• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Mess Up My Pampered Chef Order? Feeling Discouraged.

In summary, the speaker had a mishap with their host's order being shipped to the wrong address. Despite feeling like a screw up, the host was understanding and reminded them that everyone makes mistakes. The conversation ended with reassurance that it's okay to make mistakes and that things will work out.
LCOLACHICO
I messed up !!! :eek: I had my host's order shipped to the neighbors house !!!! I typed a 5 instead of a 9 as the last #, and just got off the phone w/ fed ex and they said that they cannot notify the driver to have the 2nd box delivered to the correct address ... i just have to wait it out !!
Called my my host and let her know.. I know that it could be worse .. thank goodness I just sent it next door , but I feel like a screw up :(

She seemed OK with it, but I just feel like an a.... and not to mention that this was a booking from the 1st show that was such a mess... second guessing myself as to continue pc right now... i am praying and asking God what I need to be doing...I am having so many humps a long the way, and wondering if this is not what i need to be doing.? so discouraged !!!:yuck:

Just needed to vent !! thanks for listening :)

{{{HUGS}}} It's all good. This was a little thing. I once sent a show to a whole different city!! Crazy!

You will have bumps along the way. It is apart of life and an inherent part of this business. You have to remember that you are "Pampered" not "Perfect". Strive to do right and be as professional as you can, but cut yourself some slack! We all mess up and your mistake was very minor.

Don't beat yourself up too much - it was just a little "oops". As mentioned we've ALLLLL done lots of oops....and the first shows are always the most "interesting" anyway!! Heck, after 4 1/2 years I'm still making stupid/silly mistakes at my shows and I just have to laugh it off in front of everyone. We are not PERFECT - human yes...so we err. :D

Well, with FedEx even if you had the right address it still could have gone to the wrong house.

I had them deliver two packages to the SAME address on two different days this week. The 2nd package ended up down the road UNDERNEATH a porch!

Update, my Host is such a blessing !!! Really she herself told me not to beat myself up... her words "This is your Mother Stop that talk right now.. no more talking like you are a screw up !!! we all make mistakes and the only perfect person in this world was Jesus and He doesn't want you to beat yourself up about this small mistake"

Thank God for Grace... I was so afraid that she was going to be mad at me like her friend from the last show !!!!

U ALL ARE THE BEST :sing:

:):):):):):):):):)

jrstephens said:
Well, with FedEx even if you had the right address it still could have gone to the wrong house.

I had them deliver two packages to the SAME address on two different days this week. The 2nd package ended up down the road UNDERNEATH a porch!

LOL. SOoooo true. Even if the address was right, they could have goofed and they do. We are all human and all make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up. :)

Glad it all worked out for you. I had a similar experience with things going screwy...with the same host - got the recipe mixed up, missing ingredients, gave her wrong host special....it's a bless and release moment!! ;)

1. What should I do if I make a mistake while preparing a recipe?

If you make a mistake while preparing a recipe, don't panic! The first thing you should do is assess the situation and determine if the mistake can be easily fixed. If it can, go ahead and make the necessary adjustments. If not, don't worry, mistakes happen and the dish will likely still turn out delicious.

2. How can I prevent making mistakes while cooking?

To prevent making mistakes while cooking, it's important to read the recipe thoroughly before you begin and gather all of your ingredients and tools ahead of time. This will help you stay organized and focused while cooking. It's also helpful to double check measurements and follow instructions carefully.

3. Can I still serve a dish if I make a mistake while cooking?

Yes, you can still serve a dish if you make a mistake while cooking. As mentioned before, mistakes happen and the dish will most likely still taste great. However, if the mistake significantly affects the taste or texture of the dish, it's best to start over or serve a different dish.

4. What should I do if I accidentally burn or overcook a dish?

If you accidentally burn or overcook a dish, it's best to start over and make a new batch. However, if the dish is salvageable, you can try to fix it by adding extra seasoning or sauce to mask the burnt flavor. If the dish is overcooked, you can try to add some moisture back in by adding a bit of broth or water.

5. How can I learn from my cooking mistakes?

The best way to learn from your cooking mistakes is to reflect on what went wrong and make adjustments for next time. Take note of where you went wrong and try to avoid making the same mistake in the future. It's also helpful to seek advice from more experienced cooks or watch cooking tutorials to improve your skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • tgardner92102