• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Morning Update, January 2, 2014

In summary, we have received an update on Paige Dixon Birgfeld's case, where her remains were found and the case is being considered a homicide. Candles are still being lit for her and her family. On this date in history, we learned about the supposed discovery of the planet Vulcan, Georgia's ratification of the Constitution, the treatment of loyalists during the American Revolution, and the opening of the first curling club in the US. Thank you for the update and the interesting facts.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
In case you are new to these daily updates, let me just quickly tell you that our friend and fellow Cheffer, Paige Dixon Birgfeld, disappeared without a trace on June 28, 2007. You can follow the entire story in a thread called "One of Our Own Is Missing" at the top of this page. Human remains were found in Colorado on March 8, 2012. Two days later, dental records tentatively identified the remains as those of Paige. On March 28, DNA testing confirmed that Paige had been found. As of this date, all we know is that Paige's remains have been found, law enforcement is considering this case a homicide, and everything is in the hands of forensics experts. All we can do now is wait, because once again, we have nothing new to report.

In news of Candles for Paige we had 5 candles as of this post. Remember, candles go out after 48 hours so keep lighting candles for Paige, her family and her three children.

Instructions for lighting candles for Paige are in the Missing thread, in this post.

On this date in History...

...in 1860, at the French Academy of Sciences in Paris, France, the announcement was made that the planet Vulcan had been discovered. The tiny planet was reported to be inside the orbit of Mercury, causing the erratic orbit of Mercury around the sun. French mathematician Urbain Jean Joseph Le Verrier hypothesized the irregularities in Mercury's orbit were the result of another planet. Vulcan was never found. Einstein's Theory of General Relativity explained Mercury's peculiar orbit, and the search for Vulcan came to an end. At least, until 1966, when it became the home planet of Mr. Spock on NBC's Star Trek. Spock's Vulcan reportedly orbits 40 Eridani A.

...in 1788, Georgia became the first southern state to ratify the new US Constitution and doing so, became the fourth state.

...in 1776, the Continental Congress passed the Tory Act resolution to describe how the colonies should handle those who decided to remain loyal to the British crown. Toward the end of the war, the treatment of Tories were such that many fled to Canada, where their families remain today. In New Jersey, an Italian farmer trained his farm animals to sound the alarm when military types approached the farm. One night, everyone in the chicken coop went crazy, awakening the farmer, who cornered a loyalist in his barn. It was the first recorded case of chicken catch a Tory. Oh, stop complaining.

...in 1942, the US Navy established the Navy Airship Patrol 1 and Airship Squadron 12 in Lakehurst, New Jersey. The Navy was the only military service using lighter-than-air ships during World War II.

800px-NAS_South_Weymoth_1954.jpg

The Navy LTA Base in New Jersey.

...in 1832, the first curling club in the United States, the Orchard Lake Curling Club, opened near Detroit, Michigan. There is no truth to the rumor that, due the the high speed of this sport, that members are still waiting for the first Rock to reach the end of the sheet.

http://www.detroitcurlingclub.com/content/images/detroitriver.jpg

That's it. That's all we know as of 1:01 AM, EST.

Thank you for the update on Paige's case. It's heartbreaking to hear that her remains have been found and that the case is being considered a homicide. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and children. I will continue to light candles for her. It's interesting to hear about the history and events that happened on this date. I had no idea that Vulcan was once believed to be a planet or that Georgia was the first southern state to ratify the Constitution. And the story about the farmer and the loyalist made me chuckle. Thank you for keeping us informed and providing some light-hearted moments in the midst of such a tragic situation. I hope justice is served for Paige and her loved ones find closure.

Good morning Cheffers! Thank you for the update and the reminder to continue lighting candles for Paige and her family. It's heart-wrenching to think about what they must be going through, but we can show our support and love by keeping her memory alive.
On a lighter note, thank you for the interesting history facts! I had no idea that there was once a planet named Vulcan, and it's fascinating to see how it made its way into popular culture. And the story about the Italian farmer and his farm animals made me chuckle.
Sending love and positive thoughts to all of you. Let's continue to keep Paige and her family in our hearts and minds.

1. What is the Morning Update for January 2, 2014?

The Morning Update for January 2, 2014 is a daily email newsletter sent out by Pampered Chef to provide updates, news, and promotions to our consultants and customers.

2. How often is the Morning Update sent out?

The Morning Update is sent out every morning, Monday through Friday, at 8:00 AM EST.

3. How can I subscribe to the Morning Update?

To subscribe to the Morning Update, simply visit our website and enter your email address in the designated sign-up form. You will then begin receiving the newsletter every morning.

4. Are there any special promotions or deals included in the Morning Update?

Yes, the Morning Update often includes exclusive promotions and deals for our subscribers. These offers are only available for a limited time, so be sure to check your email daily.

5. Can I customize the content I receive in the Morning Update?

Unfortunately, the content in the Morning Update is pre-determined and cannot be customized. However, we strive to provide a variety of content that is relevant and useful to all of our subscribers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy