• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missionary Shower: Ideas & Invitation Ideas

In summary, a missionary shower is a special event held to support and celebrate individuals who are going on a mission trip or serving as missionaries. Some ideas for a missionary shower include creating a prayer wall, organizing a potluck meal or dessert bar, and creating care packages. Invitations can be simple and personal, and it is appropriate to ask for specific items on a registry. It is also important to be respectful of the missionary's cultural background and customs when planning the event.
Vickie Button
I'm working on a shower for a couple going on the mission field to New Guinea. Anyone have any ideas.....how about an invitation. I'm pretty new to CS so I'm not sure how to find info on a missionary shower.

Hi Vickie,

This past fall I did a show/fundraiser for a missions group in Cuba. One of our local churches was in Cuba in April so they came back with ideas of what the kitchens needed in Cuba such as knives, cutting boards, Ultimate Mandoline, Oven Mitts, microfiber towels, etc. So people came to the show (did it as an open house so they could come and go as they were able) and the ordered some items to be sent to Cuba and some items for themselves. Then the host benefits were all used to get additional products for Cuba. Once the order came in, everything was compiled and when the next person went to Cuba they took it with them.

This really worked out well and the missionaries received tons of nice items. If this sounds like something you are looking for, let me know and I can email you a copy of what we put on the posters and in the church bulletin for advertising.

Thanks so much. I would love any information you have. This family is on their way to Papau New Guinea to support the missionaries there. She's getting a wish list together for me. What kind of invitation did you send out. I've put one together but would love to see what you did. Did you do an acutal shower? Thanks so much for responding!

1. What is a missionary shower?

A missionary shower is a special event held to support and celebrate individuals who are going on a mission trip or serving as missionaries. It typically involves gathering together and showering the missionary with gifts, prayers, and encouragement before they embark on their journey.

2. What are some ideas for a missionary shower?

Some ideas for a missionary shower include creating a prayer wall or writing encouraging notes for the missionary to take with them, organizing a potluck meal or dessert bar, and creating care packages with items the missionary may need during their trip such as toiletries, snacks, and travel-sized games or books.

3. Can you provide invitation ideas for a missionary shower?

Invitations for a missionary shower can be simple and personal, such as sending a handwritten note or creating a digital invitation with a photo of the missionary. You can also incorporate a theme related to the mission trip, such as using a world map design or including a Bible verse that represents the purpose of the trip.

4. Is it appropriate to ask for specific items on a missionary shower registry?

Yes, it is appropriate to ask for specific items on a missionary shower registry as it can help the missionary prepare for their trip and alleviate some of the financial burden. However, it is also important to give guests the option to give monetary donations or choose their own gift for the missionary.

5. Are there any traditional or cultural customs to consider when planning a missionary shower?

It is important to be respectful of the missionary's cultural background and customs when planning a missionary shower. This may include avoiding certain foods or activities that may not align with their beliefs or traditions. It is also important to consult with the missionary or their family beforehand to ensure that the event is culturally sensitive and inclusive.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SchuchyCookie
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Brenchryst
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Gale