• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making monkey munch/puppy chow with Cheerios instead of Chex?

In summary, Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow is a sweet and crunchy snack mix made with cereal, chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. It can be made without peanut butter by using other nut or seed butters, and can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or frozen for longer storage. Any type of cereal can be used, but adjustments may need to be made for the amount of chocolate and peanut butter. Unfortunately, it is not gluten-free, but a gluten-free version can be made with appropriate substitutions.
WLMcCoy
Has anyone ever made monkey munch/puppy chow w/ Cheerios instead of Chex?

http://www.recipezaar.com/Puppy-Chow-or-Monkey-Munch-74048

Not sure on Cheerios but why not? I saw someone had made it with Golden Grahams and someone else with Life cereal so I think anything goes!! If you do try it, let us know what you think!

Yes, I have made monkey munch/puppy chow with Cheerios instead of Chex and it turned out great! I actually prefer using Cheerios because they are healthier and add a nice crunch to the mix. Just make sure to use the plain, unsweetened Cheerios so the flavor doesn't overpower the chocolate and peanut butter. Give it a try and let me know how it turns out for you!

What is Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow?

Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow is a popular sweet and crunchy snack mix made with cereal, chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. It is commonly served at parties, potlucks, and as a fun treat for kids.

Can I make Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow without peanut butter?

Yes, you can substitute the peanut butter with other nut or seed butters, such as almond butter or sunflower seed butter. You can also use a soy butter for those with allergies.

How do I store Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow?

Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage.

Can I use a different type of cereal?

Yes, you can use any type of cereal you prefer for Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow. Some popular options include Chex, Cheerios, and Crispix. Just be sure to adjust the amount of chocolate and peanut butter accordingly to ensure all the cereal is coated.

Is Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow gluten-free?

Unfortunately, Monkey Munch Aka Puppy Chow is not gluten-free as it typically contains cereal that contains gluten. However, you can make a gluten-free version by using a gluten-free cereal and ensuring all other ingredients are gluten-free as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies