• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Remove a Mix 'N Scraper Stain: Tips for a Customer

In summary, the customer's Mix 'N Scraper had little cuts in it and she is concerned that it may not last long. She is worried that it may not be covered under the company's warranty, so she would like to send it back.
Jenn'sKitchen
Gold Member
I had a customer say that her Mix 'N Scraper stain. I don't have many more details but what could I tell her to do. She didn't purchase it from me but I would like to give her a suggestion. Any thoughts? :confused:

A few suggestions...~She can run it through the dishwasher
~She can soak it in water with a little bleach
~She can put it in a dark place, like in a paper bag and in a cupboard (I don't
know why this works, but it does)

I have had mine look like they are going to stain, but then once they have gone through the dishwasher, they are fine!

HTH
Kelly :rolleyes:

She can make a paste out of a little bit of Dishwasher detergent (like Cascade or something) and smear it on the scrapper and let it sit for a while - then run it through the dishwasher. This has worked for me in the past. :)

Mix n Scraper problemI am a new consultant and have had my mix n scraper for about two months. I noticed tonight that it has little cuts in the side of it. I do not remember seeing this when I last washed it. (PS, I also hand wash all my PC stuff, and I very rarely use my dishwasher) Has anyone else had problems like this? I'm worried, as I have already had to request a new egg slicer plus and two of the new stainless bowls be replaced because of problems. I really didn't expect this from PC products. Your response would be appreciated. Thanks, Jacque :eek:

Did you use it to scrape out the inside of a can, not opened with our can opener?
I have an old scraper, before the can opener came out, and it has nicks along the side of it.

Kris

mix and scraper problemKris, I haven't used it to scrape out any cans. I only have used it in my classic batter bowl. That's why I am at odds to why the little nicks are in the side of the scraper.

scraperI would send it back. I had that happen to mine over a year ago and they had no problem replacing it. That is why Pampered Chef is so good, they have guarantees. We have to figure that for as much Pampered Chef products are made, there are probably bound to be some that are defective. Don't worry about sending things back, that is good customer service on your part. :) Brenda

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that your customer is dealing with a stain on her Mix 'N Scraper. Here are a few tips that may help:1. Try soaking the Mix 'N Scraper in warm soapy water for a few hours before scrubbing the stain with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth.2. You can also try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently scrub the stained area.3. For tougher stains, white vinegar can be used as a natural cleaner. Simply mix equal parts of white vinegar and water, and soak the Mix 'N Scraper in the solution for a couple of hours before scrubbing the stain.4. If the stain persists, you can also try using a small amount of dish soap directly on the stain and letting it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing.I hope these tips help your customer remove the stain from her Mix 'N Scraper. If the stain still won't come out, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team for further assistance. Thank you!

1. How can I remove stains from my Mix 'N Scraper?

To remove stains from your Mix 'N Scraper, start by soaking it in warm soapy water for about 15-20 minutes. Then, scrub the stained area with a mixture of baking soda and water, using a soft sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if necessary. You can also try using a paste of equal parts baking soda and white vinegar for tougher stains. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the scraper.

2. Can I put my Mix 'N Scraper in the dishwasher?

Yes, the Mix 'N Scraper is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential damage from the dishwasher's high heat and harsh detergents. Always make sure to thoroughly rinse and dry the scraper after washing.

3. How do I prevent staining on my Mix 'N Scraper?

To prevent staining on your Mix 'N Scraper, avoid using it on hot surfaces or with hot ingredients that can cause discoloration. Also, try to clean it immediately after each use, especially if you have used it with ingredients known for causing stains, such as tomato sauce or curry. Using a cooking spray or oil on the scraper before using it can also help prevent stains.

4. My Mix 'N Scraper has a lingering odor, how do I get rid of it?

If your Mix 'N Scraper has a lingering odor, try soaking it in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for about 30 minutes. Then, scrub it with a mixture of baking soda and water, rinse, and dry thoroughly. This should help eliminate any unpleasant smells. You can also try placing it in direct sunlight for a few hours, as the sun's UV rays can help remove odors.

5. Can I use my Mix 'N Scraper for hot cooking?

Yes, the Mix 'N Scraper is safe to use for hot cooking. It is made with high-quality silicone that can withstand high temperatures without warping or melting. However, it is always recommended to use caution and not leave the scraper in direct contact with heat for extended periods, as it can still get hot and potentially cause burns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kltaylo
  • leahevanson
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
rlombas