• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Molten Lava Cake in the Oven?

In summary, to make the perfect molten lava cake in the oven, preheat to 375°F (190°C) and grease ramekins with butter. Melt butter and chocolate, whisk eggs, sugar, and vanilla, then combine with chocolate mixture and flour. Pour into ramekins and bake for 12-15 minutes. Use high-quality chocolate for a richer dessert. The cake is done when edges are set and center is slightly jiggly, or when a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. You can make ahead of time and use a regular baking dish, adjusting baking time and greasing well.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Has anyone done the Molten Lava Cake in the batter bowl in the oven? I have a guest last night that used to make it a lot in her microwave but now doesn't use a microwave anymore and wants to know if it can be made in the oven. I've never tried...

PamperedK said:
Has anyone done the Molten Lava Cake in the batter bowl in the oven? I have a guest last night that used to make it a lot in her microwave but now doesn't use a microwave anymore and wants to know if it can be made in the oven. I've never tried...

it doesn't come out the same, also it takes a LONG time to cook....HTH

thanks! :)

1. How do I make the perfect molten lava cake in the oven?

To make the perfect molten lava cake in the oven, you will need to preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease your ramekins with butter. Then, melt together butter and chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Gradually add in the melted chocolate mixture and flour, stirring until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12-15 minutes. Let the cakes cool for a few minutes before carefully flipping them onto plates.

2. Can I use any type of chocolate for molten lava cake in the oven?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for molten lava cake in the oven. However, using high-quality chocolate, such as dark or semi-sweet, will result in a richer and more decadent dessert.

3. How do I know when the molten lava cake is done baking?

The molten lava cake is done baking when the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly. You can also insert a toothpick in the center of the cake - it should come out with some moist crumbs attached, but not completely clean.

4. Can I make molten lava cake in the oven ahead of time?

Yes, you can make molten lava cake in the oven ahead of time. Simply prepare the batter and pour it into the ramekins, then cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. The cakes may need a few extra minutes in the oven if baking from cold.

5. Can I use a regular baking dish instead of ramekins for molten lava cake in the oven?

While ramekins are traditionally used for molten lava cake in the oven, you can use a regular baking dish instead. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly and to grease the dish well so the cake doesn't stick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Shelli
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Tara Volpenhein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefnene