• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie in the Deep Dish Baker?

In summary, the cooking time for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake is approximately 20 minutes. The ingredients needed to make the cake are all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips. Any type of chocolate can be used for the cake, and any oven-safe skillet can be used, though a cast iron skillet is recommended. The batter can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
pcjulie
Has anyone tried the molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie in the Deep Dish Baker? I'd like to make this recipe at an upcoming Show but would like to demonstrate the Stoneware. Thanks!

Julie Myers
Independent Kitchen Consultant

I just did a cake for my daughter's b-day in the deep-dish baker. It turned out really well! I buttered the bottom and sides of the baker and nothing stuck. The cake puffed up in the center, so I flipped it upside down on the plate and you couldn't tell. It looked like a supersize single layer cake.

I modified the mocha cappuccino cake quite a bit, but it kind of looked like that. It was a cherry-chip cake, the filling was creamcheese w/whipped topping and cherry jello for flavour and color, with a sprinkling of grated white chocolate. I brushed the top, and the top of the bottom layer with a hot water/cherry jello mixture (by the way I sliced the cake in half). Instead of piping rosettes on-top, I don't have an Easy Accent Decorator, I just spread more filling on the top and then covered with grated white chocolate.

It tasted yummy, my 4 year old loved it, and it looked like a designer cake!

I have modified several cakes because I don't have a skillet. I use the fluted pan and, now, the deep-dish baker. I just follow the cake mix directions as far as baking time. The fluted pan usually takes 45 mins, while the deep-dish baker took about 40 minutes.

If you are unsure, do a test cake in whichever stoneware piece you have, then remember the baking time and adjust your show accordingly.

I hope it turns out well.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Julie Myers
Independent Kitchen Consultant

What is the cooking time for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake?

The cooking time for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake is approximately 20 minutes.

What ingredients are needed to make the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake?

The ingredients needed to make the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake are all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.

Can I use a different type of chocolate for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake, such as dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate.

Do I need a specific type of skillet to make this cake?

No, you can use any oven-safe skillet for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake. However, we recommend using a cast iron skillet for best results.

Can I make the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the batter for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply pour the batter into the skillet and bake as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pamperedbecky
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam