• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortless Mock Lemon Meringue Cake Recipe for Busy Bakers

In summary, a Mock Lemon Meringue Cake is a dessert that imitates the flavors of a traditional lemon meringue pie. It is made with layers of lemon-flavored cake, creamy filling, and a fluffy meringue topping. The recipe uses a combination of cake mix and pudding mix, but fresh lemons can also be used for a more intense flavor. The meringue topping is made by beating egg whites, cream of tartar, and sugar until stiff peaks form. The cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, but the meringue topping should be added right before serving for best results.
muffetts
Gold Member
so, I haven't been able to find a 9 oz pkg of cake mix. :cry:
So.... this is what I've come up and I suggest it to you all.:sing:

Double the cake portion of the recipe (ie use a normal box of cake mix -510 g box) and double the sour cream etc. for the cake batter. Bake 2 cakes at the same time and offer to bring a cooled cake to the show. This will shorten the demo time, and there's still enough to demo to make the filling, topping and decorate the cake. You can brush the cake with the glaze at the show too.

Good luck!!
:blushing:

Just cut it in half. I've found that normal 18 oz cake boxes are 4 cups so you can just use 2 cups of mix.

I just made this yesterday - I doubled everything (cake, filling, and topping), and baked it in the large bar pan (I was making it for a bigger event, so figured that was easier than making two tortes).
AWESOME!!! Everyone loved it!! I got a number of recipe requests - now I just need to put in my supply order and get those recipe cards... instant advertising!Lorraine

Last edited:
You may also be able to find the new Duncan Hines "Cupcake Mix". Walmart and my local chains all have it....it's near the regular cake mixes- probably on the top shelf with the other "specialty" cakes. But it's a 9 oz size...I've seen Golden and Devil's Food flavors so far.

I like this idea. Just in case you want to look again for a 9 oz cake mix, I found that there is a cupcake size that is sold in my grocery store.

Bobbi, beat me this time... I was typing when she posted. :)

1. What is a "Mock Lemon Meringue Cake"?

A Mock Lemon Meringue Cake is a delicious dessert that mimics the flavors of a traditional lemon meringue pie. It consists of layers of lemon-flavored cake, creamy filling, and a fluffy meringue topping.

2. Is the cake made from scratch or with a mix?

Our Mock Lemon Meringue Cake recipe uses a combination of cake mix and pudding mix to create a moist and flavorful cake. You can also use your own homemade cake mix if preferred.

3. Can I use fresh lemons for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh lemons to add a more intense lemon flavor to the cake. We recommend using the zest and juice of 2-3 lemons to achieve the desired taste.

4. How do I make the meringue topping for the cake?

To make the meringue topping, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the cake and bake in the oven for a few minutes until lightly browned.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. However, we recommend adding the meringue topping right before serving for the best texture and taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kkimpinski
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Chef Shari