• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing or Broken Host Items: What's Your Experience?

In summary, several consultants have experienced issues with missing and broken items in their shipments. Some have had to do multiple adjustments and had problems with show and supply orders. Additionally, there have been issues with items being shipped to the wrong location and duplicates being sent. Despite this, some consultants have had mostly positive experiences with their orders.
KHocutt
How often do host's have items missing in their shipment? It seems that I have had about 1/2 of my hosts in the past 6 months have at least one item missing or 1 item broken. I feel like the product adjustment queen. What has everone elses experience been? :eek:

and I thought I was! I think I have had maybe 3 or 4 shows where I haven't had to do an adjustment! (I've done about 17 shows so far) - I've actually been wondering how other consultants shipments were! Plus I have lots of shipping problems too - like one time, I had ordered the paring knives and mini scrapers for draw prizes, and when I got my box I only had 1 of each (instead of 5) so I called in, they sent me out another box, and again it only had 1 of each, so I had to call again...finally it got sorted :rolleyes:
-h

They're not doing so well in the warehouse lately. I have also had many problems with show orders AND supply orders lately. I had to do THREE adjustments on a supply order cuz they kept sending the wrong thing! It was stuff I had borrowed from my NED and needed to replace, so I finally had to name drop to get it corrected.

I just had a show shipped to my house b/c the host is my neighbor and she's on vacation. Boy, am I glad I did.

The Stoneware Fluted Pan was in a zillion pieces. The striped rectangle platter in the Entertaining Set was also broken, which astounded me since the thing is triple packed. The thing was, both pieces were on the outside the shipping box, up against the cardboard and just weren't protected enough from the force of the UPS man.

On that same order, they forgot one set of steak knives (for the guest whose fluted pan is broken--wonderful :confused: )

I have another show coming to me this week (host doesn't want it left on her porch) and I hope there's no problems with thi s one.

I had a $1200 show last week of Feb and I pray to God nothing is wrong with her order, but I know it will be. Just waiting for the call...

Oh, and I just wanted to point out that I live one hour from the HO. Stuff leaves Addison at 1 a.m. and is at my house at 1 p.m. I don't understand how things can get broken in just 12 hours...

I haven't had anything broken (knock on wood) but nearly every show lately has had something missing.....and with one show, after 4 weeks of submitting the adjustment, my customer still did not have her missing items. We were both really upset because a couple of the missing items were for an ice-cream sundae birthday party and they had ordered the stuff especially for this.
I also ordered a new "clear collar" replacement part for the food chopper for a customer that never got sent out.
This is frustrating!

Me too!I don't hold that many shows but it happened that I had a great February. I was missing at least one item from all of the shows! What a pain! I think they're trying to get everything out fast and, as a result, they're not being as careful as they could be. At least they're good about adjustments. I would think, though, that anything that wasn't included in an order would be a priority to get out. Seems like it takes a week to ship. Hopefully things settle down soon. ;)

The last order that was shipped to me had two identicle boxes. The same stuff was in both boxes. When I phone to let them know they said that they didn't even have a shipping number for the second box and weren't even sure how it got to me. I've done 12 shows now and only 1 has been alright.

Really??!!:eek: I started in May of '05. My very first order had a bag of coffee in it that was busted and then I had a show in October that was missing a mini serving spatula, and that is it!!! I've never had a problem with a supply order either and never had anything come in broken. I feel very lucky after reading all these posts!

Only about 1/2 of my orders come in correct, I feel like such a schlep when this happens...I know it's not my fault but it does make me/us look bad.

Glad it's not just me!Of the 12 shows I've done so far, less than half were ok. Either there's a product missing or the wrong one is sent. I feel like I'm getting to know the people who work at the home office.

When I asked the HO about this, their response is that the warehouse is super busy and that they're only human! I hate having to spend the extra time to get these problems sorted out. Sometimes, it can take up to 1/2 hour, including talking to the host on the phone, calling HO, etc. I don't get paid more for this extra time I have to put it. It's quite frustrating!

I always just use the Product Adjustment link in the Frequently Visited Links area on CC. Just follow the steps and it's as easy as that, maybe takes 5 minutes and I find it much faster than calling. Actually, I don't call HO anymore, I do all of my communication through e-mail.

so far i have only had one show that had one wrong product in it and the lady decided to just keep that one instead of returning it. (no price difference). here lately i havent had a problem with HO, its been more UPS. when i ordered my spring products and supply it took FOREVER for it to be delivered and when it was the boxes were all busted up and looked awful. i was so surprised that nothing was broken!! hopefully soon things will slow down again and things get back to normal!!

