1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mock Lemon Meringue Cake

1. muffetts

muffetts Member Gold Member

so, I haven't been able to find a 9 oz pkg of cake mix. :cry:
    So.... this is what I've come up and I suggest it to you all.:sing:

Double the cake portion of the recipe (ie use a normal box of cake mix -510 g box) and double the sour cream etc. for the cake batter. Bake 2 cakes at the same time and offer to bring a cooled cake to the show. This will shorten the demo time, and there's still enough to demo to make the filling, topping and decorate the cake. You can brush the cake with the glaze at the show too.

Good luck!!
    :blushing:

Aug 21, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Just cut it in half. I've found that normal 18 oz cake boxes are 4 cups so you can just use 2 cups of mix.

Aug 21, 2009
  3. cheflorraine

cheflorraine Member Gold Member

I just made this yesterday - I doubled everything (cake, filling, and topping), and baked it in the large bar pan (I was making it for a bigger event, so figured that was easier than making two tortes).
    AWESOME!!! Everyone loved it!! I got a number of recipe requests - now I just need to put in my supply order and get those recipe cards... instant advertising!

Lorraine

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    Aug 26, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

You may also be able to find the new Duncan Hines "Cupcake Mix". Walmart and my local chains all have it....it's near the regular cake mixes- probably on the top shelf with the other "specialty" cakes. But it's a 9 oz size...I've seen Golden and Devil's Food flavors so far.

Aug 26, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I like this idea. Just in case you want to look again for a 9 oz cake mix, I found that there is a cupcake size that is sold in my grocery store.

6. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Bobbi, beat me this time... I was typing when she posted. :)

Have something to add?