• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mix n Chop: Amazing Pineapple Wedger Tool & Fresh Pineapple Salsa Recipe!

I have. It works if you make sure that you cut enough off each end to make sure the wedger is starting on flesh and not rind. However, since a cantaloupe is so much rounder than a pineapple, it's a bit more challenging to get nice, even slices. You may also want to try using a melon baller instead.Thanks Ladies! These are some great tips!! Specially the one about pulling on the leaf.... that is good to know! Have any of you tried using it on a cantaloupe?I have. It works if you make sure that you cut enough off each end to make sure the wedger is starting on flesh and not rind. However, since
pkd09
Silver Member
This is my new Mix n Chop! I usually ask each of my hosts if there is anything particular they would like me to bring to their show. It seems they all want me to bring the Pineapple Wedger. They purchase the pineapple...I demo how to use it....I am selling a lot of them! This is a great tool. I am including the page posted here from a consultant on Pineapple Wedger tips with each one purchased (the one with the Fresh Pineapple Salsa recipe).

Thank you HO for giving us another awesome tool for our guests:love:

I did my first show since I received my pineapple wedger on Saturday. I wasn't planning on using it at all, but she just happened to have bought this pineapple which was pretty green. We tried it out, and it was very difficult -- hard to not groan when you try to make it look so easy (LOL). I did explain to everyone some of the things to look for in a ripe pineapple. Two were sold, amazingly, after my faulty demo.

I did explain to everyone some of the things to look for in a ripe pineapple. Two were sold, amazingly, after my faulty demo.
Could you share some of those tips on picking a good pineapple? I just know not to pick one that is too green, anything else?Thanks!

You want to make sure that the outside of the pineapple is yellow in color (in the eyes). You can also pick off a leaf from the top. It it easily comes off, it is ripe. Also smell is the best way, but you won't want people to see you sticking your nose up to the skin :0

Jackie's right - look for yellow. They're called "golden pineapples" for a reason. Get the one that's got the most yellow of all the pineapples in the bin. It'll not only be ripe enough to make cutting easier, it'll be sweeter when you eat it.

Great tips ladies...thank you. I love passing on tips to my customers and these will definitely help.

I used my pineapple wedger Saturday for the first time...made that fabulous pineapple salsa. It was so good. All of my counters are tall and I am short, so I had to actually put the cutting board on the floor and get on my knees to make it work. It worked great. I had no problems cutting the pineapple...but I can't put my cutting board on my hosts floor, so I am trying to figure out the best way to demo it. Maybe cut the pineapple in half and then do two seperate pieces instead of one big piece.

Shawnna said:
I used my pineapple wedger Saturday for the first time...made that fabulous pineapple salsa. It was so good. All of my counters are tall and I am short, so I had to actually put the cutting board on the floor and get on my knees to make it work. It worked great. I had no problems cutting the pineapple...but I can't put my cutting board on my hosts floor, so I am trying to figure out the best way to demo it. Maybe cut the pineapple in half and then do two seperate pieces instead of one big piece.
You'll want to check out the handout that's in the files called Pineapple Wedger Tips. It's very helpful and is great to e-mail or hand out to guests who purchase it.But yes, it's easier if you cut it in half because they won't be as tall and you'll get better leverage. Also, try using your table instead, it's not as high as your countertops (typically). I think someone also mentioned putting it in her sink.

Thanks Ladies! These are some great tips!! Specially the one about pulling on the leaf.... that is good to know! Have any of you tried using it on a cantaloupe?

Yes, cutting it in half makes it so much easier to cut!

Shawnna: Tell your guests that you are going to cut it in half because you are going to use one half demoing how to use it, then the other half a guest will try it. This is making it look like that is how you demo it instead of focusing on your vertically challenged status.

set-n-stone said:
Thanks Ladies! These are some great tips!! Specially the one about pulling on the leaf.... that is good to know! Have any of you tried using it on a cantaloupe?

I have. It works if you make sure that you cut enough off each end to make sure the wedger is starting on flesh and not rind. However, since a cantaloupe is so much rounder than a pineapple it leaves a lot of flesh in the rind.

pkd09 said:
Shawnna: Tell your guests that you are going to cut it in half because you are going to use one half demoing how to use it, then the other half a guest will try it. This is making it look like that is how you demo it instead of focusing on your vertically challenged status.

What a great idea!!!

A friend from Thailand told me that when you bring a pineapple home from the store you should stand it upside down while it is continuing to ripen in your house, which apparently makes it juicier? Anyway, I always do that and they are great!

gailz2 said:
A friend from Thailand told me that when you bring a pineapple home from the store you should stand it upside down while it is continuing to ripen in your house, which apparently makes it juicier? Anyway, I always do that and they are great!

Do you remove the leaves somehow? Doesn't it fall over?

I've set one of our silicone potholders in my clean kitchen sink, then cut off the two ends of the pineapple, and set the pineapple on the potholders to use the cutter. I
had to do that for my husband when I asked him to use the cutter for me. My one
shoulder was sore that morning, and I did not want to aggrevate it. We are not finding very many pineapples the right size to be cutting off the outside peel. So, my preferred method is to use our forged cutlery to cut off the outside peel, then use the pineapple
cutter on the whole peeled pineapple. I then place the individual, four wedges on a cutting board and complete the dicing.

What is the Mix n Chop and how does it work?

The Mix n Chop is a kitchen tool designed to easily chop and mix ingredients without having to use a cutting board and knife. It has sharp stainless steel blades that can effectively chop through fruits, vegetables, and even cooked meats. To use, simply hold the handle and press down on the ingredients, using a rocking motion to chop and mix at the same time.

Can the Mix n Chop be used to cut pineapple?

Yes, the Mix n Chop can be used to cut pineapple into wedges. The sharp blades make it easy to cut through the tough skin and soft flesh of the pineapple. We also offer the Amazing Pineapple Wedger Tool, which is specifically designed for cutting pineapples into perfect wedges with minimal effort.

Is the Mix n Chop dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mix n Chop is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water to prolong the life of the blades. The handle is designed to be comfortable and easy to grip, making hand washing a breeze.

Can the Mix n Chop be used for making salsa?

Absolutely! The Mix n Chop is perfect for making fresh salsa at home. Use it to chop tomatoes, onions, peppers, and herbs for a delicious and easy homemade salsa. You can also use the Amazing Pineapple Wedger Tool to quickly cut up fresh pineapple for a sweet and tangy addition to your salsa.

Does Pampered Chef offer a recipe for fresh pineapple salsa?

Yes, we do! We have a delicious and simple Fresh Pineapple Salsa recipe that is perfect for parties, potlucks, or just a refreshing snack. You can find the recipe on our website or in our product catalog. And don't forget to use the Mix n Chop and Amazing Pineapple Wedger Tool for easy preparation!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • chefkathy