• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can a last-minute cancellation ruin a Bridal Shower?

Invited To..." box~Click the "Confirm" buttonThen, go to my website - /cookinwithbecky~Click on "Shop Online" in the lower left-hand corner~Choose Option #2 - "New Customers"~Enter your name and email address in the "New Customers" boxes~Click the "Confirm" buttonIf you would like to order by phone:~Call me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx~I will ask for your name and email address~I will then ask if you would like to order through my website, or if you would like to order by phone.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, I'm at the host's house, prepping for a Bridal Shower (20-25 people expected!) and the phone rings. It's the Groom's Mother, letting the Groom's Aunt (the host) know that the wedding has been canceled, and there won't be a Bridal Shower!:eek::eek::eek:
How awful is that? I was sorta hoping that they would have a party anyway, but it seems that they are all in shock, and no one felt like a party. (plus it was a mix of bride & groom's family, so may have been tense - I don't know)

So...I packed up my stuff and came home.

Now, I have to figure out how to recoup what I would have made today....this was the show that was going to ensure that I got 1/2 off Conference. It's going to be iffy without it....

Wow! That's all I have to say.

Holy Cow! So sorry that happened and I agree- most unexpected!!

Oh my! How uncomfortable for everyone! So sorry Becky!

And just when you think you've heard all the excuses...I'm so sorry, but I have complete faith something will happen for you to make Conference a reality. Get on the phone, send emails...how short are you?

Wow! That must have been very uncomfortable. I am sorry that happened to you. I will keep my fingers crossed that one of your upcoming shows (you do have more this month, don't you) will be a surprise, and put you over the top!!

Oh my, I can't believe that!

I'm getting ready for a Bridal Shower I have tomorrow. I sure hope that doesn't happen to me!!

Wow, that is actually pretty crazy! I am sure you felt so odd. Sorry about that! Think good thoughts and something else will come!

It was really strange. I felt bad for the Host, too. She had invested quite a bit into this - with a big floral centerpiece, and themed plates, cups, tablecloth, etc....plus all of the food, and she had a punchbowl all set to go....she looked like she'd been punched in the stomach when she hung up the phone.

I'm working on an idea right now.....

I have $1550 closed for the month right now, plus 2 shows that are open - but one was at $200, and one was at $300 when I left the shows...plus I have 2 shows next week, but I know they won't close in time, I've already discussed closing with the hosts, and they both have reasons for keeping their shows open for a couple days following the show. I also have a Catalog Show open - but you know how those are. :rolleyes: I just KNEW that this Bridal Shower would for sure seal the deal for me.

So - here is what I am thinking. I'm going to send out an email letting everyone know that I need a little help. I'm offering 15% off their order, plus I'll pick a mystery host from those who order to receive host benefits. I'm also going to offer a FREE show to anyone who wants to do an Impromptu Show on the 28th or 29th. (only dates I have open next week) The only stipulation is that they MUST close their show within 24 hours following the show. Now - off I go to compose that email and get it sent out!

Oh my stars!! How horrible - for everyone.

Well, the silver lining is that I sent out this email w/ the subject as Wedding Canceled - Need A Little Help! (and it looks better in my email program):

Hi Everyone,

Wow! I arrived at my Bridal Shower Show today - only to be told that the bride had just called off the wedding (JUST THEN!) so there wasn't going to be a Shower! I felt terrible for the Host of the Shower - because she had a large amount of time invested in this.

It also put me in a little bit of a bind - because I have some sales goals I needed to reach this month, and was counting on this show to ensure those goals were met. So, now I'm trying to recoup a little bit.

First - I am offering a special deal Now through Monday, April 27th. 15% off your order when you call, email or place your order online. You may also choose free shipping, if you have it shipped to my house for pickup here, or you can choose $5.00 shipping to have it delivered directly to your home. (This offer does NOT include Outlet Orders...sorry!)
When you order online:
~Go to my website - /cookinwithbecky
~Click on "Shop Online" in the lower left-hand corner
~Choose Option #1 - "Already Invited To A Show..." and type in my name as the host. (this is crucial - I cannot adjust your sales total if you choose option #2!)
~Happy Shopping!

