• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wrong Name on Check to Pampered Chef: What to Do?

In summary, if you have a check written to the wrong name, you can get their approval to write your name and initial. You can also try to get a credit card number but have a feeling she'll be hard to get in touch with.
beepampered
I have a check written to Pampered Chef - not me. What do you do if you have a check written to the wrong name? Can you get their approval to write my name and initial? I suppose I could try to get a credit card number but have a feeling she'll be hard to get in touch with. Thanks for suggestions....

I was in the same situation once and just crossed out PC wrote in my name and initialed it and it went right through. I called and emailed the lady and she was fine with it and understood that I was in a bind time wise.

You will have to get a new check made out to you. Some banks might not take it. I would just try to get in touch with her to issue another check or if not ask if she can put it on her credit card or debit card, so that you are not waiting for the new check.

Last edited:
I've just sent them through before. My bank knows what I do; and they told me that the banks aren't even supposed to "see" what's written, since they just go through & scan the numbers--unless there's a problem, then they'll look at the check closer.

My bank called me to tell me that they can't take the check made out to PC.

Some take it - some don't...hence why I have checks made out to the host - then I only have to worry about her payment not weeding through all of them.

I usually stamp the back with my Pampered Chef stamp. It has pampered chef on it, and my name and my bank never says a word.

My bank has accepted them like this before. I have Pampered Chef after my name on my account.

I have just written my name after PC before and I've never had a problem. I have PC on my account as well.

My bank takes them.

A sister consultant will write her name after PC in the "to" line and her bank takes them too.

I have had checks like this before... I just write my name next to Pc...I have PC on my account and my banks takes them not a problem.

I just have my bank put a "for deposit only" stamp on the back instead of signing my name. That seems to work well.

That happened to me. I just had the lady cross it out and initial it and it went through.

I have had this happen and I just add my name and the word consultant to it and it's gone through!

I just had this happen and only noticed when the teller pointed it out when I was depositing yesterday. She talked to the manager and the manager said that as long as my name was after it it would be okay. I don't have a PC account, so it was my personal one, but the teller said that she could tell that they were for PC (others had PC in the memo line and I had a PC deposit bag and shirt!). Also almost every debit from my account this month has been from PC, so she felt comfortable.

I would add your name to the end and see if they take it. Worse thing that happens is they don't- then you can call and work something out with the guest.

Happens to me occasionally. Ask your bank. As long as I stamp the back of my checks with my name and account number and deposit them, I don't have any problem.

I haven't ever had a problem, but then I live in Podunkville. I believe if you are familiar with your tellers you wouldn't have a problem.

just write in - /your name.

I also have my acct set up as MY NAME cons for the Pampered Chef.
This way it doesn't matter who they write it to.

I just had a check the other day written out to Pampered Chef, then the lady crossed it out and put my name and the bank still wouldn't take it. They said it was obviously her handwriting, but against policy to take an altered check. I had to have her rewrite the check. What a pain! I really think it depends on who you get at the window. Good luck!

I've never had a problem with my bank taking these. I wish people would pay more attention to me when I say write the check out to "x" NOT PC.

I've also had no problem with my bank taking them. However, when you're at the end of your demo, do you specifically state for them to make the checks payable to you? I've started doing that, and it helps, let me tell ya!

My bank has always taken them... however, this thread has made me think I need to get a vista print free stamp made up with please make checks payable to xxx so I can stamp order forms with that.

supergirljennie said:
I have just written my name after PC before and I've never had a problem. I have PC on my account as well.

This is exactly what I do and the bank is who told me to do this the first time this happen to me.

~

pcchris said:
I've also had no problem with my bank taking them. However, when you're at the end of your demo, do you specifically state for them to make the checks payable to you? I've started doing that, and it helps, let me tell ya!
I do that, too. At the end of my demo I usually say that:
If you're placing an order tonight, I accept cash with 3 forms of ID (that usually gets a laugh), checks made out to me, credit/debit cards - Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, or the Spouse payment plan, which is a little cash, a little check and a little on a credit card, so he doesn't know exactly how much you spent.​
I very rarely have checks made out to PC now.

My outside order forms indicate clearly that checks are to be made out to me. In fact, my name is larger than the other text. :) Here's my form, in case anybody wants to use it.

Attachments

• blankOOF MI.doc
    49 KB · Views: 311
chefann said:
If you're placing an order tonight, I accept cash with 3 forms of ID (that usually gets a laugh), checks made out to me, credit/debit cards - Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, or the Spouse payment plan, which is a little cash, a little check and a little on a credit card, so he doesn't know exactly how much you spent.​

I'm going to have to remember that one...love the Spouse payment plan thing. LOL:D

I use the OOF from CC but the line to fill in your name for checks is too small! It drives me nuts!

chefann said:
I very rarely have checks made out to PC now.

My outside order forms indicate clearly that checks are to be made out to me. In fact, my name is larger than the other text. :) Here's my form, in case anybody wants to use it.

Hehehehe I do the same thing but call it the "Husband Protection Program"

Yeah, I call it the SPP - spousal protection plan. LOL!

1. What should I do if I accidentally wrote the wrong name on a check to Pampered Chef?

If you accidentally wrote the wrong name on a check to Pampered Chef, the first thing you should do is contact your bank. They may be able to cancel the check and issue you a new one with the correct name. If the check has already been cashed, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service to request a refund or credit.

2. Can I still use a check with the wrong name on it to make a purchase from Pampered Chef?

No, unfortunately you cannot use a check with the wrong name on it to make a purchase from Pampered Chef. This is for security reasons and to prevent any fraudulent activity. You will need to request a new check with the correct name or use an alternative form of payment.

3. How long does it take to receive a refund or credit if I accidentally wrote the wrong name on a check to Pampered Chef?

The time it takes to receive a refund or credit for a check with the wrong name will depend on the specific circumstances and how quickly the issue is resolved. We recommend contacting Pampered Chef's customer service for an estimated timeline.

4. Will I be charged any fees for canceling a check with the wrong name to Pampered Chef?

This will depend on your bank's policies and the specific circumstances. Some banks may charge a fee for canceling a check, while others may not. We recommend contacting your bank for more information.

5. What steps can I take to prevent writing the wrong name on a check to Pampered Chef in the future?

To avoid making this mistake in the future, we recommend double-checking the recipient's name before writing the check. You can also use online banking or mobile payment options to ensure the correct name is used for the transaction. Additionally, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service to confirm the correct payee name before sending a check.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • J.Corley