Absolutely! Conultants Corner is the way to go, it doest take any time at all and your products will be on the way quickly! Dont waste time by calling and being on hold forever! ;)

Yes, but if you have to do an adjustment on an adjustment--GRRR!--you have no choice but to call. You can't do it online.

I had an Entertaining Set with a broken striped platter, so I called (just to verify that we didn't need to send the entire set and that they would replace the platter only). I got a new girl who had somebody over her shoulder telling her what to do the entire time so the call took forever. Fine.

Then UPS came yesterday with a box. Inside was a packing slip that stated I was receiving #2018 striped rectangle platter but inside the box was #2017 small striped square. Lovely.

So I called again and had to wait THREE HOURS for a call back. Then, when I got connected, I could hear them talking in the background, but no one got on and introduced themselves. I waited and waited (no way I was giving up after waiting three hours) and kept saying hello. Finally someone got on. She had apparently put someone on hold to finish her adjustment, but then the system gave her a new call--me. The rep was new, so she couldn't figure out how to switch between us. She couldn't put me on hold for some reason. So she took my consultant # and vowed to call me back.

About a half hour later, she did call me back and helped me. But again, because she was new, the call took forever. It was clear cut--the warehouse made a mistake, I should have been given a ref # and sent on my way. But she didn't know how to enter it, so she had to put me on hold and go find someone...

Think if this happened to our customers if they call the HO to handle a return or exchange themselves. They wouldn't be very happy. That's why I will continue to handle all problems for my customers instead of telling them how to do it themselves.

But it still takes precious time away from my biz and my family when I had to wait to get things taken care of like this.

And think of all the money that PC is spending to send UPS to pick up mistakes and then to resend all this stuff!

could we request...I just had my first adjustment (missing items) of 20 shows! That's really good considering all these complaints I see here! Do you think we could all email HO stating our concerns regarding these problems and maybe they will slow down a bit (in the wherehouse) to make sure they are putting orders together accurately before shipping out? I Think of the exra $$ it's costing them to have to send out a replacement or missing items. You would think they would make it mandatory that the orders be double checked for accuracy to save on this waste of money for doubling shipping show orders.

well that's just my 2 cents.:rolleyes:

Heather,

It happens:(

Think of how many shows they are processing day? It does cost them to resend things out, but the fact is they do correct it because it was a mistake. That's what's great about PC. They try to make it as easy as possible for us to fix things when they do go wrong.

I once had 20 items missing from an order. Luckily when I saw they were small kitchen tools and that the box had indeed been inspected (had a signature and everything) before it went out, I told CS that it looked as though the small items could have been in a bag (as PC ships most small tools together in a bag) and the inspector could have forgotten to put it back into the box.

My CS rep said okay let's do this together! We went through every item and they sent me every item that was missing from the order without second guessing me.

That made me feel confident and appreciative for PC trusts their Consultants completely! I am so happy to be part of this company that bends over backwards to help us succeed in our buisness and fix what unfortunately could go wrong at times :)

I have also had items missing from the past 3 shows I have had and also on my supply order. I was really feeling like a heel about contacting them on the missing items. Makes me feel so bad to tell my host it will be another 2 weeks on the items. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one bugging the heck out of HO about these missing items. I did see in one of the boxes a inspection slip, but only 1 box out of 5 had that. Sure do pray this gets better and doesn't get worse.

Canada HOI'm in Canada and this is happening just as much for me. Missing, damaged or defective items is almost a given for each show.
SOOOO frustrating, embarassing and inconvenient for myself and the hosts!

1. What should I do if I am missing a host item from my order?

If you are missing a host item from your order, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-266-5562 or through the "Contact Us" form on our website. Our team will work to resolve the issue and get the missing item to you as soon as possible.

2. Can I still earn host rewards if a host item is missing or broken?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if a host item is missing or broken. Our customer service team will work with you to either replace the item or provide a credit towards a future order.

3. What happens if a host item is out of stock?

If a host item is out of stock, our customer service team will work with you to either provide a replacement item or offer a credit towards a future order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

4. How long does it take to receive a replacement host item?

The time it takes to receive a replacement host item can vary depending on availability and shipping times. Our customer service team will communicate with you throughout the process and provide an estimated timeline for when you can expect to receive the item.

5. What should I do if a host item arrives broken?

If a host item arrives broken, please contact our customer service team immediately. We may ask for photos of the damaged item to assist with our quality control process. We will work to get a replacement item to you as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSharain
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gothim0802
  • 2crazyboys
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • slj1229