• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mommy & Me and Doggie & Me Show: Fun with Food Allergies and Halloween Treats

In summary, a Mommy & Me show was held with pre-made safe cupcakes for children with food allergies to decorate. A demo was also done for the adults. The next theme show will be a Halloween Doggie & Me show and a quick dog treat recipe is needed. Recommendations were given for websites and recipes, including using Mochi for both humans and dogs. The idea of a Mommy & Me show with older children was also discussed. A recipe for doggie meatloaf was shared and suggestions were made for giving out samples of treats as business cards.
Bketchum
I held my first Mommy & Me show this past Friday. It was a lot of fun! We had multiple children with food allergies (including my 7 yr old ds) and pre-made safe cupcakes for the kids to decorate. I had 2 sets of decorator bottles with colored frosting and various candy toppings for the kids to chop in the hand chopper and decorate with. There were 20 kids and 12 adults! I did a demo with the adults and make the Strawberry Cream Trifle. Show sales were below my average and no bookings, but it was fun non-the-less.

My next odd theme show is going to be a Halloween Doggie & Me show! Strange but true! I am hoping to demo a dog treat recipe using PC tools and products but need help with a recipe. If anyone has a QUICK dog treat recipe, can you please forward it to me? The one recipe I have calls for a lot of rolling and cutting out the dough and slow baking at a low temperature. I don't want to be there for hours! I am wondering if I can use the cookie press to make the biscuits.

I like this site - http://www.thepoop.com/pooppantry/

Includes "Breath Busin' Biscuits" "Canine Casserole" "Sheltie Scones" "Veggie Vittles" - many cooked for just 15-20 minutes

I love to make little rice biscuits for my guys. One has a wheat allergy.

There is this product, it's called Mochi, but it's not like what I get in an Asian market. I get this stuff at health food stores, and it's by http://grainaissance.com/mochi.html. It's meant for people, and we love it too.

you cut it into 1-2 inch squares for people, and bake on the stone a few minutes till it puffs up. it has a crispy crust and a chewy center. For people, I put cheese or nut butter (or nothing) inside the little puff and serve it immediately.

For dogs, I want it to keep, so I don't want a chewy center. I cut it (with a good knife, this stuff is densely packed, so it's a hard little brick of rice) into 1/2 or 1/4 inch squares and bake it on the stone, maybe 10-15 min. They are about the size of "training bits". Once they cool, I store them in a tightly closed glass jar. I even keep one on the bench on our porch, one of my neighbors does a little obedience work with the dogs whenever he comes over.

the dogs love these, and I love them cause there is nothing in them but rice or rice and garlic if I get that version.

You can get it at most health food stores.

Attachments

• mochi2.JPG
    mochi2.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 399
  • mochi.JPG
    mochi.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 399
I'm interested in the Mommy & Me concept! I have a 5 year old, so that'd be fun with that age group like you did - but what about doing it with a group of older kids - say ages 10-14ish? Today's host had a 13 year old daughter that was LOVING everything that we were doing. That would be a nice mother/daughter-daughter/son bonding experience too!

I just wish my kitchen was bigger so I could do it at my house... I'd have to find somewhere else to do it... hmm.... =/

I made a doggie meatloaf in the DCB if you are interested in the recipe I'll find it for you.

My next odd theme show is going to be a Halloween Doggie & Me show! Strange but true! I am hoping to demo a dog treat recipe using PC tools and products but need help with a recipe. If anyone has a QUICK dog treat recipe, can you please forward it to me? The one recipe I have calls for a lot of rolling and cutting out the dough and slow baking at a low temperature. I don't want to be there for hours! I am wondering if I can use the cookie press to make the biscuits.[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about making and baking a batch ahead of time and then let the guest mix a batch and roll out and cut one pan for demo. Then you could use the unbaked dough yourself. You could bag up "sample" or snack size packs of the baked treats for the guest to take home.

I sometimes atttach a seasoning sample to a business card. You could bake a batch of treats and put a treat or two in to a small sample size ziplock and hand them out to "the dog lover" and potential customer.

CooknSteph said:
Have you thought about making and baking a batch ahead of time and then let the guest mix a batch and roll out and cut one pan for demo. Then you could use the unbaked dough yourself. You could bag up "sample" or snack size packs of the baked treats for the guest to take home.

I sometimes attach a seasoning sample to a business card. You could bake a batch of treats and put a treat or two in to a small sample size ziplock and hand them out to "the dog lover" and potential customer.

Great idea! I have a booth at our community's crafts fairs in November, I'll do this--with dog treats for the dog lovers and maybe with seasoning for those without dogs.

Not a recipe to demo, but this is what I make EVERY SINGLE WEEK.:yuck:
Our dog has digestive problems and needs to eat a VERY bland diet.

I cook a big batch of brown rice along with a lb. of ground beef or chicken or turkey. When it's done, I add a can of peas or carrots. Then I use my Mix n' Chop to work it all together. It is the most awesome tool for doing this. I resent the fact that I have to make my dog "people food", so if I'm gonna have to do it, it's gonna be Pampered Chef style!

DebinNC said:
Not a recipe to demo, but this is what I make EVERY SINGLE WEEK.:yuck:
Our dog has digestive problems and needs to eat a VERY bland diet.

I cook a big batch of brown rice along with a lb. of ground beef or chicken or turkey. When it's done, I add a can of peas or carrots. Then I use my Mix n' Chop to work it all together. It is the most awesome tool for doing this. I resent the fact that I have to make my dog "people food", so if I'm gonna have to do it, it's gonna be Pampered Chef style!

LOL! I often have to make people food for Max and Paris, too. Sometimes it does look better than what I have planned for us!!!!
I throw the carrots or chopped sweet potato in before I cook it, but it does mean you have to add more water. Also my vet likes me to throw in canned pumpkin at the end. Check with yours before doing it, it's supposed to be rich in fiber.....but make sure not to use pumpkin pie filling---the cans look so much alike!

This is GREAT! My apartment complex has a doggie pampering day about twice a month and I was actually thinking tonight about setting up a pamper your dog treat table to do demo's and have treats for the dogs ... having catalogs and etc there as well!

I'm doing a Kids in the Kitchen show on Saturday... we are making yogurt smoothies with the MFP and Chocolate Covered Pretzels using prep bowl set, Batter Bowl to melt chocolate, etc.

1. What is the "Mommy & Me/Doggie & Me" product?

The "Mommy & Me/Doggie & Me" product is a set of matching aprons designed for parents and their children or fur babies. They are made with high-quality materials and come in a variety of fun patterns and designs.

2. What sizes are available for the aprons?

The aprons come in two sizes: adult and child. The adult aprons have an adjustable neck strap and long ties to fit a range of body types. The child aprons are designed to fit kids ages 3-8 years old.

3. Are the aprons machine washable?

Yes, the "Mommy & Me/Doggie & Me" aprons are machine washable for easy cleaning. We recommend washing them on a gentle cycle and air drying to maintain the quality of the fabric.

4. Can I personalize the aprons with names or monograms?

Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization for the "Mommy & Me/Doggie & Me" aprons at this time. However, you can easily add your own personal touch with iron-on patches or fabric paint.

5. Can I buy just the adult or child apron separately?

Yes, you can purchase the adult or child apron separately if you do not want the set. Simply select the size you need when placing your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
  • chefshawna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • 2crazyboys