizza- plus lumpia (a filipino spring roll).
Format: Separate into mom/daughter teams and be responsible for different elements of the meal. I'm hoping that the moms are willing to be active in talking about cooking & safety tips since I won't be able to be everywhere.
I would also like to pick up some cheap, plain aprons and they can decorate and be a fun keepsake.
Homework: They each have to make their favorite meal with their mom/dad and let Aleena know that they did it....they will get a free SB cookbook for completing the task.

Anyway, I am attaching the invitation if anyone is interested feel free to use/modify!

thoughts?? advice?? tips??
thanks...

GREAT ideas! Were you able to find the Aprons? I think Michael's has them? I couldn't open your document for some reason... is it a pdf?

MSmith said:
Monica,

You just named off my top 3 filipino foods!!! I'm half, too...and I love going to visit my mom so that I can learn more native cooking and pass it on to my daughters.

How wonderful to hear from you! thanks...

Which of those (ponsit, and lumpia) is the yummy noodle dish? My adoptive family when I was going to grad school in San Diego used to make both of these (one is a little roll thing right?). Are these easy to make?

Susan,

I did the document in Publisher b/c I like how easy it is to make flyers, etc. in that program. I'm searching for the aprons today. I don't know if we have a Michael's around here (nw ar). I'm really looking forward to this and I really like the idea that 1224 mentioned about doing a nationality event...perhaps I can convince each mom to host a show and we can perpetuate it that way!

Lumpia is the Filipino version of the Chinese Spring Roll...you can fill it with anything! My savory version is: ground beef, ground pork, carrots, onions, water chestnuts, plus seasonings. I cook it all up before filling so that it's easy to freeze and fry up at a later date. And then, you just wrap it up tightly like a burrito and fry! For a sweet version, I LOVE it with bananas/brown sugar.

Pancit is the noodle dish. mmmmm...fave! What a small world.

I have Publisher and I'm also having trouble with the document. Can you please email it to me? I'd really appreciate it. Just click on my member name to email me. :D

What is a Mother/Daughter Show?

A Mother/Daughter Show is a special type of Pampered Chef party where mothers and daughters can come together to bond over cooking, baking, and trying out new kitchen products. It's a fun and interactive way to spend quality time with your loved ones.

Do I have to be a mother or daughter to attend?

No, the Mother/Daughter Show is open to all family members and friends. It's a great opportunity to bring your mother, daughter, grandmother, aunt, or any special lady in your life.

What can I expect at a Mother/Daughter Show?

At a Mother/Daughter Show, you can expect to learn new recipes, try out Pampered Chef products, and have a great time with your loved ones. Our consultants will guide you through the cooking process and answer any questions you may have.

Do I need to purchase anything at the Mother/Daughter Show?

There is no pressure to purchase anything at the Mother/Daughter Show. However, if you fall in love with any of our products, our consultants will be happy to assist you with placing an order.

Can I host a Mother/Daughter Show?

Absolutely! Hosting a Mother/Daughter Show is a great way to earn free and discounted products. Our consultants will work with you to plan a fun and memorable event for you and your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
  • PamperedChef99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies