• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mom's Apple Crisp - What Baker to Use?

In summary, for Mom's Apple Crisp, it is best to use a glass or ceramic baking dish that is at least 9x13 inches in size to ensure even baking and prevent overflow. While a metal baking pan can be used, it may cause faster browning and a shorter baking time is recommended. Peeling the apples is recommended for a smoother texture, but any type of apple can be used. Old-fashioned rolled oats are recommended for the crisp topping for the best texture and hold.
Tean94
I'm doing a show in May and am planning on making the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the DCB. However, my Host also wants me to make the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe. I only have one DCB.

So my question is, what should I use for the Mom's Apple Crisp recipe? Will the Square Baker be big enough for that recipe? Or should I use the Rectangular Baker, though if I do, is it too big for that recipe and will it fit in most microwaves?

Why not half the recipe and make it in the rcb?

Mom's apple crisp was originally done in the deep dish pan, so I would think the square would work.

I've made it in the DCB many times.

Yes, but the DCB is being used for other recipe, so looking for another alternative, so I think yes the Square one will work, best thing, test at home to be sure, if you've got the time.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Yes, but the DCB is being used for other recipe, so looking for another alternative, so I think yes the Square one will work, best thing, test at home to be sure, if you've got the time.

oops, guess I should have read everything!

Or I'm sure the Deep Dish Pie would be good....

What type of baking dish should I use for Mom's Apple Crisp?

For best results, we recommend using a glass or ceramic baking dish that is at least 9x13 inches in size. This will allow the crisp to bake evenly and prevent overflow.

Can I use a metal baking pan for Mom's Apple Crisp?

While it is possible to use a metal baking pan for this recipe, keep in mind that metal may cause the edges of the crisp to brown more quickly. If using a metal pan, we recommend reducing the baking time by a few minutes.

Do I need to peel the apples for Mom's Apple Crisp?

Yes, we recommend peeling the apples before slicing them for the crisp. This will result in a smoother texture and prevent any tough or chewy bits in the final dish.

Can I use a different type of apple for Mom's Apple Crisp?

Absolutely! While Granny Smith apples are a classic choice for apple crisp, you can use any type of apple that you prefer. Just keep in mind that different apples may result in slightly different flavors and textures.

Do I need to use a specific type of oats for the crisp topping?

We recommend using old-fashioned rolled oats for the best texture in the crisp topping. Quick oats or steel-cut oats may result in a different texture and may not hold together as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies