1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Monthly Meeting

1. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

For those that are directors or just hold their own meetings - how do you plan it? Do you use the meeting planner as is? Change it up a little? I've got 3 new team members & I'd like to have informational, motivational monthly meetings. I've got one scheduled for October 24th. Should I gear it towards the forged cutlery or do something else?

2. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Crystal: Good for you!!! I use something from the meeting planner if it looks fun--if not--I do my own. I have a small team (last night I had 7 show up, including 2 guests), and I usually do welcome, announcements, training, recognition (I do it at the end in case anyone shows up late they don't miss it) and a team challenge.

Last night for training I had all the knives out and a couple of cutting boards and some veggies and a baguette--they played when they got there with the knives. Then we did a welcome, and divided into two teams--we did a recipe relay and made one of the recipes from the appetizer cookbook. After that we each team took a bunch of the Simple Additions and I had some fake greenery for fall and Christmas and each team built a display with SA. A little recognition, Then we talked about our WHY bags and made a list of what could go in them. Then we kicked off our Step Up Program. Start to finish 90 minutes. Have fun at your meetings, no matter how many show up.

Hope you do well!

Oct 13, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Hey Nancy, can I participate in any way in your Step Up?

Oct 13, 2009
  4. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

Personally as a consultant, if your meeting is the 24th, I as a consultant might want to hear a little recap about FC, but I would hope my director would focus on helping me sell/book for Nov. and Dec., as by Oct. 24th you're really probably not going to add anymore shows to your Oct. calendar.

Of course, that's just my humble opinion.

My director doesn't really do much at her shows personaly with SA, she's told us that. So I'm trying to come up with ideas and things to focus or do at my shows in Nov. I'm not one to take my PC things and fill with flowers etc and than want to reuse with food, so I'm not good at showing that either. I am goign to be takng my 3tiered stand to my fundraiser shows, so show how I can get lots more desserts out on a buffet while taking up less room.

HTH,

Lisa

Oct 13, 2009
  5. crystalscookingnow

Lisa, I was kind of thinking the same thing about the meeting being the 24th & the forged cutlery.

Nancy - thanks for your help! We'll probably only have 3-5 people there, so I'm not sure about the teams, but we can definitely brainstorm ideas. I want to do something useful for my consultants since they're all brand new. Meaning that I want to make the meetings worth coming to!

6. beckyjsmith

beckyjsmith Member

Sometimes I follow the planner, but most of the time we don't.
    We always open with introductions and sharing a success from the past month. We do training, recognition, and challenges. We almost always prepare a recipe together and talk about what we say about the products as we go through them.
    We always have a good time and my consultants who attend regularly really do have more successful businesses than those who don't.

Oct 13, 2009
  7. crystalscookingnow

In a similar thought... Do you all have motivational emails that you send to your team? I'd like something that I could format through I-Contact but wasn't sure what was available. My director has one that she sends out weekly but I'm not crazy about it.

8. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

You may want to consider using the cook and book training format from CC. Since they're all fairly new, you can do a cooking demo using only tools from their new kit. You can talk about booking, out & about contacts and the 3-2-1 model.

For a newsletter, you can highlight the rewards and recognize those working their biz. Include updates on specials and incentives, share a recipe or tip that can help them.

Just some ideas....

Have something to add?