• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Soapy Smell and Taste in My Mix 'n Scraper

Your Pampered Chef consultantIn summary, a guest asked about a soapy smell and taste on her Mix 'n Scraper after washing it in the dishwasher. Suggestions were given to soak the scraper in vinegar or baking soda solutions, scrub with lemon juice, or possibly replace it if the issue persists.
ddcook
Hi,

I just had my first show! It went well, and appears to still be growing :)

One of the guests asked me about her Mix 'n Scraper. She says that she washes it in her dishwasher, on the top rack. But it now has a soapy smell AND taste. :confused:

Has anyone else heard of this? Any ideas of how to get rid of it?

Thank you in advance ~

I would ask how long she's had it and if it's still within warranty to contact HO and exchange it. It should not taste or smell like soap it's pure silicone.

www.pamperedchef.biz/darcyskitchenHi Darcy,Congrats on your first show! That's great news.As for the Mix 'n Scraper, I have not personally heard of this issue, but I have a few suggestions based on my knowledge of our products.1. Try soaking the scraper in a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. This can help remove any soap residue and eliminate any odors.2. If the soapy taste is still present, try soaking the scraper in a solution of baking soda and water. Baking soda is known for its ability to absorb odors and can help neutralize any remaining soap taste.3. If the above methods do not work, try scrubbing the scraper with a mixture of baking soda and lemon juice. Lemon juice is a natural cleanser and can help remove any lingering odors or tastes.4. If all else fails, you may need to replace the scraper. It is possible that the dishwasher has caused some damage to the material of the scraper, which may be causing the smell and taste.I hope one of these methods works for your guest and she can continue to enjoy her Mix 'n Scraper without any issues. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.Best of luck with your future shows!Sincerely,

1. Why does my Mix 'n Scraper have a soapy smell and taste?

The Mix 'n Scraper is made from food-grade silicone which can sometimes pick up scents and flavors from strong-smelling foods or cleaning products. This can cause a soapy smell and taste.

2. How can I get rid of the soapy smell and taste?

To remove the soapy smell and taste from your Mix 'n Scraper, we recommend soaking it in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for 30 minutes. Then, rinse it thoroughly with clean water and allow it to air dry.

3. Can I still use my Mix 'n Scraper with the soapy smell and taste?

While the soapy smell and taste may be unpleasant, it is not harmful and will not affect the performance of your Mix 'n Scraper. However, if the smell and taste persist, we recommend following the steps to remove it.

4. How can I prevent my Mix 'n Scraper from picking up scents and flavors?

To avoid your Mix 'n Scraper from picking up scents and flavors, try to limit its contact with strong-smelling foods and cleaning products. You can also wash it immediately after use and store it in a well-ventilated area.

5. Is the Mix 'n Scraper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mix 'n Scraper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it to prevent any scents or flavors from transferring onto other dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maragib
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • ChefJen2012
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Shannen