• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent More Help Needed - Loaded Baked Potato Chowder

In summary, the host has notified the speaker that there will be 14-16 guests attending the event. The speaker is unsure about how to proceed with making the chowder, as she had planned to combine two different outlines but now has limited resources and time. She seeks help and suggestions from others, and receives advice to enlarge the recipe and serve smaller portions. A possible second recipe is also suggested. The speaker expresses her gratitude for the help and shares her own experience with making the chowder for larger crowds.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My host for tomorrow left a message on my machine that she has 14-16 guests coming now. She'd like me to double the chowder. I planned on following Becky's and Amanda's outlines combined but now don't know what to do. I've never made this at a show and only have one DCB. My director is in the Bahamas.

Any idea how to do this and still make it flow and make it relatively quick?

Please, please help!! (Can you tell I'm freaking out?!)

I'm on my way to drive 8 15 yo girls to a bowling party for my daughter and they're all coming back here later for a non sleep over so I'll check back in then since I won't be sleeping anyway.

Thanks for any and all help!

Well I wouldn't double the recipe- but I would enlarge it by 50%. Does that make sense? so istead of 3 1/2 cups milk it'd be 5 1/4 cup milk (3/4 cup milk to begin), 6oz of cream cheese and 4 or 5 potatoes, 3/4 cup cheese.
That should all fit in 1 DCB just fine. And then I would still do the 11 minutes first then another 11 minutes after. And then after adding the milk I would do maybe 7 minutes?
I woudl think that would work just fine. Also, be sure to serve in smaller servings- small mugs or smaller bowls.
Also, if you're not opposed to it- if you usually make only 1 recipe, I would consider doing 1 really simple 2nd recipe. Just a thought.

Are all those guests confirmed or "maybe" people? I'd do the garlic biscuit bites plus the soup. I haven't tried to enlarge the recipe, but that would probably be a good idea. I'd add a couple extra potatoes and plan on it taking a few extra minutes before you can use the mix n chop on them. I'd use a whole block of cream cheese and increase the milk to about 5 cups (?). You can eyeball the milk, since that's something you add towards the end, with only needing to stir, so you can see how full you want your baker to get.I had a host tell me she was going to have 12 people come when this was our recipe for the show. I got really nervous about there not being enough. I had already planned on making the garlic biscuit bites, so I definitely thought that would help. But I decided I'd also bring along my 2nd DCB and a cake mix and some creamy PB and my measure all cup. When I got there I asked her if she had the egg and oil needed. We went ahead and made a cake just so there would be more food. It was a great idea, and I'm glad we had it....but as it turned out at the last minute a bunch of people didn't come and it only ended up being 7 or 8 guests. We had a lot of soup and biscuit bites, and a ton of the cake left over. It was more work than necessary, but I'm a worry-wart and always want my crowd fully satisfied. :D

I only make one recipe no matter the size of the crowd. She can always make other food to serve.

When I do the LBPC, I always do the Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites with it. I used to do the more complicated version, but now, I just melt 4 Tbls. of butter in the 10 inch skillet, then sprinkle in Garlic Parm. Oil dipping seasoning to cover the bottom of the pan (I'd guess 2-3 Tbls.) Use a can of the Grands Biscuits, and quarter them, lay them over the seasoning, and then mix a bit to cover the biscuits with the butter/seasoning mixture. Bake @ 350 for 15-18 minutes.Oh - and for the Chowder - I usually am doing this for a group of 15 or more - I just do about 3 lbs of potatoes, add a full block of cream cheese (8 oz), and 4 cups of milk total....I also add a clove of garlic, pressed, and a full 2 cups of grated cheese. Did it for 6 shows this month!

Phew, now I feel better! Thanks everyone!

I'm making the garlic biscuit bites already so I'll just increase the milk, cheese, cream cheese and potatoes and hopefully it'll all work out. I've been sooo looking forward to making this recipe at a show instead of just at home.

Becky, when do you add your clove of pressed garlic? I'd like to try that.

Again, thank you everyone. I've said it before but I'll say it again....Cheffers are the best :)

I add the garlic when I add the cream cheese, onions, and milk. :)

Just an FYI if people ever do need a double recipe.I made this for my munchkin's first birthday party. I made one batch and put it in a crock-pot to keep it warm and then made a second batch when people got to our house. Both batches were completely gone before the party was over!

When I've doubled it, we just dumped batch #1 in a different vessel and I made a second batch quickly while everyone is shopping and chatting.

1. How long does it take to make this Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

The total prep and cook time for this recipe is about 45 minutes.

2. Can this recipe be made ahead of time and reheated?

Yes, this chowder can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.

3. Can I substitute the bacon for a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can leave out the bacon or substitute it with vegetarian bacon or smoked tofu for a vegetarian version of this chowder.

4. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe serves about 6-8 people.

5. Can I freeze this chowder for later use?

Yes, you can freeze this chowder for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ToDi4Food
  • pampered2007