• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

College-Ready Dorm Essentials: Mom & Me Show for Teens Going Off to College

In summary, the expert suggests that hosting a mom and me show with teenagers could be a successful way to reach out to their mothers and get their attention. They suggest getting the products in the teenagers' hands and having a fun, interactive show.
dmoorepc
I am hosting my FIRST show next week! I haven't gotten my kit yet, so I haven't been able to tinker around too much. My sister is actually hosting for me, and she is 18 years old. Since most of the people she would invite are going to be around her age, and they are all getting ready to go off to college, I was thinking about doing a show based on that. I want to showcase products that could be easily used in a dorm room, but I am so new to this, I don't know all the products very well yet. My cluster also just recommended that I make it a "Mom & Me" show where the teenagers invite their moms so that the moms will be the main ones purchasing the products (we all know teenagers aren't making tons of extra money!). Has anyone done anything like this before? Any suggestions/ideas to get the ball rolling on this one? I am a bit nervous!!!

search the files, you will find stuff to help you get an idea. I also know that there are threads on here that pertain to dorms and also RVs. I think both of those topics searched will bring you a great amount of information!

I think inviting the moms is going to be a good idea. Like they said, kids going off to college don't have a lot of extra money. And you could say that since they are going off to college they can take some of the old stuff and mom can get some great new pampered chef stuff to restock her kitchen! Also, some great items for the dorm would be like the micro cookers, the small cutting board with a small knife, the food chopper... anything that works with small spaces and a microwave...
I know when my son moved out he got all of my old stuff and I have all new stuff now. Pretty cool! Of course, now, he's been getting some new PC stuff of his own.

Just a thought, I really am not trying to rain on your parade but I am curious how many of these girls will appreciate a "mom & me" theme. You know your sister and likely her friends the best so you will be able to judge but it's sort of awkward to be hanging out at a party, first time on your own, trying to be independent and your mom is sitting right next to you.
I am currently in college and I just can't see most of the girls that are around here going for that sort of thing. I am really not trying to be a party pooper but thought I would say something. :0)

On the other hand, many girls would probably love to have a mother/daughter party. I personally would have liked to get my crazy college friends & our moms together! I think it would have been a blast!! I know I didn't really help w/ your question, but I would try to make it a little more fun than a traditional cooking show!

Good Luck!

The girls that are coming are still in High school, so I am hoping that they won't think its too lame to have their mom come with them. If I was in their shoes, I would look at it like "cool, mom is gonna buy me stuff!" kinda deal. I am crossing my fingers it is successful!

how did this go? I"m doing a mom and me with teens in a couple weeks

I did a show like this with my daughter when she was in high school. It was mainly a way for me to meet her friends and their parents, and get my name out there. But, it was a HUGE success! In fact, I got my biggest single order from that show! Almost $400.00! Be sure that it's interactive. Get the tools in their hands! The girls were very interested in the products and asked a ton of great questions! They did most of the cooking while the moms did a lot of socializing. I'm actually going to do one this fall with my other daughter. God Luck!

oops, that should have been good luck!

It could also be where all the moms sit together and visit w/ each other, and the girls all sit together, that way their moms and the $ are in the room, but they aren't necessarily with their moms. Also, you could have the mom's help put together the main dish, and have an easy dessert that the girls could assemble. (or other way around if you want the girls to have a hands-on experience so they know what to do when they are on their own). Sort of like "Ready for College? Excited to be going out on your own--but don't necessarily know how to fend for yourself in the kitchen? Come to a Cooking Class Party."

I love this idea! Sure, there are girls that won't appreciate it, but I KNOW there are girls that would! And moms too! You could come up with some sort of "Dorm Survival Kit" set along the lines of the DCB set, but a few steps down, filled with stuff they could use in their dorm rooms. AKA -- microcookers, twixits, apple wedger, bar board, quikut knives, etc. I would really like to know how the original party went too!

I have two of these shows coming up(more the high school type instead of college)...do you have flyers you used for invitations? I'm new to this site so maybe they are already on here and I couldn't find them..thanks!!

Danika

I have a list that I gave my Pastor's daughter last year to choose from. I gave her a $30 gift certificate. I got the attached document from here last year. You need to check prices, etc. If I get a chance, I will update it!

Attachments

• DORM ROOM SURVIVAL KIT.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 444

What is the "Mom & Me/Going to College" program?

The "Mom & Me/Going to College" program is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef that allows mothers and their college-bound children to earn free products and discounts through hosting cooking parties and selling Pampered Chef products.

Who is eligible to participate in the "Mom & Me/Going to College" program?

Any mother and her child who is currently in their senior year of high school or a recent high school graduate planning to attend college can participate in the program. Mothers and children must also reside in the same household.

How does the "Mom & Me/Going to College" program work?

Mothers and their children can sign up to be a Pampered Chef consultant team. They will then receive a starter kit with products and materials to host cooking parties and sell Pampered Chef products. For every $650 in sales, they will earn $100 in free products and a 10% discount on any products they purchase.

What are the benefits of participating in the "Mom & Me/Going to College" program?

Besides earning free products and discounts, participating in the "Mom & Me/Going to College" program can also help mothers and their children bond and spend quality time together before the child leaves for college. It also allows the child to earn some extra money for their college expenses.

How can I sign up for the "Mom & Me/Going to College" program?

You can sign up for the "Mom & Me/Going to College" program by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant or visiting the Pampered Chef website. You will need to provide your information and pay a one-time fee of $159 for the starter kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thecougchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Nep2nfly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
amysue80
  • pampered2007