• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mojito Torte Question for Bakers :)

In summary, the recipe calls for mint extract. I have peppermint extract. The grocery store didn't have anything besides peppermint. Is there a difference? (wondering if the flavor or intensity is different).
aksusan
Probably a stupid question, but just in case...the recipe calls for mint extract. I have peppermint extract. The grocery store didn't have anything besides peppermint. Is there a difference? (wondering if the flavor or intensity is different).

thanks

ooh, no. DO NOT get the peppermint. WAY too strong. The MINT they are looking for is true mint and it just says MINT. (spearmint) I found it at Walmart

I agree with Sharon peppermint is to strong.

Thank you so much. I'll see if I can make a trip to Walmart today to find it. I can't believe the regular grocery store didn't have that.:)

I know it's late now for aksusan, but I just made the cake, and I too found out after I started that I only had Peppermint extract, when I thought I had mint. I didn't realize there was a difference either. My neighbor didn't have any, and I didn't want to go to the store just for mint extract, so I substituted just 1/8 tsp of Peppermint extract for the 1/2 tsp Mint extract. I didn't notice any strong peppermint flavor and it was quite delicious (the filling...haven't eaten the whole cake yet). I was licking the bowl/spoons and loving it! :D Now, I don't know if the peppermint extract made any change and if I could have just left it out, but I thought it was very delicious and the lime flavor was so good! So if you DO use Peppermint- I would try 1/8 tsp.

good to know. thank you for the info. I did make a trip to the store and found the LAST bottle of plain mint extract. Got RAVE reviews from all on the torte! Will definitely make it again.

So I took my torte to my cluster meeting last night. One of the ladies said she had made the cake for her bridge group and they all thought her torte tasted like Toothpaste- becuase of the mint. So I would suggest using sparingly to taste! You can always add more but you can't take it away! :D I personally loved my recipe version last night- it was all about the lime, baby! and it was GOOOD. Several tried my recipe last night and loved it.

1. What is a Mojito Torte?

A Mojito Torte is a delicious dessert made with layers of lime and mint-flavored sponge cake, filled with a creamy lime and rum filling, and topped with a lime and mint glaze.

2. Is it difficult to make a Mojito Torte?

While it may seem intimidating, making a Mojito Torte is actually quite simple. With the right ingredients and a little bit of patience, anyone can make this delicious dessert!

3. Can I make a non-alcoholic version of the Mojito Torte?

Absolutely! You can easily omit the rum from the filling and glaze to make a non-alcoholic version of the Mojito Torte. The lime and mint flavors will still shine through and make for a delicious treat.

4. Do I need any special equipment to make a Mojito Torte?

No, you do not need any special equipment to make a Mojito Torte. However, a stand mixer or electric hand mixer will make the process easier.

5. How should I store a Mojito Torte?

A Mojito Torte should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. It is best to let it come to room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • shelly.nurse