• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mold on Stoneware After Water Leakage: Any Suggestions?

In summary, mold on stoneware after water leakage is caused by trapped moisture in the porous surface of the stoneware, providing an ideal environment for mold to grow. To prevent mold, make sure to thoroughly dry the stoneware after each use. If mold is present, it is not recommended to use the stoneware and it should be discarded. To clean mold off stoneware, use a mixture of water and white vinegar and dry completely before storing. Unfortunately, there is no way to repair stoneware with mold, so it is best to replace it for safe and healthy cooking.
cookingmagic
Any advice welcome. Customer has 2 pieces of stoneware purchased last winter that she had stacked on top of each other and stored in a cupboard. Apparently there was water leakage in the cupboard over the summer and when she went to use them beginning of September found blue/green mold on both. Scrubbed them clean, left them on the counter overnight to dry, and the next morning, new mold. Any suggestions?

Call the test kitchens.

Try rubbing them with fresh lemon half and salt and then rinse in HOT water. Worked for a client of mine.

If lemon doesn't work try vinegar. It's fairly effective at killing mold.

replace them. mold spores could have gotten into the pores of the stones and that is why the mold will come back

I agree with replacing them. If they had water damage then I would guess that they made an insurance claim and got paid to replace the damage. If you make a suggestion as to how to clean the stoneware, then you become liable for any health issues they may have as a result.

What causes mold on stoneware after water leakage?

Mold on stoneware after water leakage is caused by trapped moisture in the porous surface of the stoneware. This moisture provides a perfect environment for mold to grow.

How can I prevent mold on stoneware after water leakage?

To prevent mold on stoneware after water leakage, it is important to properly dry the stoneware after each use. Make sure to thoroughly wipe the stoneware with a dry cloth and allow it to air dry before storing it.

Can I still use stoneware with mold after water leakage?

No, it is not recommended to use stoneware with mold after water leakage. Mold can be harmful to your health and can also affect the taste of your food. It is best to discard the stoneware and replace it with a new one.

How do I clean mold off stoneware after water leakage?

To clean mold off stoneware after water leakage, you can use a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar. Scrub the affected area with a soft brush or sponge and then rinse thoroughly. Make sure to dry the stoneware completely before storing.

Is there a way to repair stoneware with mold after water leakage?

Unfortunately, there is no way to repair stoneware with mold after water leakage. The mold can penetrate deep into the porous surface of the stoneware, making it impossible to fully remove. It is best to replace the stoneware to ensure safe and healthy cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lsm72
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RaggedyAunt