• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moist Cornbread Recipe: How to Make Perfectly Soft and Fluffy Cornbread

In summary, the conversation is discussing various ways to make cornbread more moist and flavorful. Some tips include adding cream corn and butter to the Jiffy box mix, adding cheese and jalapeno for a kick, and using the Martha White box mix. There is also mention of a unique way to bake the cornbread using a cardboard oven and adding pumpkin for a dessert-like twist. One person also shares a recipe using a Jiffy box mix and yellow cake mix. The conversation ends with a clarification about the "White Box" being a brand of cornbread mix.
minirottie
I've tried homemade with corn meal, and the jiffy box, but both to me are too dry and crumbly...does anyone have a good recipe that makes it more "cakelike" for lack of a better term?

I take the jiffy box and add a can of cream corn to the recipe instead of the water. Then I dot the batter with about a 1/3 stick of butter before baking. YUM!

Brenda.the.chef said:
I take the jiffy box and add a can of cream corn to the recipe instead of the water. Then I dot the batter with about a 1/3 stick of butter before baking. YUM!

Great tip!! I'll try doing that

to the Jiffy mix I add grated cheddar cheese and a finely diced jalapeno. the jalapeno doesn't ad a lot of heat (but some!) and the cheese keeps it moist

sprinkle the top with Chili lime rum. pretty and tasty too.

Brenda.the.chef said:

I've done this, and love it. But we also recently made Cornbread using the Martha White box mix...it was delicious!! We didn't do anything but add milk, and it had a perfect sweetness and moistness to it. And we used a cardboard oven!! (Campfire - oven is lined with foil, and then my DH used charcoal to bring it up to temperature like an oven, then cooked his cornbread. It was great.)

I've had the Martha White before and agree it is great. Has anyone every tried Pumpkin cornbread? Could actually be a dessert. yum!

I would love to have the recipe for pumpkin cornbread. Sounds yummy!

Not exactly sure how it works, but my sis-in-law makes the best and most moist corn bread and she uses a jiffy box and yellow cake together. I think it is half and half.

What is White Box?? Is that a brand?? Just curious.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
What is White Box?? Is that a brand?? Just curious.

I was talking about a box mix from "Martha White". I think it was a red box...about the same size as a "Jiffy" box.

What ingredients do I need to make a moist cornbread?

To make a moist cornbread, you will need all-purpose flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, sugar, milk, eggs, and melted butter. You can also add in optional ingredients like diced jalapenos or shredded cheese for extra flavor.

Can I substitute the flour with a gluten-free alternative?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to use a 1:1 ratio and follow the rest of the recipe as written.

How long should I bake the cornbread for?

The baking time may vary depending on your oven, but on average, it takes about 20-25 minutes for the cornbread to bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. To ensure it is fully cooked, insert a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the cornbread is ready.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cornbread batter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature before baking for best results.

Can I use a different type of milk instead of regular milk?

Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond milk or oat milk. Just keep in mind that the flavor and texture may vary slightly from using regular milk.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KelleyD
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Jennie50