• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Mojito Torte Recipe: Dark Rum, Mint Extract, Yellow Cake Mix, and More!

Dark rum- Mint extract- Yellow cake mix- LimesIn summary, the conversation is about someone asking for the ingredients for a recipe called "Creamy Mojito Torte" from the Pampered Chef, which includes dark rum, mint extract, yellow cake mix, and limes. The recipe also requires nonstick cooking spray, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and frozen whipped topping. The instructions and shopping list are also provided.
shelly.nurse
Help I am at the DMV and forgot the recipe at homen would someone be kind enough to post the ingredients? I know that it has dark rum, mint extract, yellow cake mix, and of course limes, but not sure of the rest. I wanted to practice the recipe this weekend for the demo I have later this week! Thanks in advance!!

The Pampered Chef ®
Creamy Mojito Torte
RecipeNonstick cooking spray with flour
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp dark rum, divided
1 pkg (18.25 oz) butter recipe yellow cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
3 limes, divided
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp mint extract
1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Torte Pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 8-in. circles of Parchment Paper over centers of pans; set aside. Substituting 1/2 cup of the rum for 1/2 cup of the water, prepare cake mix according to package directions in Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl. Whisk batter 1 minute. Divide batter between pans, spreading evenly to edges. Bake 14-16 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean.For glaze, combine 1/4 cup of the sugar and remaining 2 tbsp rum in Prep Bowl. Remove pans from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 5 minutes. Invert one cake onto Simple Additions® Large Round Platter. Invert second cake onto cooling rack. Brush wells of both cakes with glaze.For filling, zest two of the limes using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 2 tsp zest. Juice zested limes to measure 3 tbsp juice. In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine juice, zest, cream cheese, mint extract and remaining 1 cup sugar. Whisk briskly until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and mix until very thick. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with 1/2 cup of the filling and set aside.Slice remaining lime. Cut slices into quarters. Spread half the remaining filling into well of cake on platter. Slide Large Spreader between second cake and cooling rack. Carefully place cake well-side up over filling. Spread remaining filling into well. Pipe rosettes around cake; garnish with lime slices.Yield: 16 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 0 gCook's Tip: To substitute rum extract for the rum, prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding 1 tsp rum extract. For glaze, use 1/2 tsp rum extract with 2 tbsp water; combine with powdered sugar as directed.Shopping List

No problem! Here is the full recipe for a delicious rum and lime cake:Ingredients:- 1 box yellow cake mix- 1/2 cup dark rum- 1/2 cup vegetable oil- 1/4 cup water- 4 eggs- 1 tsp mint extract- Zest and juice of 2 limes- 1/4 cup powdered sugar- 1/4 cup lime juice- 1/4 cup dark rum- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup dark rum, vegetable oil, water, eggs, mint extract, and the zest and juice of 2 limes. Mix until well combined.3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.4. While the cake is still warm, poke holes all over the top with a fork.5. In a small saucepan, combine the powdered sugar, 1/4 cup lime juice, and 1/4 cup dark rum. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.6. Pour the hot glaze over the warm cake, making sure it seeps into the holes.7. Let the cake cool completely before serving. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.Enjoy your delicious rum and lime cake!

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Mojito Torte?

To make a delicious Mojito Torte, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup white rum
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped

2. Can I use pre-made graham cracker crust for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a pre-made graham cracker crust for convenience. Simply skip the step of making the crust from scratch and proceed with the rest of the recipe as directed.

3. Is it necessary to use fresh lime juice for this recipe?

We highly recommend using fresh lime juice for the best flavor. However, if you don't have fresh lime juice on hand, you can use bottled lime juice as a substitute.

4. Can I substitute the rum with a non-alcoholic ingredient?

If you prefer to make a non-alcoholic version of this torte, you can use rum extract instead of white rum. Use 1 teaspoon of rum extract for every 1/4 cup of white rum called for in the recipe.

5. Can I make this torte ahead of time?

Yes, this torte can be made ahead of time. We recommend refrigerating it for at least 4 hours before serving to allow it to set properly. You can also make it the day before and refrigerate overnight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies