1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mobile payment fob

1. safariphoto

safariphoto Gold Member

Did anyone hear more about the mobile payment fob like the square?

Oct 14, 2014
  2. Admin Greg

Admin Greg Senior Member Staff Member

That would be very interesting and useful tool. Has PC made an announcement?

Oct 14, 2014
  3. safariphoto

safariphoto Gold Member

I got an email awhile back and I deleted it.

Oct 14, 2014
  4. Do you mean "fob" as in a device that can hang from a bag or purse? Or the card reader itself? PC does have a card reader for the app.

Oct 15, 2014
  5. safariphoto

safariphoto Gold Member

Yes the credit card reader.

Oct 15, 2014
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

If you are talking about the Card Reader, it is currently available on the Supply Order. It is called the TPC Mobile Card Reader (Item #TB04). Description from the website says: "Enter credit card information quickly with a simple swipe. Works only with the TPC Mobile App*. The reader securely saves and encrypts the card information, with no per-transaction charge. (The reader does not authorize the card or collect payment; this occurs when the Show is submitted.) *The mobile app is available to Consultants who have an eBizTools™ subscription."

It is $29.00.

I do not have it (yet), so cannot attest to how it works, but sounds like a very useful and convenient tool!

Oct 15, 2014
  7. I DO have it and it works great as long as you have the right device. .... tried 4 different android tablets. ... worked on none. ... it does work on my note 2 phone tho. Plan on using ipad if you want the reader on a tablet.

Oct 16, 2014
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I would be sure to report that to Home Office Tech support. That seems like a big issue to me. I got a Samsung Galaxy 2.0 Tablet when I upgraded my phone this summer...it was "free" and I just pay the extra for cell service. I did that for the express purpose of using it at shows. If the card reader doesn't work, that just adds an unnecessary step, that's for sure.

Oct 16, 2014
  9. I HAVE reported all to HO.... they even gave me a list of devices it had been tested on. On that list was Kindle fire hd which I have and you can't even download the app to it. Unfortunately for us android lovers it just isn't coming fast enough.
    I suggest you add an order to a show and try to check out with card reader and then you can delete order (or delete payment) to see if it works

Oct 16, 2014
  10. Hi guys - New here but I am struggling with the same issues. It works on my Note 4 but not my Galaxy Tab. I found a slight workaround though. If you use Samsung's Side sync app you can project your phone to your tablet and use your phone to scan the card but take advantage of the larger tablet display screen. It isn't perfect, but I guess it's better than buying an iPad.

Jan 8, 2015
  11. I have the new card reader but no instructions on how to use it. What do i do?

Have something to add?