• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Morning Update, March 22, 2013

In summary, Paige Dixon Birgfeld, a Cheffer, disappeared on June 28, 2007, and dental records tentatively identified her remains as those of Paige on March 8, 2012. DNA testing confirmed that Paige had been found on March 28, 2012, and as of this date, all we know is that Paige's remains have been found and law enforcement is considering this case a homicide.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
In case you are new to these daily updates, let me just quickly tell you that our friend and fellow Cheffer, Paige Dixon Birgfeld, disappeared without a trace on June 28, 2007. You can follow the entire story in a thread called "One of Our Own Is Missing" at the top of this page. Human remains were found in Colorado on March 8, 2012. Two days later, dental records tentatively identified the remains as those of Paige. On March 28, DNA testing confirmed that Paige had been found. As of this date, all we know is that Paige's remains have been found, law enforcement is considering this case a homicide, and everything is in the hands of forensics experts. All we can do now is wait, because once again, we have nothing new to report.

In news of Candles for Paige we had 6 candles as of this post. Remember, candles go out after 48 hours so keep lighting candles for Paige, her family and her three children.

Instructions for lighting candles for Paige are in the Missing thread, in this post.

On this date in History...

...in 1958, Producer Mike Todd perished in a plane crash. He was born in Minneapolis as Avrom Hirsch Goldbogen, and received the nickname "Toat" as a child, and it apparently stuck. In sixth grade, in Chicago, he was expelled for running a crap game, and in high school, he produced the school play, The Mikado. Todd invented the Todd-AO film process, a high-resolution technique that also added higher fidelity sound to films that were shot using the process. He was well known for using the process in his work in notable films as Oklahoma, The Sound of Music, Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines, Around the World in 80 Days and Patton. Todd was even better known for being the third of the seven husbands of Elizabeth Taylor. (Taylor was married eight times. Huh? She married Richard Burton twice.)

180px-Miketodd.jpg

Mike Todd, ca. 1952

...in 1933, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the Beer and Wine Revenue Act. The law levied a tax of $5.00 on each barrel of beer and wine sold, in order to raise revenues but it exempted beer and wine from the Volstead Act. The act also gave states the right to regulate alcohol distribution. While the act legalized the sale of beer and wine, which had been outlawed with the 18th Amendment, Prohibition did not end until the ratification of the 21st Amendment in 1933.

...in 1820, the hero of the Barbary Wars was fatally wounded in a duel, of all things. Stephen Decatur had become a national hero during the Tripolitan War when he commanded a raid into the harbor at Tripoli. (For more about Stephen Decatur and the Tripolitan War, see the Morning Update, February 16, 2009.) In 1807, Commodore James Barron failed to resist a British attack on his flagship, the USS Chesapeake. Barron and Decatur had served together in the Tripolitan War but Decatur sat on Barron's court martial, which expelled Barron from the navy for a period of five years. It started a feud between the two that would be settled 13 years later, when Barron challenged Decatur to a duel after Decatur publicly expressed his dismay at Barron being reinstated to the navy. Both shooters hit their marks, but Decatur died from his wound hours later. Barron recovered and was reinstated to the navy at a lower rank.

http://www.history.navy.mil/cannons/Decatur_Stephent.JPG
Stephen Decatur

That's it. That's all we know as of 12:01 AM, EDT.

YEAH!!! This is finally showing in the "New Posts" feed again! I like my daily history lesson but didn't always remember to go find it...

Your joy may be short lived. I screwed up last night and posted this in the regular forum instead of the Morning Updates forum. :(

Booo! Hiss!!! Greg! HELP!

lt1jane said:
Booo! Hiss!!! Greg! HELP!
I'm sorry! I didn't MEAN to misplace the entry!

The Boo Hiss was meant because the problem hasn't been corrected yet, not because you posted in the wrong place.

The whole thing with Paige... unreal. I will never forget being on the phone with you that awful day, TKG.

lt1jane said:
The Boo Hiss was meant because the problem hasn't been corrected yet, not because you posted in the wrong place.
I know ;) I just can't pass up a great straight line!

AJPratt said:
The whole thing with Paige... unreal. I will never forget being on the phone with you that awful day, TKG.
It was all just so strange, wasn't it? At least now we know what happened to her, we still don't know the how or why.

1. What is the purpose of the Morning Update on March 22, 2013?

The Morning Update on March 22, 2013 is a daily newsletter sent out by Pampered Chef to keep consultants and customers informed about new products, promotions, and company updates.

2. How often is the Morning Update sent out?

The Morning Update is sent out every weekday morning, Monday through Friday.

3. How can I sign up to receive the Morning Update?

You can sign up to receive the Morning Update by subscribing to the Pampered Chef newsletter on our website or by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Can I customize the content I receive in the Morning Update?

Yes, you can customize the content you receive in the Morning Update by updating your preferences in your Pampered Chef account or by contacting your consultant.

5. Is there a way to access previous Morning Update newsletters?

Yes, previous Morning Update newsletters can be found in the "Newsletter" section of your Pampered Chef account or by contacting your consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy