• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Missing Oregon Boy: Keep Family and Community in Your Prayers"

In summary, Kyron Horman, a second-grader at Skyline Elementary School in Portland, has not been seen since Friday afternoon. His stepmother, Terri Horman, has been cooperative with authorities but they have not yet found any trace of him. The search has been narrowed down to a specific area and is continuing on Thursday.
lockhartkitchen
My heart goes out to the family. It made me really watch my 6-year old closely tonight. I could not imagine how it would feel to lose a child. Keep this family and community in your prayers.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Searchers from a dozen Oregon police agencies, in addition to the FBI, were pursuing tips into Saturday evening after a Skyline Elementary School student didn't return home from classes on Friday afternoon.
Kyron Horman, 7, was last seen early in the day at the school, 11536 NW Skyline Blvd., during a science fair.

Attachments

• photo+kyron+tip+line.jpg
    photo+kyron+tip+line.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 370
Prayers said for the family.

More and more is looking like it might be the step-mom. Her story just isn't adding up. I'm staying optimistic. I guess I'm naive in thinking "how could a parent even think of this?".

:( I hadn't heard about it (here in Japan) yet.

I'm in Oregon, the boys mom is actually from my area so this story has been all over the news here. The strange part in what we have been hearing is the step mom dropped him off at school. He was seen in his science classroom with his science project before school started then at the bell he did not come back to class.

What a scary situation. My heart goes out to the family.

Being a step mom myself I cannot imagine doing anything to my step son. But some people do things we all think how could they? I hope that for her sake she didnt do anything. I can see both sides.

I can feel for her if she is innocent and has all these people pointing fingers at her even the childs biological parents. That would be some amazing guilt either way. But at the same time if she did do something, that is sad. I do hope they find him either way... My heart goes out to the family.

Latest news I have heard today was that the family is expected to speak to the public tomorrow.
What I find strange though is that he went missing at his school in Portland (northern oregon) I live in the Medford area where they boys mom lives. (southern oregon) She has left to help in the search efforts but according to our local news....they are putting up missing flyers around here and have interviewed neighbors of the moms home???
I just hope they find him. Alive and well.

Sending up prayers for the family and the child.

K.Shaffer said:
Latest news I have heard today was that the family is expected to speak to the public tomorrow.
What I find strange though is that he went missing at his school in Portland (northern oregon) I live in the Medford area where they boys mom lives. (southern oregon) She has left to help in the search efforts but according to our local news....they are putting up missing flyers around here and have interviewed neighbors of the moms home???
I just hope they find him. Alive and well.

You mean the bio-mom, right? You're thinking that they're thinking she, or someone she knows, may have taken him?

Yes, the Bio-mom lives in my area. I don't know what to think. I just find it weird we have alot of flyers up around here and the local news had interviewed the Bio-moms neighbors and they reported the police have been speaking to them (bio moms neighbors) as well. I think it's just a standard format to interview as many people as possible who has know the boy.
Still no sign of him and this is the latest report from my local news. I live in Jackson County so its nice to see our locals are helping in the effort in Portland.

June 9, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Jackson County Search and Rescue has joined the expanding search for seven-year-old Kyron Horman in Portland.

15 members of Jackson County Search & Rescue have joined crews from another 17 Oregon counties. The search includes a National Guard helicopter, searchers on horses, and about 125 volunteers slogging through the rain-soaked brush and steep woods around the Portland school where the second-grader vanished nearly a week ago.

Authorities reported no results Thursday in their search and investigation. Search leaders said efforts were focused primarily on a two-mile radius around Skyline Elementary School, which is atop a ridge with a mix of forest and open areas.

Klamath County Sheriff Tim Evinger went to Portland Tuesday at the request of Multnomah County Sheriff's Office to assist with command of the search. Evinger will be returning home Thursday night, although members of his team will remain in Portland.

"I can't speak to the investigation, but the search and rescue is going very smoothly. We're remaining optimistic. We're out looking for a live little boy. The scenarios are infinite about what could have happened, and we continue to check off every box on our list," Sheriff Tim Evinger said.

The second-grader was last seen at Skyline Elementary at about 9 a.m. last Friday walking to his classroom after his stepmother dropped him off at the school's science fair. When he didn't return home on the bus, his family called the school. Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, resides in Medford.

I just read they have upgraded this to a criminal case, and called off all but the local searchers. We should all keep a watch for him across the nation since, after all this time, there's no telling where he might be.http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2010/jun/14/no-headline---or--missing_boy-search0111/Very sad situation.

It has made schools more aware of students. We have been leaving differently in the afternoons with our students, so we know where everyone is. We started calling home within 20 minutes of start of school, a few years ago after we had a family who never returned from vacation and we found the father had killed them all and they were in the house. It just is scary sometimes.

Honestly, this is why children aren't outside playing. Things like these break my heart and make me wonder what people are doing when they do harm to babies like these.

I did think it was a bit weird that the school didn't call to check on the child's absence. That was a common thing where I grew up for the school to check to see why a child was not in attendance.

Sheila said:
I did think it was a bit weird that the school didn't call to check on the child's absence. That was a common thing where I grew up for the school to check to see why a child was not in attendance.

For my son's school, you have to call in their absence or you get a call within 15 minutes after the tardy bell! And if they don't get an answer at home, they start calling your emergency numbers.

I don't understand how this little guy could have BEEN at school, and then disappeared, and no one knew until he didn't get off the bus at home? So frustrating to read the news reports of this, and praying that they find that little guy.

There just must be more to the story than they are releasing. The parents' behavior has just been too weird, as well.Lord God, please be with little Kyron and bring him safely home. Amen!

1. What happened to the missing Oregon boy?

The missing Oregon boy, 6-year-old Dennis Kipp, went missing on Saturday while hiking with his family in the Mount Hood National Forest. He was last seen around 5:00pm near the Ripplebrook campground.

2. Have there been any updates on the search for the missing boy?

The search for Dennis Kipp is still ongoing. Search and rescue teams, as well as volunteers, are continuing to comb the area and surrounding trails for any signs of the missing boy.

3. How can I help in the search for the missing boy?

If you are in the area, you can join the search efforts by contacting local authorities or the family's designated search coordinator. You can also share information about the missing boy on social media to help spread the word.

4. Are there any leads or suspects in the case?

At this time, there are no known leads or suspects in the case. The focus is on finding the missing boy and reuniting him with his family.

5. Is the family asking for any specific support or resources?

The family is asking for prayers and positive thoughts during this difficult time. They are also grateful for any support from the community, including volunteers and donations to aid in the search efforts.

Back