• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie

In summary, the speakers have been discussing a recipe for Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie, published in The Pampered Chef's 2005 Fall/Winter Season's Best catalog. One speaker had trouble finding the recipe on the company's website, but eventually found it. The recipe involves making a cake-like brownie batter, adding chopped chocolate, and pouring a mixture of water and chocolate fudge ice cream topping on top before baking. The brownie is then topped with almonds and powdered sugar. Some speakers mention variations and substitutions for the recipe. They also discuss other delicious recipes from The Pampered Chef, including the Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes and the Floral Silicone Cupcake Pan.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have been looking for this recipe all over CC. I was beginning to think I had just made it up, and then I remembered to go on Joyce's website. Lo and behold, there it was. So, why wouldn't it be on CC? I swear it was in a SB or cookbook one year, and I've only been a consultant since 2005, so its not like we're talking 25 years ago; that it would be too much to store on CC. Does anyone know where it was published? Now that I knw I'm not completely nuts, I'm curious. Easy there, KG.

I love this recipe! It was in a SB, maybe fall 2005?

You are right, it's 2005. I have my recipes in word and I try and tell where they originally come from.

Here's the recipe.

Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie The Pampered Chef®
2005 Fall/Winter Season's Best

1 package (19-21 ounces) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
1 bar (4 ounces) fine-quality (Ghirardelli) bittersweet chocolate
2 cups water
1 jar (12 ounces) chocolate fudge ice cream topping
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Double Strength Vanilla
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Powdered sugar
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of Family (12-in.) Skillet with nonstick cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Spread batter over bottom of skillet. Cut chocolate into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Sprinkle chocolate evenly over batter.

2. Combine water and ice cream topping in Large Micro-Cooker(R); whisk until well blended using Stainless Whisk. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Whisk until blended; stir in vanilla. (Mixture will be thin.) Carefully pour ice cream topping mixture over brownie batter in a circular pattern.

3. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until sauce is bubbling around edges. (Top of brownie will appear very saucy, but will thicken as it cools.) Using Silicone Oven Mitt, carefully remove skillet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

4. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over brownie. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Spoon brownie into Simple Additions(R) Small Bowls using Nylon Spoon and serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired. Use Easy Accent Decorator using Large Star tip to put Whipped Topping on each piece as you serve it.

Yield: 16 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each
30-second interval. Cool completely.
If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double Strength Vanilla.
If desired: 4 squares (1 ounce each) bittersweet baking chocolate or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels can be substituted for the bittersweet chocolate bar.

OK... for some reason I am missing the FW 2005 SB. I knew I made it before! Thanks, girls!

Can this be done in either the stainless or the nonstick? It looks delicious!

has to be non stick

Well there's a tempting recipe! Great, now I just have to go and try that. My waistline is growing just thinking about it! :D

I loved doing this as second recipe when I did 2 recipes. I didn't clean out the pan at the host's house so I could scrape out the leftovers at home. Mmmm. A great way to promote the 12" skillet as a booking tool.

Another great second recipe was the sticky caramel mini cakes in the floral silicone cupcake pan. I would make them and keep them in the freezer. 15-20 seconds in the microwave and they were perfectly warm. My waistline couldn't take them anymore.

Its one of my favorites! I made it for dessert last night. Its really nice to get back to baking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

To make a Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie, you will need: 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

2. How do I prepare the skillet for the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

Before adding the brownie batter, make sure to grease your skillet with butter or cooking spray. This will prevent the brownie from sticking to the skillet and make it easier to remove after baking.

3. Can I make a Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie in advance?

Yes, you can make the brownie batter in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to bake, let the batter come to room temperature and then bake as directed.

4. How do I know when the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie is done?

The brownie is done when the edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. The center may still seem slightly undercooked, but that's what gives it the "molten" texture.

5. Can I add any toppings to the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie?

Absolutely! You can add toppings such as vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, or fresh berries to make the brownie even more delicious. Just be sure to add them after the brownie has cooled slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • freddydress
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies