• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Latest in Mobile Payment Fobs: All You Need to Know!

In summary, the mobile payment fob like the square is a very interesting and useful tool, but PC has not announced anything about it.
safariphoto
Gold Member
Did anyone hear more about the mobile payment fob like the square?

That would be very interesting and useful tool. Has PC made an announcement?

I got an email awhile back and I deleted it.

Do you mean "fob" as in a device that can hang from a bag or purse? Or the card reader itself? PC does have a card reader for the app.

Yes the credit card reader.

If you are talking about the Card Reader, it is currently available on the Supply Order. It is called the TPC Mobile Card Reader (Item #TB04). Description from the website says: "Enter credit card information quickly with a simple swipe. Works only with the TPC Mobile App*. The reader securely saves and encrypts the card information, with no per-transaction charge. (The reader does not authorize the card or collect payment; this occurs when the Show is submitted.) *The mobile app is available to Consultants who have an eBizTools™ subscription."It is $29.00.I do not have it (yet), so cannot attest to how it works, but sounds like a very useful and convenient tool!

I DO have it and it works great as long as you have the right device. .... tried 4 different android tablets. ... worked on none. ... it does work on my note 2 phone tho. Plan on using ipad if you want the reader on a tablet.

kimmers39 said:
I DO have it and it works great as long as you have the right device. .... tried 4 different android tablets. ... worked on none. ... it does work on my note 2 phone tho. Plan on using ipad if you want the reader on a tablet.
I would be sure to report that to Home Office Tech support. That seems like a big issue to me. I got a Samsung Galaxy 2.0 Tablet when I upgraded my phone this summer...it was "free" and I just pay the extra for cell service. I did that for the express purpose of using it at shows. If the card reader doesn't work, that just adds an unnecessary step, that's for sure.

I HAVE reported all to HO.... they even gave me a list of devices it had been tested on. On that list was Kindle fire hd which I have and you can't even download the app to it. Unfortunately for us android lovers it just isn't coming fast enough.
I suggest you add an order to a show and try to check out with card reader and then you can delete order (or delete payment) to see if it works

Hi guys - New here but I am struggling with the same issues. It works on my Note 4 but not my Galaxy Tab. I found a slight workaround though. If you use Samsung's Side sync app you can project your phone to your tablet and use your phone to scan the card but take advantage of the larger tablet display screen. It isn't perfect, but I guess it's better than buying an iPad.

I have the new card reader but no instructions on how to use it. What do i do?

What is a Mobile Payment Fob?

A Mobile Payment Fob is a small device that can be attached to a keychain or kept in a wallet, and is used to make contactless payments using your mobile phone. It works by storing your credit or debit card information and transmitting it to a payment terminal when tapped or held near the device.

How does the Mobile Payment Fob work?

The Mobile Payment Fob uses Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to communicate with payment terminals. When you tap or hold the fob near the terminal, it transmits your card information securely and completes the payment transaction.

Is the Mobile Payment Fob secure?

Yes, the Mobile Payment Fob is secure. It uses the same technology as contactless credit and debit cards, and your card information is encrypted and protected from potential fraud. Additionally, most fobs require a PIN or biometric authentication to authorize a payment, adding an extra layer of security.

Can I use the Mobile Payment Fob with any smartphone?

In most cases, yes. The Mobile Payment Fob works with smartphones that have NFC technology, which is becoming increasingly common in newer models. However, it's always best to check with your phone's manufacturer to ensure compatibility before purchasing a fob.

Are there any fees or additional costs associated with using a Mobile Payment Fob?

Generally, no. Using a Mobile Payment Fob does not typically incur any additional fees or costs, and the transaction process is the same as using a contactless card. However, if your fob is linked to a credit card, you may still be subject to any applicable interest or fees from your credit card company. It's always best to check with your bank or credit card provider for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb Bixler
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76