From those that place orders, one person will be drawn at random to receive the host benefits - So, any free product, discounted product, and the host bonus item of 60% off one piece of Bamboo could be yours!
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

ALSO - Please consider hosting an Impromptu Party! I have 3 days next week when I could do a party - Monday 27th, Tuesday, 28th, or Wednesday 29th. Call, E-mail and Facebook your friends and invite them over for a really fun Appetizer Show! I will provide all ingredients for the Party (including a great drink, and tableware), and it will be a fun, relaxing time! We will have Appetizers that have been a SMASH HIT at parties I've been doing:
- French Bread w/ Garlic-Parmesan & Sun-Dried Tomato Herb Dipping Oils,
- Cream Cheese & Pineapple Rum Sauce Dip w/ crackers
- Steamed Wonton Purses w/ Ginger-Wasabi Dipping Sauce
This would just be a very simple presentation - not a long demo type of show - and a really good excuse for you to invite a bunch of friends over just for some fun and food! Plus, everyone will receive a free gift from me when they place an order!

Give me a call or email if this sounds like fun - I've done other shows that have been last minute, and they have been great! No one forgets they've been invited, and they all know what their schedule already is! :)

Thanks so much for your help!

I've already received 2 orders...and I just finished sending it out about 10 minutes ago! Whooo Hooo!

That is great Becky!! About the replies and what not! I cant imagine how the family must have felt having to tell you and then all the people that were on their way. Ugh. What a nasty situation for all. Your email looks great! Good luck getting your orders!!!!

Wow, that's too bad for everyone involved. I can remember you were trying to get the bridal apron earlier this week for today.

Good luck with reaching your goal by week's end. I'm crossing my toe nails and finger nails for you Becky.

Wow that would be a blow. Hope you email works!!!

I can't even imagine how you felt! But it sounds like you have a good plan to make up the difference to earn your NC.

Good Luck!

Vicky

Becky, I love your wording. Your easy going attitude really shines through. I know it will work out for you!

I have over $300 in orders, with 2 more people I have to contact for final orders today. Oh - and also one booking! A past host, who bought the 10" skillet at her show, and just ordered the 12" skillet! She wants a set now too - so we booked her for August! (hee hee - I got her hooked using the 10" for biscuit bites at her show...and now she wants it all! She is one of those who THOUGHT she had good cookware, until she tried mine!:D)

Great job, Becky!

pamperedharriet said:
Great job, Becky!

Thanks, Harriet!

Oh - and I just got this email from the host:

Dear Becky
I thought I would let you know...that the wedding is being postponed indefinitely....
so when and if it does take place I will get back with you
and then I guess we could always do a book party if we don't do a real shower....
I'm so sorry for any inconvenience this caused you,
thanks for your understanding in this very awkward situation.
M.

That was nice that the host sent you that. I am sure she is upset and embarrassed.

What a story! Kudos to you for turning on a dime and sending out that e-mail. You must have also been really nice to the host for her to send you that e-mail.

I am sure you will earn free NC!

1. What is the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy?

The "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy refers to the cancellation of an order or event due to unforeseen circumstances, such as extreme weather, natural disasters, or other emergency situations.

2. Will I receive a refund if my order or event is cancelled under the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy?

Yes, if your order or event is cancelled under the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy, you will receive a full refund for your purchase.

3. How will I be notified if my order or event is cancelled under the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy?

If your order or event is cancelled under the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy, you will be notified via email or phone as soon as possible.

4. Can I reschedule my event if it is cancelled under the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy?

While we cannot guarantee a specific date, we will do our best to accommodate rescheduling your event if it is cancelled under the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy.

5. Are there any exceptions to the "Most Unexpected Cancellation" policy?

In some cases, if the cancellation is due to a personal emergency or illness, we may be able to offer a partial refund or credit towards a future event. Please contact us for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • wadesgirl